Test Update 09/18/2015

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Hludwolf, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Torriadore Elder

The dev who is pushing the Marr's salvation change either didn't bother to look at what the ability actually does or he/she just decided it needed a good ol' nerf for god only knows why and didn't bother to offer an explanation in the notes.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  2. Schadenfreude Augur

I have had the new version of Cover Tracks fail three times in a row on Test, this is quite within the realm of mathematical possibilities for an ability that is intended to fail 10% of the time but I'd like to hope this was just bad luck. It has been changed to instant cast however.
  3. mackal Augur

I can't seem to buy rank 11 of Bold Attacks on my SHD. I have 33 AAs free, over level 90, and I have VoA but the Train button stays grayed out. Probably worth noting that I did expend a rank of it to see what that was all about. (I guess I'll try /resetaa at some point when I'm not killing things :p)

And reading through the last thread, I don't think anyone answered them, but Bold Attacks uses SPA 114 which is the same as Spell Casting Subtlety so it should mod everything.
  4. JChan Developer

Just to confirm this is happening currently on the Test Server? We haven't been able to reproduce on the Test Server today.
  5. Charris Journeyman

I am really curious about this change as I tested this vs my character on live and i was not seeing any increase in damage or max damage delt, even though i gained a total of 77 weapon damage bonus. Does this change only change the displayed damage bonus value we see, and not actually the damage we do with the increased damage bonus?
  6. mackal Augur

Yeah, assuming dzarn made a few errors in his post; looking at what the top rogs on magelo have their offhand (Tornacius) went from:

1 + [(level - 40) / 3] + [delay / 30] (I assume he meant + here not * otherwise everything would be 1?)
    1 + [(105 - 40) / 3] + [22 / 30]
    1 + [65 / 3] + 0
    1 + 21 = 22

to

(damage * delay * level * 80) / 400000
    (147 * 22 * 105 * 80) / 400000
    27165600 / 400000 = 67

Then assuming Dzarn meant [Primary Hand Formula * Base1 of Sinister Strike SPA] / 100
    67 * 20 / 100 = 13.

So 22 to 13, that's a downgrade :(. Unless Dzarn did mean no / 100 then it's 260 DB.
  7. Dzarn Developer

The assumption is incorrect, the existing Sinister Strikes formula resulted in a damage bonus of 0 for every weapon faster than 30.

The example of Tornacius in the offhand with Sinister Strikes at 20% goes from offhand DB of 0 (old formula) to 13 (new formula).

What class, level, weapon and AA completion state are you testing with currently?
    Ishtass likes this.
  8. mackal Augur

Really? That seems so useless of an AA then :p
  9. Lighteningrod Augur

- - Activating an item with one of these spells grants you a passive AA ability at a rank that matches the power of the buff.
    (Activating an item with a weaker buff will not lower your passive AA ability rank.)

I'm still curious about the recommended / required levels on the items the AA originates from? Do those still apply? Does creating an AA out of a higher level effect backfill the lower level ranks? Do one still benefit from the passive AA if they delevel past a threshold from which the AA was gained ...

I'm curious what the new intended use will be?
  10. Charris Journeyman

Level 105 Rogue, Transfigerea & Tornacius
  11. Charris Journeyman

also max aa's, and max gear.

Copied my character to test so everything was identical before i ran tests.
  12. Ventrilo New Member

Have the damage bonuses been corrected? Still not looking good for TLP.
    Simone likes this.
  13. Randragon Augur

Form of Defense 21 or XXI on say an Anulia Praetoria only shows up as Item: Form of Endurance XX.
  14. Simone Augur

So if the goal is to make modern weapons damage bonus better at a rate of about 200% for 1 hand weapons and 400% for 2 hand weapons why not simple have a passive AA at like level 100 or whatever the target level is that simply increases the current damage bonus by 200% for 1 hand weapons and 400% for 2 hand weapons instead of implementing an entirely new system that scales very poorly with older weapons?

The current damage bonus changes do not scale at all appropriately for old school weapons which will negatively impact the Time-Locked Progression servers, especially the warrior class which is heavily reliant on weapon damage bonus to generate enough hate to hold aggro.

For reference I will list a number of Classic-Luclin weapons with their damage bonuses both current and what they will be under the new formulas.

Current damage bonus table for Classic era weapons at level 50:

1 handed:

Scimitar of the Ykesha: Damage Bonus of 8
    Blood Fire: Damage Bonus of 8
    Obsidian Shard: Damage Bonus of 8
    Spiroc Windblade: Damage Bonus of 8
    Mudman Enforcer: Damage Bonus of 8
    Short Sword*: Damage Bonus of 8
    Spined Dragon Claws: Damage Bonus of 8
    Short Sword of the Ykesh: Damage Bonus of 8
    Dagas: Damage Bonus of 8

2 handed:

Blackened Alloy Bastard Sword: Damage Bonus of 13
    Razing Sword of Skarlon: Damage Bonus of 14
    Argent Defender: Damage Bonus of 19
    Fangol: Damage Bonus of 13

Damage bonus for Classic era weapons using new formulas at level 50:

1 handed:

Scimitar of the Ykesha: Damage Bonus of 1
    Blood Fire: Damage Bonus of 2
    Obsidian Shard: Damage Bonus of 1
    Spiroc Windblade: Damage Bonus of 5
    Mudman Enforcer: Damage Bonus of 1
    Short Sword*: Damage Bonus of 1
    Spined Dragon Claws: Damage Bonus of 2
    Short Sword of the Ykesha: Damage Bonus of 1
    Dagas: Damage Bonus of 2

2 handed:

