What types of armor are these? Ornament questions

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Lejaun, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Lejaun Augur

Every now and then, when I'm not using the old graphics, I like to use the ornamentations in the marketplace. The problem is that I play on a TLP and don't know what armor is which. A shaman is a "chain" class, but the gear on TLP is a mix of things.

Totemic has a plate look. Is it plate for ornaments, or does is it counted as chain because its the shaman class armor?

What about Golden Efreeti Boots? They look like plate, but casters can use them and normally can't use plate.

Mithril tunic has a cloth like appearance almost. Is it cloth or leather or what?

What is a Platinum Armband? Is it just jewelry...or chain...or plate or ???

Anyone have a website that says what each piece of armor counts as for ornaments?
  2. Bigstomp Augur

Oh wow, rough question.

The easy answer is chain will always fit you.
    I'll defer to others beyond that.
  3. Brudal Augur

Plate appearance can use plate or chain
    Chain appearance can use plate or chain
    Leather appearance can use leather or cloth
    Cloth appearance can use leather or cloth

Alla is a good source for old items Totemic Boots are listed as "Appearance: Plate" and will accept either plate or chain ornaments. Platinum armband is "Appearance: Velious Monk"
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  4. Shallizar Lorekeeper

It doesn't really matter what the items look like in the game, what matters is what your class's max gear type is and what the ornament itself supports. A shaman will only be able to wear ornaments that work on chain gear and lower. That said, some of the ornaments that look like plate can be worn by a plate or chain class. I am a cloth class, but I wear the leather ornaments because the ornament itself works on both leather and cloth classes.

Not all ornament type will necessarily work this way and it could be changed by DB on new ornaments in the future. So you just have to check. Currently for a lot of the ornaments in game, a chain class could wear any of them.
  5. frankie78227 Augur

There several PoP/GoD era plate helms that wont take plate or chain ornaments, only cloth and possibly leather.
  6. Brudal Augur

From the item information of a given ornament like http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=123051:

If the item is coded as cloth, it takes a cloth ornament

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=123037
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  7. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

With rare exceptions, the only thing that matters as far as ornaments go is what the item you are putting it in looks like in game.