Old mobs that are still tough

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lilura, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Lilura Augur

So what mobs from, say, SoD or earlier are still a nasty challenge at 105? Just curious.
  2. Sarcogian Augur

go solo deathknell event 2.
  3. Kongfoo Elder

Cursecallers in Inktu'ta - impossible solo?, difficult with 2
    Krond in MMM - impossible solo, difficult with 2
    Solteris 3 - possible solo but difficult unless you're a necro.
  4. Lilura Augur

Why are the first two impossible to solo?
  5. Hiladdar Augur

Sisters in DoDH.
    If you want a challenge, do the performer event in DoDH solo

Event 5 and 6 in Soltaris may be harder now with greater DPS.

As a ranger I do not have any issues with Soltaris 3. Just have to do the last wave with shield in off hand, and no weapon in primary.
  6. Kongfoo Elder

I don't think Cursecallers can be soloed because of the mix of root, snare, slow, and death touch mobs chasing you. A caster may be able to solo it but I don't know for sure.

The Cruel Slaver charm in Krond event makes it impossible to solo.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  7. Tearsin Rain Augur

fixed that for you.
    performer is a nightmare with 2 or more people and incredibly easy solo.
    Orbital101, Sheex and RPoo like this.
  8. Silv Augur

Audio triggers ftw! I usually 3 box it just because that's my regular group but yeah... it can be one of those events where more is less. If you're doing it with real people though it shouldn't be an issue at all. All of the hotkey triggers are easily accessible with a quick Google too for anyone interested in doing it.

This is the only reason I leveled up a necro. :p

I don't think you were being serious here but yeah... that would be impossible. Especially with the drunk+random ports. Speaking of Deathknell, A Ro would probably be impossible since you'd die of boredom waiting on your fetter click timer to refresh. I think it's like ~20 min? reuse and I forget exactly how many clicks you need but I think it was around 15 - 25.

Anyone solo Rallos Returns or Eriak's downfall before?
  9. Orbital101 Augur

There a difference between hard and impossible ;p
    Sarcogian and Silv like this.
  10. Orbital101 Augur

Performer is easier solo/duo then 53 others that cant sing
  11. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I'd imagine Daosheen to be a horrendous solo with the orb clicks and such.
  12. Zarakii Augur

id imagine anything in SoD cant be soloed yet =P unless you mean group only then i cant really say anything is a challenge at 105 SoD and prior
  13. Iila Augur

Meh, some of the SoD raids were soloable at 95. A raid geared 105 hybrid or monk has a lot of power compared to those old raids.

On the not impossible but really annoying side: (Fabled) Phoenixes in PoFire kept me running around as a charmed pet for way too long when I poked at them a few years ago.
  14. Silv Augur

Ugh. I did that too. I forget how long I was stuck doing nothing but it was rather humorous after the fact.
  15. Sarcogian Augur

Fabled time was a fun solo. I couldn't get past the zek brother that feign you and crap. Always forget that one.
  16. Silv Augur

Seems like most people have covered the hard but solo-able stuff [and the impossible stuff :rolleyes:] pretty thoroughly so I'm slightly derailing-

What difficult content would people say is out there that could be done with 2 - 4 (boxing or real people) that is challenging but not solo? Dunno if that opens up many more options than just soloing due to advanced mechanics as time went on but I'm always interested in challenging raid content from past expansions for my team.
  17. Capnzaps New Member

LOL That happened to me once.. I got frustrated after 15 minute of messing with that and used
    /ex--and waited out the duration of charm to log back in and run a step or three before next the charm.. It never did anything with me as pet, just left me there as it had no aggro.. I would have happily taken a death at that point just to escape.. It took 15-20 camps until I was out of range.
  18. Iila Augur

When NPCs get a player as a charm pet, they go completely insane with aggro, and will attack anyone within a much larger range than usual. And when charm does wear off, their former pet won't be on their aggro list by default. It's pretty exploitable if you want to grief other players anywhere close to a charming mob.

Escape from charm lock as a druid was pretty easy, just jam on my exodus key until charm broke.
    Silv likes this.
  19. SpamFactory Augur

Militia enforcer
  20. SpamFactory Augur

Casters can solo cursecallers just fine.

I did it with a mage over a year ago. the DT mobs start off very slow and the mobs you need to kill have very little hp so with enough DPS the DT mobs dont get a chance to touch you. mage pet was useless due to root but just burning the cursecallers was no problem. you'll be rooted the whole fight but the cursecallers summon and you can get them to summon you into line of sight of your next target.

it would probably be even easier with necros since they got that massive rune AA that could eat several DTs