Test Update 09/18/2015

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Hludwolf, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Radamus Journeyman

After patch, all of the brothers on Brothers Island are now runspeed/root immune. Was this intended? If yes, why?
  2. Radamus Journeyman

Just noticed: I have a Form of Defense XXI (Anulia Paetoria), but the shadow AA only gives me XX, BUT I'm still getting the stat upgrade to XXI and the shadow AA shows XXI stats even though the AA is only to XX.
  3. Radamus Journeyman

Tried to edit my previous post but I don't see the option to. As for the brothers, not all are immune now. None were immune prior to patch, but now, many are. The first 4 I encountered while testing fade changes were immune so I assumed all were, but there are a few snareable/rootable brothers.
  4. buttercup Journeyman

- - Magician - Combined the AA abilities Drape of Shadows and Cloak of Shadows into a single ability line Drape of Shadows which provides a chance for the Magician to escape from combat and a guaranteed chance for their pet to escape from combat. The combined ability does not require the Magicians pet to be up for the Magician to escape from combat. Merged the Magician passive abilities Hastened Drape of Shadows and Hastened Cloak of Shadows into a single line which provides a 4.5
    minute reduction to the reuse time of the combined ability at max rank.

its super exciting that when I need to drop agro my pet will Definitely drop agro while I only have a Chance to drop agro. So he loses agro and drops the mob right in my lap. sure I love this change. haven't you already chased enough mages out of the game? keep em separate plz and ty
  5. Motherlee Augur

I still am not sure mine is set up properly!
  6. Motherlee Augur

WARNING WARNING WARNING

As of Saturday afternoon, the system is again destroying items if you type the parcel recipient's name wrong!
    Silv likes this.
  7. kizant Augur

Testing changes to Sustained Devestation. In a normal xp group using both wiz and enc robes for extra mana. I can get through around 22 counters (less than half) before I have to sit and med for a minute. Which kinda ruins the little dps gain it gives. I'm at 100.8k mana buffs. The counters aren't working either so I'm counting spells myself. Either way I wouldn't call this 'sustained'.
  8. Leex Pewpewer

Woohoo, another Magician nerf....

o_O
  9. Axxius Augur

...and Ethereal Fuse?
  10. -wycca Augur

Will this impact those of us bound in Timorous Deep at firepots?
  11. Nenton Augur

Can someone grab the spell data on the new rank 2 of DMF, please? Perfected DMF had the absurd side affect that it didn't stack with Flight of Eagles so I'm hoping that restriction didn't get carried over when combined into a single line otherwise that needs changed.

From Live:

[21763] Dead Man Floating
    Classes: NEC/254
    Skill: Abjuration
    Mana: 150
    Target: Single
    Range: 100'
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Casting: 6s, Recast: 6s, Rest: 1.5s
    Duration: 72m (720 ticks), Extendable: Yes, Dispelable: Yes
    1: Enduring Breath
    2: See Invisible
    3: Levitate
    7: Increase Poison Resist by 70
    Text: You become like the dead.

[31549] Perfected Dead Man Floating
    Classes: NEC/254
    Skill: Abjuration
    Target: Single
    Range: 100'
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Casting: 3s, Recast: 3s, Rest: 1.5s
    Duration: 16.7h (9999 ticks), Extendable: No, Dispelable: Yes
    1: Enduring Breath
    2: See Invisible
    3: Levitate
    4: Stacking: Block new spell if slot 3 is 'Levitate' and < 3
    7: Increase Poison Resist by 70
    Text: You become like the dead.
  12. wingz-83 Augur

The previous thread was locked so I wanted to ask about this:

- Paladin and Shadowknight - Added a new passive ability line, Bold Attacks, that increases the amount of hatred generated by your actions. Reduced the effective hate percentages for the activated AA abilities Voice of Thule and Marrs Salvation so that maximum hate generation is close to the same amount.

