Test Update 09/24/15

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Hludwolf, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Lighteningrod Augur

Lag is terrible on Vox since the 2nd patch.
  2. mackal Augur

Using what Dzarn posted and looking at a few items:
    1h primary = (max(level, damage) * min(50, delay) * 80) / 400000
    2h = (max(level, damage) * min(50, delay) * 110) / 400000
  3. Simone Augur

Is that written right? I'm having a bit of trouble following it.
  4. Quirog Elder

Brother Island - Attacking an eyepecker sqawker - Using either Anticipated Shots or Focused Rain of Arrows, one of the 4 damage lines hit me for 1215 points instead of the biird.
  5. mackal Augur

Yes, you take the larger of your level and the damage on the weapon (including augs, so the same damage value the window says) multiplied by the smaller of 50 and the weapons delay multiplied by your level multiplied by 80 and divide all that by 400000.
  6. Brudal Augur

The description on Ancestral Aid needs review
    Dzarn likes this.
  7. Simone Augur

Yeah I figured it out later. I got confused when you used max and min when it seems like you should have used larger and smaller.
  8. mackal Augur

Max and min are what most programming languages call them. The maximum of the two and the minimum of the two.

I also made a typo and forgot an extra level (which I didn't in my English explanation) so ...
    1h: (max(level, damage) * min(50, delay) * level * 80) / 400000
    2h: (max(level, damage) * min(50, delay) * level * 110) / 400000
  9. Simone Augur

I see. I think most math text books would have used greater or lesser which is why I was confused lol. Anyway don't worry about the typo. You're hardly the only one to make such a mistake in these threads about formulas.

That was in reference to the old damage bonus tables: http://lucy.allakhazam.com/dmgbonus.html?setcookie=1

As you can see there is a pretty significant error there. The second part of those equations should be level / 5 not level - 30 / 5.... So yeah don't feel too bad.
  10. mackal Augur

Hmm... that doesn't help out where the older clients display such a higher DB for 2h ... I wonder if Dzarn would comment on that, it was like 19 off for me ><
  11. Motherlee Augur

Hey, who ate the Test server?