New Daybreak Game Cards Coming Soon!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Oct 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Derd Augur

First if I was wrong about being able to get just 15 on a card I apologize. I did a quick search on "buying prepaid cards" and amazon's ad said from 15 to 1000.

From what I read the 50 dollar card does get you up to 3 month subscription time. So it would appear that would be the best value.

3 25 dollar cards = 75 dollars cost for three months sub and 3000 DBC
    1 x 14.99

1 50 dollar card = 50 dollars cost for 3 month sub and 1100 leftover DBC
    1x 38.97
  2. Nuttmeg Augur

Completely disgusted by this. Terrible.
    Xenthoxin and Geroblue like this.
  3. Progress Augur

A business is run to make a profit. Obviously the EQ franchise hasn't been profitable for awhile and that is why it was sold. Without a profit there is no incentive for DBG to sell game cards. Do you think producing and dispensing game cards is a free service....of course not, so why sell a card for $15 that doesn't even cover cost of production and reproduces something that can be done via their website.
  4. Iila Augur

You've made the statement that a piece of posterboard with a scratchoff box costs more than $15 to produce and distribute.

Please provide sources for your outrageous claim.

And while you're at it, please provide a reason that all sub-$25 giftcards from one of the pictured kiosks don't exist.
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Either add a 15 dollar card or a 30 dollar card for those that like to pay for their membership in SC. The 30 dollar card is a fair compromise.. daybreak forces people to pay for 2 months at a time. Forcing people to buy SC in addition to their sub is wrong though.
  6. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

You all do realize that Daybreak is losing money on every purchase of these cards right?

You pay $25 and get 2500 DBC or 1 month ($14.99 value) + 1000(?) DBC; if you had bought that online you would have given that $25 to DBG. The $50 one you get 3 months ($38,97 value) + 1100(?) DBC; how is that bad? Buying it in the store means that they share part of that with the store you bought it from. When you would buy a $15 game card you would either get 1500 (if Walmart 2000 SC) or 1 month (+ 500 SC if Walmart).

With the new cards DBG is just losing out on the virtual money portion most likely; and with the $50 the buyers are going to be getting a deal more along the lines of the Walmart cards than if $15 cards were offered.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I agree the card company/company selling the cards get a cut but an no doubt they are using the excess daybreak dollars to offset that since those dont cost them anything at all. And they are also trying to ensure that anyone who can pay by credit card does. Though they pay a fee to the credit card company too.

But I might say they are not making as much money as opposed to losing money.

And if some people will only pay for all access with cards then providing cards they are willing to buy will make them more money then otherwise. I would argue that the better idea would be provide cards that just cover the monthy fee.
  8. Dexella Associate Producer

The $25 card can be redeemed one of two ways:
    • 2500 DBC
    • 1 Month All Access + 1000 DBC
    The $50 card can be redeemed one of four ways:
    • 5000 DBC
    • 1 Month All Access + 3500 DBC
    • 2 Months All Access + 2000 DBC
    • 3 Months All Access + 500 DBC
    *Please note -- this is the current plan for these card redemption options; if this needs to change for any reason, we will let you know ASAP.
  9. eliandra Elder

nice !! etc etc ... but i play on antonius bayle and since august , we have always deco during raid ( 3 yesterday ) 27 page about it on forum and no answer since last week ... is it possible to have answer about it ? news or something ?or better !! a fix !!! thx :)
    frankie78227 likes this.
  10. VZRetro Lorekeeper

I don't care what went into making the new game cards... I will NOT be forced to pay an extra $10 on top of the $15 I already pay for 30 days of all access... I do not own a credit card and I have no intention of getting one. I've spent hundreds of dollars on this game since 2001 and have been very loyal to the game. If they are going to force me to pay $25 per month now, then they're about to lose a loooooong time customer. And I guarantee I won't be the only one!

I'm disabled and on a fixed income, a credit card is the furthest thing from my intentions. Furthermore, unless they do a VERY SERIOUS graphics upgrade to the game and make expansions free for all access members like they do in DCUO, this game is not worth $25 a month. I don't give a flying fudge how much content the game has.

This is ridiculous!
    Geroblue likes this.
  11. VZRetro Lorekeeper

To clarify on my post above since it won't let me edit now, I do not care about DBC, especially since I already own everything in the marketplace that I care to own. So forcing me to pay that extra $10 a month is going to make my DBC pile up with nothing that I care to spend it on, which would make me stupid to keep buying membership because that extra $10 would be going to waste for me.

Furthermore, I pay for 2 accounts. Going from $30 a month to $50 on a fixed income isn't a possibility for me. Like I said, I do not own nor do I ever want a credit card. This new change tells me that the new owners of EQ are all about greed and they care nothing for people who can only pay with game cards.

You guys should seriously make EQ the same as DCUO by allowing access to all expansions if you're an all access member. Maybe then I'll stick around. But if you're going to force me to pay an extra $10 per account per month PLUS buy expansions, I will not do it... I purposely stay behind on expansions as it is so that I can buy the newest and get the one I'm missing for free. I'm missing TDS right now and have been looking forward to The Broken Mirror so that I can get caught up and go to 105. But since I read this forum, I won't be doing that now. I'm not spending another penny on this game. I'm done...

EDIT: You would think the company would show some love to its loyal members who have paid hundreds of dollars to them over the years as I have. Now I will have nothing to show for all of that money I've dished out. I'd be stupid if I stayed now, and so would anyone else in my shoes.
  12. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

1. Get a pre-paid visa or master card from Walmart.
    2. Put $30 on it.
    3. Use that to renew your subscription
    4. Next month put another $30 on that same card a few days before the account is due to renew.
    5. Repeat 4 ad nauseam.
    Mayfaire and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  13. lockjaws Augur

Any chance of having proper denominations on these game cards, or ones with actual time associated with them?
  14. Strafe of the Rathe New Member

These cards would sell better if there is an option to also buy the $15 cards as well. It's a well known marketing strategy that providing options around a desired price point will bring in buyers looking to cash in on the better deal. Some buyers will buy the $15 game card, but many will buy the $25 for the month and the extra game cash for goodies; knowing they have the option of just a one month sub. The $50 card will sell better too. Without the option, people will feel it's a bad deal and that they have no choice but to pay more. Fewer people will buy the higher priced cards without providing a choice.
    Tumnayar likes this.
  15. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I suspect that Daybreak wants to give people the options of using cards but also wants to discourage their use except when extremely necessary.
  16. Vopi Ululant New Member

It's now been over a week, and still no cards! I've checked both GameStop and BestBuy.

Unfortunately, I've now used the last of my old cards-- I should've bought more before the 7th, I guess. BestBuy still has hundreds of old cards on display.

My subscriptions expire today, so this was a pretty epic failure for me.
  17. Yaladorn Journeyman

Did you try Ebay for the old $15 cards? If they were bought and activated before Oct 7th, they'd still be good.
  18. Dexella Associate Producer

Hi there,

We're following up with our distributor about this. Could you send me a PM and let me know where you're located/which stores you've tried thus far?

Thanks,
    Dexella
  19. HalasRadar Augur

Just a note, also have not seen any of the new cards yet in my neighborhood.
  20. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Since time is credited in 'Days' there is no reason a $25 card can't give 50 days, and a $50 card 100 days of playtime, with no excess marketplace currency.
    DebonAir likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.