3rd party programs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zarakii, Oct 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zarakii Augur

they mentioned m q 2 in the live stream talking to the devs of it and the upcoming no box no bot server. my question is how do they REALLY feel about this subject having bluntly talked about it on a live stream to almost a thousand people
  2. Axxius Augur

I was shocked to hear a dev talk about that piece of crap on a live stream. And it sounded like they were considering or actually working together with the people responsible for ruining our game for over a decade.

Is there something going on that we are not being told about? A drastic U-turn in the rules? The EULA still says it's a NoNo.

Can we get a clarification from Daybreak?
  3. Zarakii Augur

ty for bumping the topic i would love to hear from a dev on this as well but it keeps getting lost on other threads
  4. Silv Augur

If you keep up with every source out there you would know [esp. if you keep up with the TLP forums] that the devs of just about every 3rd party EQ software have said they would disable their stuff for an official EQ 'no-box no-bot' server. It was hardly a negotiation between DBG and the spl0it squad but rather a few people decided to be nice. From a publicity standpoint Holly did the best damage control she could. Based on what I inferred there were no changes to the rules, rather certain anti-rule people would respect DBG's effort.

ps. There are public tweets, links in TLP, etc. from people who are in charge of such 'illegal' or debatable 'illegal' software basically confirming all of this. It wasn't really secret knowledge... she just twisted it to make it look like DBG did the work to abolish the cheating.
  5. Zarakii Augur

idk im in a pretty foul mood after the live stream remember elidroth said fair is a concept he just really doesnt care about
    Xeladom and Warpeace like this.
  6. Axxius Augur

I hope Holly is not so naive as to trust those people. It will only work until somebody gets caught using a special/custom/private build that works on that server.
    Zarakii, Silv and Iila like this.
  7. shadowgod Augur

Because fair is an illusion life is not fair video games are not fair. Fair can never be accomplished you do your best to do what you think is best for the game and that is what they do.
    Synisca, moogs, PrathunEQ and 6 others like this.
  8. Zarakii Augur

only reason i still play is for competition and when you know for a fact a dev doesnt care about how fair competition is it makes people like me really wonder about this game anymore
  9. shadowgod Augur

No offense but your FV guild aint competition to ROI you can beta every raid and they will still steam roll you guys.
    Voxynn and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  10. mackal Augur

At least one of the paid sources for the third party program you can't say agreed not to get around the roadblocks that will be added to prevent one from joining the no box server. (most people use a paid source since they're not smart enough to build the program themselves)
  11. Zarakii Augur

you sure about that? were beating tds+war in 2 and a half hours on monday... everyone says how great roi is because there always in the spot light but that kind of thinking is just to say nobody in eq is as good as a guild that sees hears and knows about content before its released

its that kind of thinking right there that irritates me so much raids are all based around what roi can do because the devs never give others a chance to show there not the only players capable of doing it
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  12. shadowgod Augur

Plenty of other guilds did beta raids for TDS not just ROI.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  13. Zarakii Augur

thats why i wasnt going to even mention roi until you said something then i got upset because roi is NOT the only exceptional guild around
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  14. Silv Augur

pretty sure you got troll-baited by 'Newmember_0009999'.
  15. Zarakii Augur

probably just irritated atm
  16. Motherlee Augur

There is no such thing as a level playing field. It's silly to pretend you can create one.
  17. Bigstomp Augur

All guilds that compete fairly maintain a level playing field. We didn't finish first last expansion, but I have no doubts the guilds that finished above us played fair. Alot of it comes down to trust (and some of that is based on the threat of higher powers removing people) - I'm fairly sure the guilds near the top are playing fair.
  18. Bigstomp Augur

Really, most of us have invested ALOT of time in our toons and the game. We have too much to lose not to play fair.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  19. Leex Pewpewer

I think he was just being real. Look, the high end guilds put a lot more time into beta then probably a lot of other guilds. Yes, that's because they get time with the devs, for the most part..You are upset that he doesn't let lower tier guilds test the content the way he does with the higher tier, but his reasoning is sound..How can you test something for 54 players when they can only bring out 20?

The devs understand that the people who finish the expansion first, and shortly after, probably contain players with a higher avg skill level, meaning if they want their content to be "hard" but not unbeatable they'd use those with more skills to tune it to.

Do you want a group of 20 random players in a guild to be the deciding factor on how hard an event is or isn't? Everything would be trolled through in less then a week in that case..Or would you rather them use people who KNOW what they are doing and have proven it?

As for 3rd Party Software, I know the TLP allow their members to use that crap, but not on live. Any guild I've been in has kicked their players if it can be proven they are using it.

From Township Rebellion to Inverse Logic to Triton, that policy never changes..So I'd assume it's the same for all the other high end guilds. We all play hard, we don't like cheaters.
    Elricvonclief and Motherlee like this.
  20. Zarakii Augur

forgive me i forgot this exist after i hit my bowl a few times earlier

my main gripe here is the same guilds getting in because other guilds people consider low/mid tier wont do it justice and those low/mid tier guilds will never get a chance regardless of how well they perform.

Over the years many top notch guilds have sprung forth in this ever so changing game but its always the same ones you hear about because its always the same ones getting attention it does not mean they are any worse at what they do its just they are never given the chance to show what they can do.

All i would like to see is for these new guilds to have a chance at showing what they are made of

Maybe its just me that has the insane drive for competition these days seems most people roll over and let it go but i have never been that type nor do i plan to ever become that type so yeah ill fight tooth and nail to prove im competitive with ALL the flashy names everyone knows of isnt that what gaming is about?

And at the end of the day when i find people better then me i learn and grow from that im not above learning nor do i ever plan to act like i am i just play to be competitive
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.