How long will you go without sleep.....

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by LessPlay, Dec 6, 2015.

1. LessPlay Journeyman

I myself can probable go for 60 hours or so before the swelling in my legs becomes unbearable....

Will you also put your body thru hell on Phinny......

Should we rethink our lives?
  2. Finley Augur

12 weeks is a long time, it's the middle of the holiday season, and classic isn't *that* exciting. Pace yourself and don't ignore your friends and family!
  3. your bro joe New Member

EQ over family...EQ came first what cani say I'ma loyal bro. Someone else can raise my daughter for a few months.
    Balaine likes this.
  4. Soon Augur

Don't ignore your friends and family. They are in sol b waiting for you!
    Jadefox and Finley like this.
  5. Frottage Journeyman

My legs blew up so bad on R/F too but I will allways be last man standing
  6. DuchessElindra Elder

I think I'll manage to play 3 hours straight if the kids sleep well.
    DruidCT, Elderock and Works like this.
  7. Nolrog Augur

At this point in time, I can't see why anyone would want to stay up playing EQ for 60 straight hours on any server, let alone one with content beaten a billion times before. If that's what makes you happy, who am I to say anything, but to me, that does seem excessive.

I'll play a couple hours at a time, depending on how I feel and if I can get a group and what not, assuming I do play on Phini which I'm not sure about yet.
  8. -GRIM- New Member

Since I have never actually done 1-50 in a single grind before, that is going to be my goal this time around - this could very well be my last chance to experience it.

That said, I am *hoping* it shouldnt take more than 48 hours with my skilled premade. but since I have never done it before, my schedule is wide open.

A lot of people will give their reasoning why its dumb to do something like that, Xmas holidays coming up etc. etc. but my play is strictly to satisfy my personal goals for the game, and everyone is different.
    Jadefox, MBear and EQ1999 like this.
  9. Rhodz Augur

If a person enjoys smashing themselves in the head with a brick then by all means do enjoy the experience.
    I once worked for 52 hours straight but I was being very well paid and it took days before I felt human again. No thanks
  10. EQ1999 Elder

Don't let the haters get you down.

I'll have a full medical team complete with IV administration of fluids and essential nutrients so that I can keep going until my character is 50 with full planar armor.

I've actually been training since September for this moment since it was first rumored on Twitter. Started with two 8 hour sessions per day, and have scaled back to a single 14 hour session in the last few weeks. Letting my body rest and loading up carbs over the next 72 hours.

Really looking forward to a peak performance, and hope to see my fellow EQ olympians on the medal stand when the dust settles in the first 36 hours of the server.
    Aneia, Drexll and Kragin like this.
  11. EQ1999 Elder

Seriously though, marathon leveling in exp can be a blast with a fun group of folks. Once you hit delirium is when all the best memories are made :)
  12. Youngdeez Lorekeeper

I have lived with elephantiasus for years, I am morbidely obese and plan on staying awake atleast a good 48 hours prior to server launch. I have made sure my kids know I will not be seeing them. Cant Wait For Phini!!!

3 Days!!
    Xanadas and Drexll like this.
  13. Youngdeez Lorekeeper

My Daughter Would Be Leveling With me.....
  14. your bro joe New Member

She's 1. She would be such a newb right now. If phinny is still open in a year or 2 daddy will have himself a little heal bot, don't u worry bout that.
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.
  15. Weverley Augur

I might play 12 hours straight at the start but xmas time with family meal and visiting relatives are a must in my family.It's not like it takes forever to get to 50 anyway on 1 character and from what i heard lockout for raid are by account not by character.It's a 16 years old game anyway so it's not like it's the first time i level and i'm sure most people already know which zones to go at which level.
  16. Nadasdy New Member

Myself most likely going Thursday night-Sunday morning if I can handle it. Last time i did a long play session was 48 hours for AoC and 60ish for Rift after working a 10 hour shift.
  17. bobjones1208 Augur

I can't tell the difference between the legit posts and the trolling, so this must be a good thread. A++ would do business with again!
    EQ1999 likes this.
  18. EQ1999 Elder

When the stakes are this high, there is a real blurring of the line between what is real and what is not.

It's once every four years we get to test ourselves against the the greatest on the world's stage. And now we get to do it again only 6 months later? This is quite literally an historic moment in the history of EQ TLP servers.

Those who got behind on RF from an untimely death in Crushbone will now have their chance to start fresh. We expect a full 14 hours to be shaved off of the previous record of 49hrs 12min set by Girth on RF launch (aka Mugatu). If you don't believe me, just read the time stamp in his inspect message.

None will want to squander this gift of a second chance provided by DBG.
  19. Rofllawls New Member

Long enough to get set up in my spot, camp broken and keyboards programmed to hit /pet attack <target> every 6 minutes for three targets.
  20. drew0987654 Augur

I really feel like it shouldn't take 2 days playing straight through... an hour in the commonlands, then an hour with the alligators, then a couple hours with the wolf ppl, then a couple hours with the zombies, then a couple hours with the bird ppl.... there's probably at least 2 more steps after this and I may have missed a step in there somewhere but even if the later steps are closer to 3 hours each it doesn't come close to 49 hours.... I don't think I'm going to hit it this hard but I would have expected the best of the best to do it in about a day. my memories must be fuzzy. it seems to go so quickly with a group though, why don't all you hardcore marathon running crazies get a group together and beat the record w/o stopping if you've got such endurance?