September Patch Preview

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Aristo, Sep 15, 2015.

1. mackal Augur

Doesn't look like test has updated yet, but for CLR Divine Peace. Current data looks like it's suppose to be 97% chance, currently no level cap, so most likely more ranks will be added following what Aristo said.
  2. Kolani Augur

I think you just opened up a can of worms you don't want to talk about, Aristo. All pulling tools need to work as they're intended to before you start making adjustments to ANY of them. Like Crys mentioned, I don't even bother trying to lull now, since I know everything is immune by design or oversight.
    lockjaws, Motherlee, Dexar and 3 others like this.
  3. Silentchaos Augur

These changes look good to me.

I know this is kind of beyond the scope of this post, but it is totally silly that both of these still exist.

98/102 vs 100/100. Just get rid of one of them.
    lockjaws, Nniki, Ishtass and 6 others like this.
  4. Raynrace Augur

If its just the "fade" getting changed and only removing hate vs making you perma invis it isnt so bad. You would just have to make sure you fade out of agro range of the mobs. There are a lot of see invis mobs that make fade worthless unless you train half the zone running far enough to fade already.

Of course this will now introduce a ton of trains back into the game as every single mob will see you even after fade and now fade can fail a whole lot more it seems... This part I dont like, I see a lot more griefing coming as well. I dont think Im liking this part...

If the goal is to make a group have a serious puller or CC then most mobs better be CC able, meaning snare, root, mez. Lots are not. A few mobs in the right place (like the brooms in arx) make most classes worthless pullers.

If you consider rangers a puller, we are ok in open spaces beyond that we suck. Our fade timer needs reducing if that is the case and Harmonious Arrow timer has to be reduced with a fix on harmony. Not really sure why you even put rangers in the list of pullers.

Not a fan of this. Those who say pulling is a joke should group in arx without a real puller or CC in the group. Its already hard enough to find a real tank and healer for most people, add puller/cc to it and you are going to tick a whole lot of people off by making content unavailable to them. I cant even imagine the trains now in places like Arx or Caverns or Degmar... Sweet, lets get 1 idiot in there and have them wipe the whole zone of players.. YAY!

Im not sure you thought this through enough, sorry.
  5. Alkerion Lorekeeper

Ok other classes who have AAs that are NOT pulling related which tie in to this fade code just got screwed then when this goes live.

Speaking as a raiding wizard we will be fighting red con mobs a lot and never mind that they cannot be rooted/snared so once you over agro you get summoned in and if it runs at the same speed you do GOOD LUCK getting that 30 distance (assuming it isn't red con already) to get Hole in Space off.

Great case of, yet again, unintended consequences I'm sure. However all classes that had fade based on this code will be stuck with this nerf until they fix it IF they fix it.
    Perplexed likes this.
  6. Jiggs Elder

Question on how the clicky thing will function when someone upgrades a piece of gear with one of the affected clicky buffs...

Will the code automatically look at what a player has equipped upon logging on or immediately after a rez?
    Or, when someone upgrades an item with a higher level clicky, will they have to disable and re-enable the new aa?
    Or, does each clicky have to be added (or subtracted) in some kind of pull down menu?

Curious as to how this might function.
  7. Raynrace Augur

Simply cast the new version to overwrite the old version I believe Jiggs.
  8. Syylke_EMarr Augur

I pronounce the fade and fling changes: Worst idea of 2015!

If you're going to make it so Fade doesn't work on higher level mobs, can classes get some kind of aggro drop ability since, you know, that's why most of them got the ability?
    lockjaws, Axxius, Dexar and 6 others like this.
  9. Raynrace Augur

I actually just realized this too... This clicky change also solves my hotbar space problem!

Nice secondary effect... Still think the fade thing is a mistake, its secondary effects will not be fun.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  10. Zarakii Augur

WTH daybreak im dps not a puller! dont nerf monks more!
  11. Zarakii Augur

Well back to snare pulling (assuming it lands on anything) lol

Or just roll with a good tank and pull multiples. Havent really needed to single pull for a while in fact some groups got mad if i tried to single pull lol
  12. Tour Augur

Are we expecting any effect stacking changes with some of these being moved from the spell group to the AA group?
  13. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Yes, snare pulling! Because 90% of mobs aren't snare immune...

Or maybe pacify pulling? Wait, no, everything's immune to that too...

Mez? Well, only about 50% are immune there...

I know! We'll let the Rangers use HA! Err... nevermind...

I guess it's back to the old school style of pull everything, fade/FD and hope the right mob stays while the rest path back!

What I'm trying to say here is: Maybe we should look at pulling as a whole and fix the broken bits before nerfing the working bits.
    Ybidzian, Pizzicato, Ishtass and 3 others like this.
  14. Zarakii Augur

It'll be fine im not too happy with the changes either but its still doable
  15. Syylke_EMarr Augur

It's just silly and unnecessary.

However, the clicky changes are likable. I just don't think the fade/fling changes have been thought out fully.
  16. sojero One hit wonder

If someone clicks their clickie then destroys or tributes the item, do they retain the effect (AA) ?
  17. CrazyLarth Augur

will the AA casts be the same cast time as the maunally clicky cast time or faster?
  18. Tadenea Augur

wonder how FD potions will work now
  19. Iila Augur

What's the cast time on combat stability?
    Winnowyl, Silentchaos and Mintalie like this.
  20. sojero One hit wonder

if I am reading right, it wont have cast times as it will be always on effects, they are taking away the need to cast them.