FAQ eta?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by taliefer, Dec 2, 2015.

1. taliefer Augur

Roshen said he was workin on a faq, i know patience is a virtue and all, but im champing at the bit to get more info on how the instancing will work exactly
  2. Banai Augur

Yea mods have been mia lately yet they managed to take the time to close the 1 positive thread on these forums lol. Posting the FAQ should be a higher priority
  3. Melchizedek New Member

Closing this one down guys...on account of future potential questions it might spur.
  4. ElaidaTL Augur

they say a lot of things round here.
    Qelyn likes this.
  5. Vaclav Augur

Indeed - I think I heard Prime Rib was a better item to have for Thanksgiving instead of turkey....
    Silv and MBear like this.
  6. Delphwind Augur

$10 says they open the server 4 days ahead of schedule.

Your FAQ will come 2-3 business days after that.
  7. Roshen Brand Manager

Hey guys, I'll totally remind Roshen to get this FAQ posted. It's written, and it's going through the dev team for review. Our goal is to get this posted before the weekend.

In the meanwhile, to keep this thread constructive... in addition to "how does raid instancing work on this new server" what other questions do you want to make sure gets into the first post of the Phinny FAQ?
    Alphont and Slambit like this.
  8. Machen New Member

What is the cap on # of players in the dz?

How will hate and fear trash work?

How will plane of sky work?

What will happen when we hit underfoot and it takes >90 days to beat the expansion?

Will already instanced content from PoP onward be adjusted to 6.5 day timers, or will we get the current timers once we hit those?
    Kridina, Tronk, Raynard and 1 other person like this.
  9. Azzudien Augur

How to properly move a guild name to the server for guilds that make the move?
  10. Sway-SA New Member

Will pre-nerfed items eg: Guise of the Deceiver be available and when will they become "nerfed" on the timeline.
    Elkay likes this.
  11. taliefer Augur

awesome, thanks.

only other question that comes to mind for me, is if there is an exact time targeted on the 9th to open the server?
    Kridina likes this.
  12. Numiko Augur

Will the new server be a clone of ragefire? or will there be a clean up done of things that are out of era that got through the cracks... Seems like most were TS items, Stat food, pottery idols and some shamans potions. etc
  13. Sagnid Augur

Will we be able to play from the same computer on this new server and on another server with out getting kicked off.

Will you be able to buy another satchel on the same account to play on Phini. We should not be forced to create another account just to have access to this bag.
  14. Sway-SA New Member

Would you be willing to negotiate the 6.5 days to maybe 4 or at most 5?
  15. Skipper Augur

Will you change the 90 day count from the time content is defeated?
  16. AlmarsGuides Augur

1. Is every mob with mark of the old ways or whatever the buff called going to be instanced? - a few weird ones have the buff like the greenblood guy in hate and Drusella would be another one with the buff whom may/may not be instanced.

2. When you instance Hate/Fear for Inny/Ct will it just be the boss in the instance or will you leave all the trash up? (don't leave the trash up, stupid idea far too easy to find a loop hole and exploit)

3. Please, for the love of god tell us if you plan to merge(fixed) Ragefire/Lockjaw

4. Same applies to other open world bosses as 3, if you plan to leave the entire zone fully spawned, someone somewhere is gonna find a way to exploit it whether it be AE PLing in an empty raid zone that they keep spawning new instances for some drop we all forgot was in the game they can consistently spawn - DON'T FULLY POP THE ZONES, BAD IDEA

5. Have some seniour guides put in overtime cause there's gonna be a lot of drama on phinny at the start. More than you can possibly even begin to imagine.

6. Please consider giving people extended target windows. I will straight up play on Phinny if they get the extended target window - that's how much I love that feature.

7. How are you going to instance multiple boss raid zones? An instance for the whole zone or an instance per boss?
  17. Roshen Brand Manager

We're going to keep the Phinigel FAQ focused on how progression servers will be at launch. For some of your other questions:

We'll talk to players and see if they still want expansion content to continue to unlock after 90 days, or if this should be adjusted for players when we hit Underfoot.

Underfoot is the 16th expansion, and it'll be a while before this needs to looked at for the players that are active on Phinigel in this era of the game.

There are no plans to change the timers of instances for instanced content that already exists in the game. The plan is to use current timers for instanced content in later raids.
    Machen likes this.
  18. Vaclav Augur

Erhm... third person Roshen makes me awkward...

Other questions...
    Q: What specific content is being instanced?
    Q: For future keyed content, what keying will the instanced versions require? [note: potential drama with old versions having some blockable elements is why I ask]
    Q: Will the rare uninstanced content in GoD+ become instanced as well? [Txevu/Qvic for example]
    Q: What expansion will the MotM buff be removed?
    Q: Will oddball semi-raid events like the Coldain Shawl/Coldain Ring War be instanced or public?
    Q: Epic triggered fights: instanced or public?
  19. Roshen Brand Manager

At stated in several places recently, there are no plans to instance raid content on Ragefire or Lockjaw.
  20. Krek Elder

Wouldn't simply making it 90 days from the time content is completed fix Underfoot and be congruent with every expansion? For some expacs it would be trivial, and for others it would alleviate our concerns.

It would be a done deal and we would never have to worry about it again.
    Tronk likes this.