Need help deciding class, race and starting city, please!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ltldogg, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Ltldogg Augur

Want to play something simple this time, fun, easy to get a group. I'm thinking DE Wizzy or Rogue. I'm taking all suggestions.

Thanks in advance!
  2. Xhieron Elder

I'd play DE Mage over Wiz. Simple, fun, high DPS, good times all around. The real breaking point is: would you rather have a pet or port? That's the primary difference from a casual perspective.
  3. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Human, Eye-patch, Necro

Done....
  4. Ltldogg Augur

Thanks for the replies thus far.

I should mention I don't enjoy pet classes per se and find them to not be that simple to play. Really leaning towards Wizzy again. I played one on the first progression server and really enjoyed it (was the second to Wizzy to reach 50). I played a cleric on Fippy but that class was way to busy to want to do it again (I was in TL and raided all the time).

I usually play good classes, but Neriac is attractive because of the closeness to a Wizard Spire as well as the great leveling zones that are all off Lavastorm. Also DE Wizzies have great starting stats. Plus, I can't stand the revamped Freeport.

I love Qeynos but have played it some many times. Same thing with Kaladim, Kelethin and Akanon (basically all of Faydwer).

Ugh, so many choices........
  5. Iyvy Augur

You might try shaman or druid, I think both are better than wizards for a more casual player. Wizards are better for raiders/later expansions.
  6. Ltldogg Augur

Thanks for the reply but I know first-hand that Wizards are just fine for group content in Classic. Besides, I will be playing this char at least through PoP.
  7. Kywen Augur

All's I'm saying is that if, the night before the server goes up, you're still lookin for help deciding class, race and starting city... oh my!

Sounds like you are about set on Wizard. I've never played a DE so I don't know what is near Neriak, but seems like there are wizzy spires pretty close to Felwithe too, if you want to play a goody-goody toon.
  8. Lokero Elder

Wizard is awesome, but they do have alot more downtime than most any other class, particularly if you do any soloing. When soloing with a wiz, you usually don't want to start a fight unless you are at full mana, since a wiz that runs out of mana is dead ;) All the other casters have alternative forms of damage to finish things off(pets, dots, super snare for druids, etc.).

I'm just sad for all of you playing Wizard now that never got the chance back in the old days(classic era). A max level wizard with ice comet in the old days was what a high level wizard should be. Ice comet was so amazing back then.
    You could actually play like a sniper when farming and killing. Mobs wouldn't aggro if you insta-killed something. So, with a room full of mobs you could one shot something and the rest wouldn't even aggro. Sniping nameds in Mistmoore, etc., was pretty great.

Point is: Ice comet got its damage nerfed way down and it's nothing special now. It won't pull off those one shots the way it used to. I think the damage got nerfed from 1120 to like 800 or something? Sad.

Edit: Oh yeah, definitely stick with Dark Elf... you'll never regret having Hide for those long-med-time-afk-breaks. Also, Solusek Ro is a non-hated deity with some good imbue/deity jewelery that only wizards can imbue, iirc.
  9. Weverley Augur

I would play a shammy if i were you and you can it as a barbarian, ogre or troll all places you didn't seem to have mention and they are not play much compare to other class and are welcome with almost any group.
  10. Works Elder

As a former Wizard this makes me sad. Once upon a time no one could even come close to dealing burst damage like a Wizard.

This is a few expansions in, but I was part of a Manaburn crew back in the day on Saryrn and that resulted in some of the most fun multi-guild raids I ever was a part of. Got a raid target but no raid? Just call Wizards For Hire: We make it dead.