Stability on Luclin as with AB

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Malbro, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Motherlee Augur

Yep. It's just good business practice.
  2. Qualdyn New Member

Just crashed...
  3. Seamus Journeyman

For about 5 days, EQ has been unstable. It is apparently not only my server, Luclin. I have not been able to play longer than 2 hours without getting booted for days and when I get back in there are almost no people in bazaar, PoK, etc., so I know it is not just me (plus the profanity-laced frustration in general chat makes this clear). Yet I haven't seen one note on this problem or even an acknowledgment that there is a problem. This game as it is now is completely unacceptable. What is going on??????????????
  4. Imrahil Augur

Funny, if it wasn't so sad...
  5. Roamer121 New Member

Me: logging in... /uptime: your zone has been up for 12 mins 12sec etc..... over n over n over...I was lvling a warrior in grounds from 72- 83 I had to REmem his tomes like 7 times hahahahaha... /facepalm
  6. Riou EQResource

Cicelee likes this.
  7. Barbwarrior Augur

working as intended
  8. Zehn Lorekeeper

I played for at least 10 hours yesterday. Don't know what youre talking about.
  9. Warpeace Augur

Problem is Daybreak would rather use Twitter and whatever else and not their own forums to communicate.
  10. Razgadz Lorekeeper

11. Shiea Augur

There have indeed been several replies on these forums from devs and eq officials in addition to twitter.
  12. Shiea Augur

At this point, as our guild is doing, I would suggest postponing any raids until after Wednesday. Safer option and that way you're not wasting your time just to crash and be rolled back.
    Metanis likes this.
  13. Davey New Member

Whoever these two people are that have no problem and seem to be on twitter all the time, you're the minority. Just log in - I was just in bazaar along with - WAIT FOR IT - 9 other people (7 of them offline). Two minutes later, booted to character screen. Just count yourself in the lucky few because all the rest of us are getting screwed.
  14. Davey New Member

Sounds like someone is shilling for Daybreak in this thread. I not only keep getting kicked out but I've had multiple roll-backs and lost loot. Now I can't even get to the log in screen. Somehow I don't see a tweet fixing that.
  15. Seamus Journeyman

Ya I waded through 8 pages of complaints on another thread to find a single sentence from Daybreak - and that was about 5 days after the problem started. If you have no clue what's going on, why even post on this thread? Go watch your twitter account, the rest of us are busy trying to log into EQ.
    chiin likes this.
  16. Metanis Bad Company

I blame Advanced Looting. All these server instability issues began immediately after Adv Loot got introduced. It appears to be causing a memory leak issue that eventually overwrites zone and connection code which then causes the server to begin its slow avalanche crash and burn.

Since these are the same servers which supported thousands more users in the recent past and because hardware issues generally cause hard faults (read sudden catastrophic crashes) these issues have to be application and/or connection related. And if it was Sony's anti-DDOS code then all servers should be experiencing the same problems.

AB and Luclin are probably just the servers that were closest to exceeding their spare RAM capacity.

(PS, I don't really have a clue but it's fun to start rumors so have at it!)
    FixShamanPlease likes this.
  17. Conjurous_AB Elder

Seems AB server been good all weekend and marketplace has been back on, seems the problems AB had have been transfered to Luclin. Strange.
  18. Windd Journeyman

Hope this is fixed wedsday. thanks devs.
  19. Shiea Augur

Luclin since yesterday has seemed mostly back to normal stability. Lets hope it sticks.