Expansion Livestream: Thurs, Oct 1 @ 3PM PDT

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Tyraxor Augur

So those who donate money for Eq in blind faith have a better reason / excuse to do so.
    It surely isn't the same game anymore huh, welcome to the new age of internet money milking.
    Santonin likes this.
  2. Wizdons Augur

i think this might be a big steps to the "pay to win" era of EQ... I have to say i am a little shocked that anything you have to pay for would give a leg up.. I would have to hope that in game options to this will be presented at some point?
  3. Kinadorm Augur

Are these advantages eventually available for everyone through questing or items or is this a permanent advantage with no way to replicate without buying the Collector's Edition? I can understand giving CE buyers a shortcut to these effects for spending more money but they sound like powerful enough benefits that they should also be available via gameplay.
  4. Kinadorm Augur

Really the merc and shroud should be included in all editions if there are any zones/mobs designed around using them. Give the CE an extra merc skin and different shroud look or some other cosmetic things. Straight gameplay advantages shouldn't be sold.
    Abrax likes this.
  5. Vetplayer Elder

You mentioned in the Live Stream, "moving to a different building".
    I was just curious.. what was wrong with the older building?
    Wouldn't it be cheaper to stay in the older building.. since it is probably paid off by now?

Moving cost a lot of money.
  6. Vetplayer Elder

Provarmonk,
    "How about an epic 3.0! "

Sorry you must have missed it, they spoke about epics in the Livestream.
  7. Vetplayer Elder

RangerDanger#1Lorekeeper

JChan said:
    “One thing to note, the new expansion does not include any of the ITEMS that came with The Darkened Sea. https://www.everquest.com/news/the-darkened-sea-expansion-bonus-items
    Bro, for $140 you could include the parrot whistle at least. The cost as proposed so far for a digital download seems excessively high.

------

For $140! ...I could buy a tablet.. A nice used Cell phone.. PC upgrade...or

Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  8. Riou EQResource

Right now I believe they are in 2 or 3 buildings, they are moving to 1 so they are closer together. Like right now I think if Roshen wants to talk face to face with the Devs he has to leave the building and go to the main one that Devs are in. New one he should be probably on the same floor and that.
  9. fortuneteller Augur

I have to agree on that.

Also, I seem to recall Roshen doing a post about they had pulled an item back from markedsplace, because there were a benefit from it. And people should not be able to buy that.

Anyone recall a link to that post ?
  10. Vetplayer Elder

Riou,
    "Right now I believe they are in 2 or 3 buildings, they are moving to 1 so they are closer together. Like right now I think if Roshen wants to talk face to face with the Devs he has to leave the building and go to the main one that Devs are in. New one he should be probably on the same floor and that. "

Oh! I had no idea. Thank you !
    Hopefully they will have an area to

MEDITATE

meee aahhhh hhhhuuuummmm bbbbbaaaaa gaaaaabbbbbbaaaa!
  11. segap Augur

The other question is whether or not this gives groups with mercs an advantage over full 6 person groups. And will these enhanced mercs be made to appease the plat sink crowd and cost a fortune to keep up, potentially driving krono sales for the more typical plat challenged players.
  12. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

This is what I think it is, the CE and PE buyers get these items and mercs which give them an advantage right out the gate, similar to how previous Pre-order and CE items would give faction advantages. Initially, it would help those who got them, but as a person progressed normally through the expansion they would become worthless because eventually players will have nullified the benefits via the progression in the zones and expansion.

I think they might give a short term benefit, but after people have done the progression I am betting that the benefit will be nullified. With the changes they have made to clickies recently I bet that ends up happening is that as we progress we get progression AAs which include an aura type ability which these merc skins start out having. More of the issue that I have with it is that it means I will have to replace my mercs, whose skins I like as they are, with the new merc skins.
  13. Blankslate Elder

This is what I think: The moon is made of cheese!
  14. Stumphobbler Elder

They said on the live stream that they will not be doing Epic 3.0's at all or upscale the quests/weapons
  15. Apoc Augur

Pay to win eq?
  16. Wizdons Augur

Does an epic quest have to be unique to each class? Meaning could not all classes have the same quest line which results in a new Epic weapon? Something as simple as tieing into completion of the expansion achievements?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  17. Pani Augur

I didn't get a chance to watch the whole Twitch feed, and wanted to go back and see it again. When I go to the link here it goes to Everquestlive/profile. No past broadcasts are listed, I can't find where the feed is. Can anyone tell me where to find it?
  18. CrazyLarth Augur

try the two links on this thread.
    http://eqresource.com/board/index.php?topic=123375.0
  19. toddv New Member

the twitter one will be blank, and the youtube said it was private when I tried it this morning
  20. Riou EQResource

Ouch, it does look like they took them down.