Blackened Alloy Bastard Sword: Damage Bonus of 12
    Razing Sword of Skarlon: Damage Bonus of 13
    Argent Defender: Damage Bonus of 22
    Fangol: Damage Bonus of 13

Current damage bonus table for Kunark, Velious, and Luclin era weapons at level 60:

1 handed:

Blade of Strategy: Damage Bonus of 11
    Blade of Carnage: Damage Bonus of 11
    Bloodfrenzy: Damage Bonus of 11
    Blasphemous Blade of the Exiled: Damage Bonus of 11
    Hategiver: Damage Bonus of 11
    Centi Longsword: Damage Bonus of 11
    Ykeshan War Club: Damage Bonus of 11
    Corrupted Shissar Warsword: Damage Bonus of 11

2 handed:

Jagged Blade of War: Damage Bonus of 34
    Argent Protector: Damage Bonus of 42
    Argent Defender: Damage Bonus of 42
    Throneblade of the Ykesha: Damage Bonus of 42
    Gaudralek, Sword of the Sky: Damage Bonus of 32
    Twisted Steel Bastard Sword: Damage Bonus of 38
    The Sword of Ssraeszha: Damage Bonus of 34
    Bloodied Berseker's Blade: Damage Bonus of 34
    Corrupted Shissar Claidhmore: Damage Bonus of 37

Damage bonus table for Kunark, Velious, and Luclin era weapons using new formulas at level 60:

1 handed:

Blade of Strategy: Damage Bonus of 4
    Blade of Carnage: Damage Bonus of 3
    Bloodfrenzy: Damage Bonus of 3
    Blasphemous Blade of the Exiled: Damage Bonus of 2
    Hategiver: Damage Bonus of 3
    Centi Longsword: Damage Bonus of 4
    Ykeshan War Club: Damage Bonus of 2
    Corrupted Shissar Warsword: Damage Bonus of 1

2 handed:

Jagged Blade of War: Damage Bonus of 24
    Argent Protector: Damage Bonus of 33
    Argent Defender: Damage Bonus of 26
    Throneblade of the Ykesha: Damage Bonus of 27
    Gaudralek, Sword of the Sky: Damage Bonus of 26
    Twisted Steel Bastard Sword: Damage Bonus of 39
    The Sword of Ssraeszha: Damage Bonus of 36
    Bloodied Berseker's Blade: Damage Bonus of 34
    Corrupted Shissar Claidhmore: Damage Bonus of 15

As you can see, with the exception of a couple of the slower two handed weapons, most old world weapons damage bonus worse under the new system than they do under the current one. In the case of 1 handed weapons they damage bonus a lot worse; to the point where they are not really usable for warriors.

The proposed damage bonus changes are absolutely inappropriate for the Time-locked Progression servers and should not be implemented there. Like I said you should make it an AA ability that simply multiplies the current damage tables at the desired level. Other options would be to have the new damage bonus tables kick in at a certain level or to have them kick in when a server enables a certain expansion.

Not making any changes to how damage bonus currently works on the Time-Locked Progression servers would be greatly appreciated by all who play there. Thanks.
  15. haswb New Member

My max hit with non weapon mainhand and tornacious offhand on live is 3394.

My max hit with non weapon mainhand and tornacious offhand on test is 3392.

I think the 2 pt difference is because my test copy was a week old and I have more heroic strength on live leading to the extra 2 pts. Definately not a 50+ difference like test is showing my off hand damage bonus to be vs live.
  16. fransisco Augur

Damage done on a swing has nothing to do with agro generation. All that matters is the base damage of the weapon and the speed you swing at (haste effects ect improve this).
  17. sojero One hit wonder

Base damage + damage bonus per swing (attempt, both hit and miss) is how melee agro is calculated. That is why swing agro has not been an issue for a very long time. That is why it is an issue on TLP. Now it may be a concern as the damage bonus is going up significantly on live, especially for zerkers discing.

As a side, I tested for SK and there is a 200 or so a hit difference from live to test.
  18. Simone Augur

It's Weapon DMG+Damage Bonus. Proposed changed to damage bonus will greatly nerf damage bonu on the Time-Locked Progression servers and therefore nerf warrior hate generation on those servers which is why it's a problem.

Currently a Scimitar of Ykesha has a damage bonus of 8 at level 50 which means that my warrior on lockjaw generates 16 hate per swing, 32 hate on a double attack and 48 hate on a triple attack. Under new formula it would have a damage bonus of 1 which means will only generate 9 hate per swing, 18 hate on a double attack and 27 hate on a triple. Seriously that's terrible for my class and will cause lots of problems all throughout the server.
  19. Arcainos Augur

I just hope that if the shortened time is intended, along with the other changes, it's met with something to help Berserkers stay competitive in the burn/burst game in the new expansion. And by competitive, I don't mean firmly at #2 or 3 behind other classes. We've been getting the shaft for so long, and just as we START to become competitive, it seems like daybreak is playing a game of "PSYCH!" with the Berserker class.
  20. JustAQuestion Elder

This change will help, but not 100%.
    Saw on TestServer some mages which send there pet in waves in (15 Pets 3 Waves a 5 Pets) so they max get Mark I.

Add some changes:
    Pets get a mark refresh on every action against the target.
    Reduce the time on Mark, if it went off and target is still alive and not tanked by a PC, just banish the pet.
    Increase the mana costs for summoning a new pet in fight x3, x5 or more if needed.

Also I would like to see a similar debuff for normal mobs, which kicks in if more then 3 main pets are attacking, its really non sense to say we do something against pet walling raid targets but pet farming with 5-40 mages is okay.
    IT'S NOT! It's an abuse of something what was never planned to be, like the bone chip quest in Kaladim, and this one you changed!