Marrs Salvation reduces hate and shouldn't increase hatred. Anyone on test able to see what was changed with Marrs. VoT seems obvious but a hate reducer I'm not sure how that works or what's changed with it specifically.
  13. Kollin Journeyman

12%....seriously?!?! The only time I really ever use it is on FV in Arx. Seems a bit pointless now.
  14. Croak Augur

You are applying the changes to fling abilities back further than CotF level characters. (I copied a lv91 SK to test server)

Surely you need to remove or relax restrictions on NPCs all the way back to SoD or at least Underfoot, and all anniversary content.
    As an example when House of Thule T4 content is in era/level appropriate, 90% of the mobs will be fling immune, and using fling abilities are popular because mob pathing is sometimes so freaky.

There are also balance issues.. if you can't pull as fast in zones with fast respawn, you might not even be able to complete the content as a group geared player. An example might be Morell's Castle at the sandcastle where I had to be constantly on my toes.

With the changes SKs will now have to use snare pulling significantly more. Is there a chance that encroaching darkness AA can have an improvement in the resist modifer?
    Could the snare duration be increased to 3 minutes? Snare is often already blinking before all mobs reset.

If a NPC can't be flung, can the hate still be applied? It is a significant amount of instant hate for SKs at the start of encounters, and hate generation is always most necessary at the start of encounters to gain some lead time.

Do you plan to fix mob pathing in historical zones?

Using fling abilities for pulling instead of say snare for an SK is very frequently because of pathing issues. If you use HA and then DE, you lose the hate from HA
    Gyurika Godofwar and Ishtass like this.
  15. Croak Augur

I can't remember the last time I extensively used any FD ability on any toon that didn't drop agro immediately. On my SKs I would just wait until Death Effigy repopped.

However Death Effigy is an upgrade from the Death Peace AA line.

Death Peace as with all versions of FD all the way back to classic monk FD has always had a chance to immediately drop agro.

Surely if Death's Effigy is used on a mob over 5+ levels it should still retain it's default percentage chance to drop agro a.k.a. if Death Peace was used?
    I haven't found an exact percentage listed somewhere... every thread was always vague but it seemed to be much higher than combat abilities like rigor mortis... maybe 25%?

In addition the changes have both benefits and detrimental effects, but the current new implementation might actually be too easy to abuse.

e.g. say you are a lv100 puller, you agro 4 lv103 mobs and 1 lv105 mob

As now implemented you would drop agro on all 5 mobs

But say you are a lv99 puller with the same mobs

You would drop agro on all but the lv105 named...

I certainly haven't got access to real formula, and I do this type of pulling very infrequently, but it always seemed to me mobs still on hate list path back to their spawn/reset point slower on average.
    That would make it much easier to split mobs to be tagged or to get up and tank it, when lower level.

Edit: btw I searched back a long way such as this alt/games/everquest thread from 1999 after a change to monk FD
    https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/alt.games.everquest/7baRdiwd3FA
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  16. Makavien Augur

You can spawn the golem by talking to the aspect of fear .
  17. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

As a matter of re-balancing the game as far as what can snare, mezz, stun that hasn't been able in cotf and tds - can we do away with mobs that run at bard speed? Dead Hills and Thuliasaur have mbs throughout that you can't even feign in the time it takes for the mobs to reach you.

These mobs move so fast, they match your run speed when snared.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  18. Arcainos Augur

Why was furious rampage shortened??

You start to make fixes to zerker DPS only to lay us out again?
  19. mackal Augur

20. Igniz Augur

Just curious - is there any other class whose fade ability has a 10% chance to critically fail? If not, please consider making both pet's fade chance and pet owner's fade chance guaranteed.

Otherwise, if you just don't want mages to use both independently, make these AAs share a timer and retain their different utilities.

Edit: Will the cast time of Drape of Shadows now be removed, as all other classes' fade abilities (Apart from Ranger's Cover Tracks) are instant as well?