Test Update 09/24/15

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Hludwolf, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Hludwolf Developer

September 24, 2015

*** Items ***

- Adjusted the weapon damage bonus formula to scale more gracefully for low damage weapons. This should result in damage bonus values that are more in line with the old formula for older items.

*** Spells ***

- Fixed a bug that caused spells with a recourse component to cause triggered spells to hit the caster rather than the caster's target. This is most notable in the case where the wizard claw line of spells would cause effects such as Pyromancy to harm the wizard rather than the wizard's target.
    - Bard - Corrected an issue with a number of spells that were not behaving as intended. A notable example of the fix is that Selo's Kick will once again be usable while under the effects of Frenzied Kicks.

*** AA ***

- Beastlord - Made rank 2 of Shrink available to Beastlords.
    - Cleric - Bestow Divine Aura has been renamed Bestow Divine Aura Azia and Cascading Divine Aura has been renamed Bestow Divine Aura Beza to simplify the categorization of the abilities.
    - Cleric - Adjusted ranks 10-12 of Ward of Purity so that these abilities provide an improvement over rank 9.
    - Shaman - Restored the missing rank 2 of Shrink.
    - Warrior - Quickened Howl of the Warlord has been fixed to correctly apply its spell haste to all ranks of Howl of the Warlord.
    - Warrior - Ranks 2 and 3 of Merciless Blade have been fixed to function on 2-handed slashing weapons. Previously it would only function on 2-handed blunt and 2-handed piercing weapons. Renamed this ability to Merciless Grip to better reflect its ability to increase the damage of all 2-handed weapon types and updated the description.
    - Warrior - Corrected a bug with Combatant's Pact that prevented it from having any effect and updated its description. It will now increase the amount of health healed by promised heal triggers.
    - Warrior - Updated Hastened Unbroken Attention to also function on the level 102 skill Unflinching Attention.
    - Wizard - Changed the way Frenzied and Sustained Devastation consume limited use charges. Charges will now be consumed based on the number of spells cast and not the number of targets hit. This corrects an issue where spells that hit multiple targets would consume as many charges as there were targets hit by the single spell.
    - Wizard - Spells that meet the Frenzied and Sustained Devastation focus criteria that are triggered from twincast or from spell triggers (such as the second spell from Ethereal Weave) will consume a limited use charge.
    - Wizard - Removed the mana preservation suppression component from all ranks of Frenzied Devastation and Sustained Devastation.

*** Progression Servers ***

- Items introduced with the 2003 revamp of Veeshan's Peak will no longer drop on Progression Servers until Legacy of Ykesha has unlocked.

- The EverQuest Team
  2. Axxius Augur

Hallelujah!
    Silv likes this.
  3. kizant Augur

Was just on test to verify some of the wiz changes using test dummies.

1. The Aug/spell procs hitting the caster looks fixed to me.
    2. FD seems to use a little less mana per cast and gom also works now while using it.
    3. The twincast bug seems fixed. Both claws and insta nukes are twincasting as well.
    4. FD and SD counters are working. Note that while twincasting or fuse gets two casts it does use 2 counters each time.

Definitely better.
  4. Axxius Augur

Wasn't Weave/Fuse specifically fixed to use only 1 charge at some point? And now it consumes 2 again?

And does this also mean that Wildflash Barrage consumes 2 charges per cast now? Can somebody check quickly? (sorry, I can't right now)
  5. mackal Augur

Whats the new new formulas?
  6. kizant Augur

Just tried Wildflash Barrage and yeah it's consuming 2 per cast now.
  7. Axxius Augur

Great. :( Not that this spell line was particularly useful after the quad-cast nerf, but now it's plain detrimental to the user.

