Autobot group in Hills of Shade on FV

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Wizdons, Nov 8, 2015.

1. Iila Augur

Someone still needs to report you, and a cs rep has to respond while you're still there.

It takes a very special kind of person to report a slayer grinding player spamming f8 and /pet attack in the qeynos newbie yard.
  2. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

This guy knows what you mean:

Clearly, it's the principle!
    Elricvonclief and Iila like this.
  3. Silv Augur

I've yet to see/hear of anyone getting suspended/banned for "legit" AFK merc/pet killing - mainly doing slayers or faction - on Live. I think they added it to the EULA solely as a safeguard measure.
    Iila likes this.
  4. Warpeace Augur

Its a catch all, they can if they want.
  5. Vdidar Augur

Ill take my chances on being reported for letting my mercs do my bidding on trivial mobs for slayer and faction lol
  6. adinaei New Member

That sounds like you kinda screwed up training them too. my computer sometimes freezes when I am doing low level slayers for like 5 minutes with pet passive off and honestly if you trained me I wouldn't accept your apology of: oh I thought you where a bot
  7. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Here, I went to Hills of Shade expecting to find Optimus, boy was I disappointed.
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Huh? Are you accusing me of training people? Just an FYI you must be Gonaber/grandmaster. He has accused me of this and yet I have never trained him. *shrugs* I did like to offer dozens of zero percent resses though when I came upon a dead bot group dead. Yeah they can get the exp back in no time. Unfortuntely the bot groups I know of have stopped accepting zero percent resses. Instead whenever they die they take several minutes to res and get started again.
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Same here. My assumption was they made that change to just "AFK killing" to make it easier to get rid of botters farming loot etc and flooding the markets.... though I cannot say I have had any great success petitoning bot groups and training them may be satisfying but unless you are going to do it day after day after day it makes no difference to botters. My objections involve botters making large sums of RL cash off of their botting.

I zero percent res when they will accept it after sending a tell to all toons that I am zero ressing because I think it helps provide additional proof to GMs that they player is afk. Accepting one zero res could be an accident but accepting dozens? But the botters just have to change or pay someone to change their script to stop accepting those resses. And the best I have seen are toons possible being suspended after petitions but haven't see any bans. Never petitioned a group without watching and trying to interact with them for at least a few hours. I do my due diligence but the petitions seem to lead no where.

Daybreak needs to either make the illegal third party programs legal or actually do something about them. But if people think box groups and mercs are bad when EQ turns into a ghost town with no one online except bot groups and then sunsets... *shrugs*.
  10. Iila Augur

They apparently don't have a problem with a dev of that program hanging around these forums to promote and defend his product. The message that sends isn't exactly good.
    Genoane, Machen and Ghubuk like this.
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Yeah that and openly stating that they made a deal regarding the new TLP server with these people didn't help either.
  12. Gundolin Augur

I think we were both being a bit tongue and cheek but on the off chance I did offend you, no I am not accusing you of deliberately training AFK Mercenary campers. :)
  13. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Yeah I probably took that the wrong way. :)
  14. FurySoul Augur

Im wondering how on a whole people have a problem with how others play?

I can understand in cases where someone is directly grieving you, harassing you, or monopolizing (grieving) content.This is legitimate cause for concern and needs to be taken care of.

But seeing how underpopulated many places can be, and how much of the notable content is instanced (New TLP excluded) then I feel like some of you are just mad because someone doesn't play you want them too.

I personally think this is a game of entertainment and if someone is taking the PvE aspect without bothering others and paying for their entertainment, then I don't see what is the problem.

Seems to me that the DBG employees don't have die hard feelings about this stuff or else they would have done more when they had chances.

Seems to me that they would rather people just play and entertain themselves with the content and pay for the subscriptions and in game perks, without causing drama (cheaters and anti-cheaters alike).
  15. Bandien Elder

Seriously? :confused:

Cheating is bad, bad, bad, bad for any MMO.... This isn't game-genie for Nintendo we're talking about....
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  16. FurySoul Augur

explain to me in detail how its bad to you. If everyone had the same skill level, time and dedication then I am sure these types of things wouldn't exist. I believe that they exist because people didn't have that and found a crutch. If that crutch helps people stay in the game and add to the population in a meaningful way then whats the problem?
    Viper1 likes this.
  17. Bandien Elder

The problem is they don't use them to ADD to the game in any meaningful way. They abuse the game with the use of cheats for numerous reasons that have all been stated in the MANY previous posts about this subject. The fact you think it has no ill affect on the game is a problem in itself that I don't plan on attempting to fix, nor argue about. I just couldn't believe you were serious.
    Elricvonclief and Ghubuk like this.
  18. FurySoul Augur

You say "They" and lump every person into a single category when in fact you have legit players doing bad things and cheaters doing bad things. Doing bad things is bad no matter if or what program you're using. The problem I see is people that grief and harass. You don't need a cheat program to accomplish this.

There are many people out there doing things you may not agree with and you don't even know. Why? Because they are being a meaningful addition to the gaming community.
  19. Bandien Elder

They = pronoun for cheaters in the sentences I was constructing. I understand I didn't reference them in that current post, but I was pretty clear on whom I was speaking about in my previous post, I apologize if there was any confusion.
    Just because they (cheaters) may or may not have affected me personally, through grief and harassment, doesn't mean they haven't affected the game as a whole.
  20. FurySoul Augur

Words cannot change a broken mind. Good night to you, sleep well.