Final Confrontation raid in Field of Scale

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hostile Meat Wizard, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Hostile Meat Wizard Elder

So I'm interested in running the "normal" (54 person) version of this raid with a group, but it seems that the only version of the raid we can request is the "hard" (36 person) version. We can beat that one easily enough, but it's not dropping the loot we're looking for.

How do you request the normal version? Do you need to have an actual raid with more than 36 people to be able to request that one? Thanks for any help.
  2. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Did you hit No to the 36 man prompt? A lot of those will assign you either dz based on your response, yes being the hard mode, no being the regular.
  3. Hostile Meat Wizard Elder

Hrmm, that's a good question. I'm not actually flagged to request the raid so I can't check it myself -- someone else is doing the requesting. I'll have to check and make sure they're not doing that. Thanks.
  4. Naugrin Augur

Yeah if you decline the hard mode, it should give you the normal version.
  5. NotRumzlug Lorekeeper

Are you actually able to start the raid with only 6 people? or do you have more? Every time I've tried it with six people I couldn't figure out how to start it=p If you are doing it with 6 how did you start the event?
  6. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I've duoed it with a druid, and we had to have 6 in the group and in the task. That particular one is a task window thing, so using offline people won't work, and mercs won't work at all.
    Motherlee likes this.
  7. Kongfoo Elder

Do you have someone who has done the previous 2 raids and the tasks before those that are needed to request?
    I 2 boxed this recently and I used 4 offline chars when i requested it. Just because a raid goes to the task window doesn't mean it can't be requested with offline chars. DoN raids for example. All of those go to the task window and offline chars can be used.
  8. NotRumzlug Lorekeeper

Yes, I've been in the instance before with 6 characters. The event acted like it was going to start all the mobs wandered to the dragons but were non aggro. What am I doing wrong?
  9. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

When we did it, we had someone that dropped the task partway thru - and it booted us. After that, we just made sure that we had 6 people. I never tested that one with offline people, now that I think about it. A friend and I used to box Yar'Lir by using offline folks to open the raid tho, so I know what you mean there.
  10. SpamFactory Augur

I remember soloing this raid dozens of times back when it was current content. you could hold agro on one iksar npc and carefully run it close to (but out of melee range) of dragon faction npcs and train them onto each wave. took a lot of skill since you had to build up a new train each wave. easily one of the most fun experiences I ever had in EQ.

they nerfed that method a while ago but Im sure the raid is easy in today's gear and levels anyways
  11. Hostile Meat Wizard Elder

Thanks for the advice, guys. That did the trick and I got the loot I was looking for on the first "normal" raid we completed.

You do need 6 people in your group but some of them can be offline. We did it with 3 people in zone and 3 offline and it worked just fine.
    Mayfaire and Motherlee like this.