September Patch Preview

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Aristo, Sep 15, 2015.

1. sojero One hit wonder

Yep I did miss that part I misread and thought it meant the invis part as well. Sad sad times.

Can a dev please talk about this part as not many of us are going to be able to get a raid force on test to test this out.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Rcalielie Elder

So since the fade and fling is going to get nerfed, this to me is bad news for a bard and trying to split. I know there are some TDS zones that just about everything is immuned to lull and mez, so why not make it that these mobs are not as immuned to these effects as they are now? Put some % that the mob may resist it, but not all the time. I can foresee alot of trains in my future with this patch.
    Yubestarrin and Motherlee like this.
  3. sojero One hit wonder

Bards are effected the least I think out of all this because of the immense amount of tools that they have at their disposal. There are 10 other ways for bards to split and they have the ability to get out of the 30 ft range faster and easier than anyone else.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Zarakii Augur

i blame TLP its gonna be KC all over again =P
  5. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Did I miss them saying they were disabling the Echo line or something? Last I checked it was still a pretty effective pulling tool, albeit a bit of an endurance hog.
  6. Raynrace Augur

Right, so if its read correctly, the fade fails and the agro remains very high on raid mobs. DPS classes now get agro and smoked or DPS has to drop considerably along with the endurance problem certain melee classes have always had.

Option: Make something like Paragon regen as much endurance as mana.

Another option: Silent casting, make it more effective for casters and give melee a similar aa "Shadow Strikes" or something of that nature.

Yeah, I really dont think this was thought through very well. The implications are very large and across the board.
  7. Zarakii Augur

Echo already doesnt work past 108 mobs so anything higher then combine is no go for echo
  8. sojero One hit wonder

Just had an interesting idea, since they were unable to do the rest/breather change before, this is another way of doing that as well.
  9. Raynrace Augur

I can see it now, get your hotkeys ready folks!

TRAIN INCOMMING!!!!!

Caverns...Degmar...Arx Mentis... and on and on.

Grief petitions incomming!
    Yubestarrin and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  10. Rcalielie Elder

I so agree XD
  11. Melanippe Augur

o_O Gotta wonder who thought all this up. Gotta wonder how much time and effort was used. Gotta wonder why the %**$ someone thought that a few seconds casting or re-casting "clickies" was so very onerous. Gotta wonder if any one on the Dev team actually tested any of this! Gotta wonder if the team has the vaguest clue about the actual mechanics of pulling.

Just gotta wonder.
  12. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Seriously?

...and in the group game, you're constantly fighting 108+ mobs? Can't remember the last time I encountered mobs that couldn't be echo'd, short of names or flat out mez immunes. In the raid game pulling hasn't existed in quite awhile so not seeing a problem with the ability...
  13. Zarakii Augur

I really dont care about the pulling aspect as much as dumping aggro on raids but not going to get into an argument with someone when literally everyone disagrees with the changes to fade abilities
    Gyurika Godofwar and Yinla like this.
  14. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Just because I'm paranoid, Requiem of Remembrance from the Chapterhaus raid box of win is included too, right?
  15. Stickietoes Augur

Oh please please please please pleeeeeeeease put Lizardscale Girdle on the permanent buff list.

PUUUUUHLLEEEEEEEEEEEEASE
  16. Nickster86 Elder

Your about to release your 22nd expansion and now you want to tweak pulling, one of the fundamentals of playing Everquest. Some classes will entirely have to relearn how to pull depending on the caliber of the player. Some people playing pulling classes will inevitably quit due to the changes claiming " you ruined the class". But this is something you knew was broke yet you waited till now to fix it. As others have posted we can all expect massive trains due to your " correction". First my main is a mage, and you decide to nerf my rains. I also bot a bard and you just nerfed my pulling. I also bot a chanter...I won't even go there. So what class is safe for me to play that you haven't deemed broke? Maybe we should all go re roll as zerkers, you have to root and blind yourself for max dps idk how you could make that worse if you tried, so yeah maybe time to put down my mages 2hb and pick up an axe.
  17. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Then don't specifically make comments about pulling? Monks still have other, decent pulling tools if/when the changes go in. Just in case you forgot, here's what you said:

Have a good afternoon.
  18. Zarakii Augur

Ill stop after this but take your monk to arx and pull away with only echo see how it works out for ya =) or the thuliasaur mission
  19. segap Augur

What has really made pulling trivial is mob placement/aggro radius. There are very few places in the group game where you'll ever get more than 3 mobs if you choose the right angle. And if you have a real tank, there is no reason to even try splitting. Yes, pulling has been made a lot more trivial, but I often ask rangers/monks/bards to stop wasting time as it is not even necessary. Maybe the new content will change that and add in some actual challenge.

On another note, how are the fade caps/checks going to impact the use of Breather for melee? If we die, it's a constant nuisance to keep up enough endurance to be effective. We can only use Breather when out of combat (we must fade) and when we have no other combat abilities active. If our fade becomes not 100% reliable, our value after rez will be laughable (beyond the current duration of rez effects that we already suffer). If I read correctly, fades will be capped at level +2|5. That is beyond raid bosses.
    Sirene_Fippy likes this.
  20. Zaknaffein Augur

These changes to Fade are going to effect my Warrior more so than my Bard it seems.

I use Fade often on the warrior to drop agro due to other tanks being slow on snagging agro either from Swap mechanics or just because I am faster on the draw/generate more agro more quickly than other tanks and I'm trying to DPS with my 2-hander and not tank!. I also use Fade often to pop Breather for endurance. If I get rezzed back in and an AE goes off before Breather can be put on I'm screwed it seems.. Would be better to die and get rezzed again and attempt to get breather off before I get into combat.

Other than that side-effect, I think making pulling a bit more of a challenge is a good idea as it really has become too easy. I kind of miss the days of using mezz/lull to pull, or the need to pull singles instead of just bringing 5 mobs at a time to mass kill. I'm always up for a good challenge.

Though adding these changes at the end of an expansion instead of with the release of the next expansion is kind of odd.
  21. Metanis Bad Company

I like how casual they are about admitting how much stuff has been broken for years. Of course when they attempt to fix the broken things they will break other things while finding even more things broken. Game play is always so much more interesting after they try to fix stuff.
    Motherlee likes this.