Test Update 09/17/15

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Hludwolf, Sep 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zaknaffein Augur

Not sure why Warlords grasp is being messed with as this cannot be used as a pulling tool at all. Every other class that has some form of push/pull ability can actually use them to split named/mobs and single pull with thier ability, warriors cannot. This is more of a positioning tool/agro tool. Now when we use it on events we will have to deal with dragging mobs back into position (lucia) while getting summoned a few times... not fun at all.

Forceful attraction? really? Lol that ability is a small range pbae with a VERY slow gravity pull and it doesn't last too long really.. I used it on 2 events atm and it won't really make a huge difference not being able to use it but again not really sure why this is being touched as it has no impact on splitting mobs or single pulling mobs and is in no way like what other classes push/pull abilities do.

Disappointed that the warrior's two abilities got lumped in with the actuall classes abilities that can be used to pull with.

As someone who boxes 3 toons usually on raids and is each put into different groups, this will be very handy.
    Mayfaire likes this.
  2. Forcallen Augur

You are wrong for trying to compare the two abilities themselves. They are for 2 different classes with two different developments and tools. The fact that mine has fd and yours doesn't is irrelevant to what I am talking about. If I want to fd at a mobs feet I have 5 spells, 2 clickies and 1 other AA line for that purpose based on my class. This ability was for dropping aggro without having to wait that 45-60 seconds that all the others bring with them. I was comparing the changes/nerfs made to the abilities. Mine went from an intended 100% down to 90%, no other puller had theirs reduced. Yours was intended to be 85% and was boosted to 90%, the fact it was ignoring that 85% code and working 100% was a bug.
  3. Brudal Augur

Certain NPC abilities like: "1: Mitigate Melee Damage by 100%, 100000000 total" might also be considered a resist. (Ledalus Shield from 1off)
  4. Beimeith Lord of the Game

No, because the same effect exists for spells.
  5. Brogett Augur

Rog were 50sec and now 48sec - no big deal really. Ber went from 70 to 48 so they dropped significantly more, but their skill is vastly more powerful than the rog one anyway due to being 2Her so they still have the strongest AoE in game. Yes a nerf, but not to the extent of being weaker than others.

Monks indeed got a buff to damage, but their duration is still stuck at 36sec. Like ber they can (and should) use 2Her for the AE.
  6. Brogett Augur

Misleading logic. While yes there will be fewer of them, there are also fewer of everything so the absolute number is irrelevant - it's the ratios that matter. Percentage wise it *should* work out similar. (I've no idea if it does though - if not then that is something to bring to the devs.)

Of course having death by a thousand cuts does mean greater consistency. Melee have a much larger sample size for the same duration of fight so that even if our mean damage done was the same, melee would have a smaller variance. This actually turns out, due to human nature, to be a bad thing for the casters.

People ignore the times where the greater variance meant they did abnormally bad while remembering (and quoting) the times where the greater variance meant they did abnormally well. Lack of understanding statistics by the masses basically. :/
  7. Sancus Augur

Why was Frenzied Burnout stealth nerfed?

Pets already perform exceptionally poorly in TDS relative to their DPS in CotF, and this seems like a move in the wrong direction. The logic in changing this after 6 years of FBO having a 30% v3 Haste increase escapes me.
    Ibadan Kun'Tirel, Mintalie and Silv like this.
  8. Mayfaire Augur

I have been thinking the exact same thing. Warlord's Grasp is a positioning tool, not a "pulling" tool in the classic sense.
  9. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

This. They are going crazy with the nerf bats lately. I don't understand it and it's certainly not a way to get us to spend money.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Sancus like this.
  10. Qulas Augur

My apologies, they did not however nerf the effectiveness of ae attack, they just changed all 3 of the abilities to have the same timer now. And monk AE attack will also work like rogue and berserker have been working now also.
  11. Qulas Augur

V3 haste (overhaste) is capped at 25%, so having more than 25% effectively doesn't do anything.
    Dzarn and Sancus like this.
  12. sojero One hit wonder

Yep and glad to see monks get the boost, they needed it :) just wish zerkers didn't take it on this one, the 22 seconds makes a huge difference for our burst and sustained, it will drop much faster now. BUT that may give us a reason to get a sustain disc in the next expansion...hey spell dev :)
    Brogett likes this.
  13. Sn00ps Journeyman

Hello please fix the broken golem in plane of fear for the wizard epic.
  14. Kezik Lorekeeper

This does seem a little extreme
  15. Brudal Augur

the total haste cap is 225%, there were bard song that gave 30% v3 and desperation use to give up to 30 at low health. Possibly something to do with not hitting 225 without chanter haste?
  16. Qulas Augur

And if you'll notice every variation of that overhaste song after they gave the one song 30% was changed to 25% since 30% does the same as 25%
  17. Kezik Lorekeeper

This has to just be an oversight,and should be corrected
  18. Sancus Augur

You're right, my bad :oops:... Was under the impression 30% was the max
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  19. Dzarn Developer

SPA 119 has always been capped at 25% in the code, values above 25 never did anything more than provide 25% haste. I think there may have been several other spells where values >25 were changed to reflect their actual performance.
    Silv, Sancus and sojero like this.
  20. mackal Augur

And 10 if you're below level 51. And item haste is capped at 10 if you're below level 26. And v2 haste from spells is capped at 10 if you're 50 or above and capped at 0 if you're below 50 (Melody of Ervaj). And then different caps for the normal hastes depending on level. I think that's all?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.