3rd party programs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zarakii, Oct 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axxius Augur

...i.e. those are no longer the top 3 guilds, just as I said. I have a good idea who the Wabbadubba person is. He retired when those were indeed the top 3, even if already not in that order.
  2. Endless Augur

I think it was 3 days or maybe even a week into when I started playing Everquest, my ranger which I started in Surefall was charmed by a necro NPC that roams around Qeynos Hills. I lost control of my ranger and was sent running down the path killing any player I came near.

Someone got really pissed at me and started /telling me I was hacking the game and was going to get reported. This person didn't stop there. I kept getting /tells for the rest of my time playing harassing me and saying that I was hacking the game. Some people are just stupid.
  3. mackal Augur

That's simple, make them sign an agreement that if they break it, they get screwed.
    Brogett and rune00 like this.
  4. rune00 Augur

What the poster above is referring to is called an NDA it's very common in business, and absolutely something dbg would be aware of in a hiring situation.

And now: Brogett, we disagree on a few things, it's fine by me.
    This quote though is a bit unfair to dbg though:
    Cosying? Really? They didn't contact the m q dev, he contacted them and offered to disable m q on the no box server, should they have said no? - Please don't disable your tool that's is used for boxing.

That just wouldn't have made any sense. I mean really?!! Why wouldn't they say yeah, that's cool, thanks.
    Anyway spin it anyway you like, I'm just a friendly fact checker trying to keep this thread straight.
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

LOL yeah you are a disinterested party who seems to claim insider knowledge on so many things... LOL>

Friendly fact checker? Uh huh. I am not buying that. But that is just my opinion.
    Brogett and rune00 like this.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

LOL. You never set up anything for me because I don't use Monkey Qrack. Nor do my officers. And it would be sort of dumb to be against it and using it. And yeah there was a guild called Black Lions or something like that. But nice try on the misdirect :)
  8. Axxius Augur

IMO they should have said nothing. They should have simply ignored him. Instead, they are going ahead with that server idea and using the promise of a cheater not to cheat as an argument for it. It's silly and naive.
  9. Zarakii Augur

do i see a page 9 coming?
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  10. rune00 Augur

When you have no idea what you are talking about you should just keep quiet cause it only make you look silly and naive...

Dbg already had plans for the no box server and would have pushed forward with those plans no matter what any third party dev would have or would not have done.
    Bottom line is, you use m q on the no box server you will be auto banned.
    For them it's just an added bonus that at least one of the people in the world (and those respecting his wishes) who COULD bypass their detection, won't.

I'm 100% sure they where prepared and committed to detect and ban m q users with or without the help of an outsider, it just so happened that they where offered this help, and it would have been stupid to ignore it and risk a cat and mouse game instead.

Anyway I'm glad dbg has reasonable and smart people in charge now.
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Yeah with what has been going on so far and with the deal on the new TLP server I can see how you would think that.
  12. Vlorg Augur

GINA wouldn't be so widely used if the UI/chat system in EQ actually allowed one to notice/manage emotes... Aka, all of them going in one specific filter, and not spread across 2-3 different one and get lost in the spam. All of them zonewide... because you arn't always within 20 feet of the NPC to see said emote...

Some trash in raid would be fine... but going back to the VP-NToV-VT days of hours of trash? no. never. that's an era long behind us. Raid are now a skill/coordination check and no longer a patience check.
  13. Triconix Augur

Because the fact that he now isn't in Triality is a pretty clear indicator that Triality doesn't exist?? It's pretty rare for one of the most well known members of a guild to just up and leave without having a d**n good reason. Triality was a top 3-5 guild for a very long time. It's not really much of a big deal moving from 3 to 1. But if that 3 were to disband then there is a fairly good reason. I figured that was a pretty clear path of logic. I guess not.

And your post would need to be editted because for 6 weeks they still rank as a top 5 guild for current content. It's like being the defending national champions. You are considered that until you are officially eliminated. Since there is no new content, their status remains. It's pretty simple, really.

The San Francisco Giants were definitely not the best team all year, but they were still considered the defending national champions until they were officially eliminated. They can't defend that title anymore so you can't call them that. You have no way to prove that MS isn't a top 5 guild currently because there aren't new events.
  14. Brogett Augur

They sent a huge wide open message to the entire EQ community... >THIS< server is for people who don't cheat. The other servers? Well apparently we don't care.

Maybe that wasn't their intention, but it sure looks that way and will be interpreted that way by many. Big big mistake.
    Frenzic, Iila, Elricvonclief and 3 others like this.
  15. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I agree completely with this statement. The one thing I know for sure Daybreak spends zero money on having a public relations person vet their statements. Its one dumb mistake after another.
    Motherlee likes this.
  16. Motherlee Augur

Why you gotta' be like that? WTG. ><

IBTL
  17. Zarakii Augur

i really dont give a anymore
  18. Fooba Augur

It's a shame SOE nerfed PoW and gave strats in the patch notes so soon after our second kill. Having tanked Vallon with Rune on the first kill and then having tanked him from 100% to 1% on the second kill before the nerf, IMO this win was one of the greatest accomplishments in the history of EQ (even more than the zerg Sleeper kill), but unfortunately only about 54 people will ever truly know how hard it was. We did not beta PoW, and it involved some uncommon strats such as certain classes having to duel. MS, the number 2 guild at the time who did beta test it, wasn't even attempting it. Dzarn said something to the effect of the purpose of PoW was that it wasn't meant to be beaten, it was meant to cause tears. And then we beat it 2 weeks later.
  19. Elricvonclief Augur

I wonder if they left this thread open to see who posts in it....

./dons tinfoil hat! :eek:
    Metanis, Whulfgar and Silv like this.
  20. Silv Augur

Does this post actually have any relevant point aside from pandering to your own guild ranking? Yeah, didn't think so. :rolleyes:

Duh. That's what they do everytime there is a post about sploits (/wave Haze) or cheating. Gather up as much intel as possible, then lock.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.