Test Update 11/25/15

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by JChan, Nov 25, 2015.

1. JChan Developer

Test update later today.

(Corrected) Update Notes (the notes in the client are incorrect)

*** Highlights ***

- We are testing True Box starting today for the upcoming Phinigel server on test. This means that only one client will be usable from each physical machine until our tests are done at which time we will disable this functionality. There is no current ETA of when this will be disabled.
    [Edit] This test has concluded. We've disabled portions of the True Box code on Test and one client can have multiple accounts logged into it now.

*** Items ***

- Changed TBM Weapons that formerly had DoT procs so they now have analogous direct damage procs.
    - Added stats to the Emblem of Antipathy, Mottled Gorgon Feather, Revolting Thought Spur, Mark of Unfeeling Flesh, Phased Distillate of Intolerance, and the Pupil of Stolen Light.
    - Fixed flagging on TBM items that were not able to be traded on Firiona Vie.

*** Quests & Events ***

- Kerath in Sul Vius: Demiplane of Life can once again be attacked.
    - Beware, several raid NPCs that were not summoning and should have been, now will be.

*** AA ***

- Updated the description on all ranks of Companion's Wrath to clarify the functionality of the ability.
    - Shaman - Corrected a bug with rank 11 of Group Pact of the Wolf that prevented it from extending the duration of the ability as expected.
    - Shaman - Corrected the target type of Wind of Pathosis so that it will properly function when triggered by Wind of Malosinete.
    - Druid - Added a spell landed message to all ranks of Spirit of the Black Wolf.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- Corrected an issue where the message that reports what zone the guildhall teleportation device is set to was not displaying when zoning into neighborhood guildhalls.
    - Applying the heroic character upgrade to an existing character will no longer reset your casting specialization skills.
    - Removed all achievements related to Bard's Casting Proficiency as they were all redundant with reaching level 10.
    - Adjusted the default gamma behavior of the game in windowed mode. By default, opening the game will no longer adjust the brightness of your desktop as it should no longer be necessary to increase the gamma slider in order to achieve reasonable in-game visibility. The option to revert to legacy functionality has been included in the advanced display options window with the button 'Enable Windowed Gamma'.

*** UI ***

- Changed some options to reflect the new gamma behavior.

- Changed -
    EQUI_AdvancedDisplayOptionsWnd.xml
    EQUI_OptionsWindow.xml

*** Previously Updated ***

- Grubbonion's Locked Tower - Grubbonion will once again correctly assign this task to players who prove their worth.
    - Remember the Good Times - Anna Broth will once again correctly assign this task to players who prove their willingness to help.
    - Feather in the Wind - Kerath in Sul Vius: Demiplane of Life can once again be attacked when necessary.
  2. chronicler Augur

This also true for beasts: Consumption of spirit ?
  3. JChan Developer

Yes, it should also apply to the Consumption of Spirit line.

Edited the post above. Apparently there were some release notes that got out that aren't ready and will not be in this build.
  4. chronicler Augur

Seems, you now removed other parts of the test, i guess thats the modulation/canni thing ?
  5. JChan Developer

Yes that was one of the things that didn't make it into today's build (we're using a new tool to collect release notes and it included some of the notes that weren't ready yet).
  6. Silv Augur

Why can't we just extend the debuff slots on mobs so that this whole DOT proc crisis wouldn't have even been an issue? (Although they were still really bad damage but not the ultimate point).
  7. Warpeace Augur

Its not just the named, imagine the fun a dot from the new weapons on a CC'd add and the chaos that could produce while having to wait for the dot to fade and re apply some CC. One well placed riposte could get multiple mobs I'm sure.
    Silv and Sindaiann like this.
  8. Silv Augur

Oh, the Enchanters are all too well aware of that, too. The moment I saw what procs they added to weapons I /facepalmed and said FML. Pretty sure Sindaiann agrees. ;)
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  9. Eniner Augur

So just wondering how long is this testing supposed to last of this server? Seems to me that would need an entire beta server to test instead disrupting a server thats nearly dependent on boxs.
  10. Sindaiann Augur

I do agree and I am still so mad about things, that I am just trying to contain my rage. lol
  11. Leifen Augur

I'm just praying they will remove it when the server goes live on December 9th not just leave it this way. I have a lot of accounts and when I play I usually have between 4 and 6 running. This move has effectively crippled me. I was even supportive of DBG and bought the expansion on 4 accounts.
    I agree it should be a beta server not the destruction of test.
  12. Kekenewah Journeyman

You broke it with this update. I can get to character select screen but when I try to log a character in I get disconnected every time. I have tried three different computers with same results. Please remove this so we can enjoy the holiday weekend.
  13. Leifen Augur

Yup same happening to me. And they are gone for the weekend now right?
  14. Xicararn Journeyman

same as kekenewah, all files validated and up to date, no custom ui, just trying to log in one character and it boots me to the oldschool login screen saying your login could not be validated please try again
  15. JChan Developer

Is this the account that can't log in? Are you getting any messages or are you just getting disconnected?
  16. Raynard Augur

True box works, now shut it off, lol.
  17. Eniner Augur

No one can log in at the moment most of us still in chat channel =p but yea its kicking us as we hit enter world or return home such buttons.
  18. gotwar Gotcharms

Same problem as my fellow testes. Successfully reach character select, then bounced to login screen with:

"Your login could not be validated. Please try logging in again" --- Verbatim error message.

Have attempted with 2 different accounts with multiple characters and several methods of getting to the EQ client and firing up the server. but no luck. In case it's asked, yes i am having this issue with the account I am currently logged into the DB forums with, as well as my other account that should be easily linked with this one (so I don't have to give additional info in a public message :=P )

**edit** I guess for the sake of being thorough, the disconnect does not occur until after hitting "Enter World". The loading process "begins" and then black screens to login w/ the previously stated message. Hope that helps. Can dig up dbug txt if needed.
  19. Leifen Augur

I am just getting disconnected and that is with any of 10 accounts.
  20. Galivan New Member

Yeah same thing for me. At char select hit Enter World and after a couple sips of the coffee, Message displays with you have been disconnected from the server.