Test Update 09/17/15

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Hludwolf, Sep 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wizdons Augur

Yes this ability is sort of usless as a fade now for a warrior. You have to train crap just to even hope to get this spell off before mobs are in range again. Just yesterday i went LD on my warrior and did not come back for some time. So when i reloaded the warrior i was ambushed by mobs and i use Howl to just get into the game. Now you cant even use it for that anymore. Many zones you cant get away from mobs to even use this ability..
  2. Wizdons Augur

I had a feeling that you could do this LOL. if it goes through like this pulling with a bard will be much easier.
  3. strongbus Augur

I know this. I was asking why they changed necro fd/fade aa form a 100% change to go off to a 90% and a max of 108 mobs. necros have been pulling stuff for groups for years.(I do all the time in guild/friends groups). Just makes no sense for a sk to have a full 100% to work with level 110 mobs while necros only get 90% to work with only 108 mobs. its the same aa lol.
  4. Forcallen Augur

While I disagree with these changes entirely. They should be making the mobs harder to pull not nerfing player abilities. By flagging mobs as not able to be flung, by making them work like the mobs in Argin Hiz-immune to runspeed/lull/mezz/charm, by linking the mobs to each other in clusters, by making the mobs cast detrimental stuff that actually lands like the undead in cooling chambers did when it was current. They rooted, dotted and snared raid geared players with ease making them a very challenging place to pull. Our issue is them stripping our pulling tools more than most because 16 years later a tiny dev teams seems to think necros are not a pulling class despite our history and toolsets contradicting that fact.

Meaning we should have kept our 100% fade like the other pulling classes kept their 100% fade and it should be capped to level 110 mobs like the other pulling classes are capped at level 110 mobs. If they must go through with these changes at all.
    ---Xislaben--- and Utaerx like this.
  5. Rcalielie Elder

Geomantra Clickie doesnt put a buff on you like the others do on test... not sure if this is one that they need to put on the list of buffs. Is there a way to add also the Spinecoat click off of the Violet Conch of the Tempest?
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. Lighteningrod Augur

I hope not.
  7. Mintalie Augur

Isn't this the same as Ruabbri's Fist only with better stats? Considering how difficult it was to get (both the cheeve you have to unlock and the buttload of raid currency that it cost), I think it only fair that this one be made into an AA as well...
  8. Silv Augur

Are you talking about the passive AA buff?

I don't think they can/would add Geomantra. Personally, I'd consider it an "active" buff since it fades from taking damage - it should almost never last it's full duration wheres the others would always last forever, save getting dispelled. It also has a long re-use timer. IE. They intentionally wanted it so you couldn't keep it up 24/7.

I think asking for a duration increase would be appropriate but again, I don't really see this as being a good choice for the clicky revamps.

My 2 cp.
  9. sojero One hit wonder

Just a couple things I have been thinking about:

Warriors just got a huge boost to their agro, bold attacks went from 6% to 50%. While SK/Pal got their abilities reduced to put in bold attacks for them. Good for wars, makes it a bit easier, we may need to look at sk/pal agro generation after this, will reserve that until I can test with a full group.

Agro for melee just shot through the roof because swing agro is dmg+dmg bonus each swing hit or miss.

Looks like mana, endo, agro, and pulling are becoming increasingly important, not a bad thing, but will slow the game back down a good bit I think, something I don''t personally care for, I enjoy the faster pace.
  10. fortuneteller Augur

A much more acceptable change would have been to make all future expansion mobs that way. So fling/fade would not be worlkable on those.

And explanation would be that they have got information about the abilties of those.

But also change named mobs in TDS to work like that too. Give all the named mobs a flag like it.

If that is not happening, then remember to change the TDS raids, example Off 2, where you need a tank switch, or you get a fail emote.
  11. Jaerlyn Augur

It feels to me like someone forgot that the Paladin "Voice of Thule" compliment spell (Marr's Salvation) doesn't INCREASE aggro. It's cast on -one- player to REDUCE that player's aggro. And rarely cast on a tank. Any tank trying to hold aggro vs other tanks not actively tying to take it.. is going to keep it. It's to help a DPS or two that you want to be able to unload a little safer.
  12. Schadenfreude Augur

It has been on Test.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Mintalie like this.
  13. Koryu Professional Roadkill

25%, Sojero. I am unsure if this modifies every aggro generating action or if it only modifies the aggro added by melee combat (i.e. autoattacks).
  14. Ruven_BB Augur

So with the new damage modifiers, will rangers do more damage with bosque disc running using current weapons, or cotf piercers and classic off handers?

Ruven
  15. Schadenfreude Augur

Other classes did not keep their "100% fade". Cover Tracks is now very fallible indeed and we're not harmlessly FD-ed the the foot of the mob when it fails either.
  16. Schadenfreude Augur

I'll be really sad if they made faster weapons even better than they already are.
  17. sojero One hit wonder

Do wars not get as many ranks then? I am curious, will have to test copy mine and compare because there wasn't any deviation that I saw between the sk/pal version and war version in the test patch on eqresource. It effects all abilities that wars have, same as sk/pal one effects all their stuff as well, unless there is a deviation there as well, that I cannot see in the test patch info.
  18. sojero One hit wonder

When testing the sk dmg bonus it looks like it adds it to the end, so faster would still be better unless there was an absolute huge difference, which I don't think there is.

the sk 2h went up per hit by the amount that was added to damage bonus from live to test. I tested min and max hits to see the diff.I believe all the other classes will be the same, but your agro is gonna go through the roof!
  19. Forcallen Augur

I'll put this right here for you just in case you didn't know.

Rank 3
    [21656/21654] Cover Tracks
    Classes: RNG/254
    Skill: Melee
    Mana: 900
    Target: Self
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Casting: 0.5s, Rest: 1.5s
    1: Cancel Aggro (85% Chance) <-- This was bugged for you and not working as intended and firing at 100% ignoring its setting,it was fixed. It was actually boosted up to 90% from what I hear up from the 85%.

[21805] Death's Effigy
    Classes: SHD/254 NEC/254
    Skill: Abjuration
    Target: Self
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Casting: 0s
    1: Feign Death
    2: Cancel Aggro (100% Chance) <-- This was working as intended. Its being nerfed for no apparent reason down to 90% for necros.
    Text: Your body is cold to the touch.

See the difference?
  20. Brudal Augur

30 delay 2 hander went from 88 bonus damage on live to 280 on test, 1 handers will get a smaller boost but will be applied equally to the offhand; the effect of faster weapons on damage bonus reduces the innate damage bonus of the weapon but will not impact the ~6000 of points of additional bonus damage per each swing via the disc.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.