Fix please! And in the same fix you can probably also restore Ethereal Weave/Fuse to consume only 1 charge per cast while both spells are affected by FD/SD. All spells that auto-cast another spell (not just WIZ) were protected from consuming 2 Twincast charges. I don't see why they should behave differently with FD/SD charges.
  8. Ghubuk Augur

Any chance with change to sk vot and now needing to use lifetap to get the hate value that vot used to give that the cast time can be lowered? With pally heals being 0.3 sec cast, it would seem to make sense that sk lifetaps be same cast time. It is very difficult to get the cast off when being beat on with a 1.5 sec cast time without being interrupted.
    Xeladom likes this.
  9. Lawyer Augur

Will you kindly un-ruin the game for non-boxing/non-botting Mages on TLP?
  10. ddraigoch Journeyman

I failed to read anything in the patch notes about removing the SK FD AA. It's an insta-cast and doesnt get interrupted like the spells or skills do. I also looked through all the remaining and changed AAs in case the name was changed, but didn't find it.

Is the SK FD going to be put back in, or do we have to resort to unreliable spells and skills?
  11. Ghubuk Augur

- - Shadowknight - Improved Death Peace is now rank 3 of Death Peace
  12. Kolani Augur

Mobs in Neriak Heroic Adventures are still lull, mez, calm and runspeed immune. Don't lie to us about changes that weren't made in the future.
    Silv likes this.
  13. Simone Augur

Not even close. Now the weapons have gone to the other extreme with most of them having damage bonuses much higher than they should be.

You really ought to do a fix that preserves classic formula that existed for 16 1/2 years on the TLP servers since making changes to the damage bonus tables greatly affects how good certain weapons are compared to others which means weapons that used to be really good aren't so much anymore and weapons that were not so good are now much better. Also faster weapons have become mostly obsolete under new system that really changes a huge part of the nostalgia of old EQ.

Why not simply have it so that the new damage bonus tables are tied to a certain era? Maybe you can make it a passive AA that is autogranted at the appropriate level.

Having entirely new damage bonus tables really aren't something that was expected or desired on the Time-Locked Progression servers and will have lots of unintended consequences as they really aren't compatible with old world itemization.
  14. Croak Augur

There weren't huge objections to the passive melee DPS increase

What this really does is increase hate generation more than DPS (other than on the non-classic buffed raid mobs), which is probably overdue especially at the lower end. There wasn't a huge increase in melee hate generation when caster DPS was increased.
    I don't think relative value of gear is important... the better items are still going to be the ones harder to obtain.

The adjustment isn't just for progression servers, and we also have to be mindful of other level ranges.

Custom code just for TLPs is bad
    Silv likes this.
  15. Bamkan Augur

Kedge counterblow.
    3 water elementals are spawning on each wave. I have previously reported that 2 have spawned each wave, I did this mission yesterday and only got 1 per wave, so thought it was fixed. I did it again 2day after the patch and 3 spawned per wave for a total of 18 mobs (there is a 6th extra wave that spawns, tho i think this is to give some a little leeway in case one of the other 5 mobs did not get kill credit).

I could not complete the task due to it.

Defend yourself from the elementals 0/5 (Combine Dredge)

Kill five elementals (here, you'll get one spawn every 60 seconds). These mobs are mezzable.
  16. Axxius Augur

This bug has been there forever, not related to the recent changes. You are 3-boxing it, aren't you? The script that triggers the spawn fires for each character entering the aura within the first second or two.

To prevent this from happening, leave your boxes well outside the aura and approach it with 1 char. Alternatively, with a well-organized group you can achieve 6x spawns. :D
    Bamkan likes this.
  17. Cenadwen New Member

I didn't see in any of the patch notes that they retuned the enchanter pacification line. The lvl 97 Quiescent Mind was retuned from max lvl 102 or 103 to lvl 100 max. I didn't notice the pacify not land in my normal hunting grounds until I ended up pulling half the zone by accident.
  18. mackal Augur

Lucy and EQ Resource says the spell hasn't changed since it was introduced.
  19. Cenadwen New Member

Yeah, I noticed that too, which is why I'm a bit confused since I swear it was either 102 or 103 before.
  20. Sancus Augur

It's certainly been level 100 since CotF (when I made my Enchanter). Can't say for certain it wasn't changed prior to then, but at the very least it's been 100 for a long while.