Lockjaw Rotation & Unruh Civil Rights Act

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Croak, Sep 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silv Augur

There are no jokes in the TLP forum!
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  2. AlmarsGuides Augur

Simone likes this.
  3. Endtime Elder

Damn it, what about this riddle;

Croak walks into a bar,
    Croak doesn't like the drinks they supply and at their going price of $1.10 each,
    Croak gets all the poor people to make a petition against civil rights for fairness,
    Croak makes signs, 4 every day,

How many signs does he make?
    Simone likes this.
  4. AlmarsGuides Augur

Are we sure deaf is the medical condition? I have told guilds before I do NOT do voice chat and my reason was never anything more than group atmospheres make me uncomfortable.

I am sure a good reason would take a lot less arguing with the guild than "I just dont wanna"
    Simone likes this.
  5. AlmarsGuides Augur

28 signs in total because you mentioned 4 every day and I figure you just mean 4 for every day of the week so 28 signs in total.

Am I right?
  6. Endtime Elder

Wrong, the correct answer is unknown, because he won't stop!

I respect dedicated players, i do, i vote to improve the server and lifespan of Lockjaw, not for personal reasons with my guild or any other guild, but i cannot respect this person.
    Simone likes this.
  7. Silv Augur

We have a deaf person in our guild who raids current end game content with no issues. We use Vent for some communication and obviously he doesn't but he seems to do just fine. OP's excuse of a 'medical condition' is kindof paper thin IMO if it is indeed being deaf. Almost any decent guild, even if they require Vent/TS, would make an exception and allow a deaf person to join their raid force.
    Elricvonclief and Simone like this.
  8. AlmarsGuides Augur

I kind of have to agree. I have gotten out of using vent/teamspeak even when it was required by the guild by simply talking to the guild/raid leader about how uncomfortable it made me. I started playing games 15 years ago to escape social situations the last thing I want is to engage in one in the very thing I do to escape them.

If I can get away with it by saying that, you can definitely get away with it by being deaf. You're just not trying hard enough
    Simone and Silv like this.
  9. Croak Augur

I am going to provide it to you privately - I have done so in the past to Aszuth who I used to raid pretty hardcore with back on VS and Stromm, though timezones got in the way a bit.
  10. AlmarsGuides Augur

If it is different from what is mentioned in the thread then I will keep it to myself and never say what it is, but someone in the thread already said you were deaf and that was your medical condition. (and said you announced it in a general channel, which makes me disbelieve it would be that since you just said you wanted to provide it to me privately. It wouldn't make sense for you to say it in general then want to be private about it)

I do not know if that is true however since it is a secondary source for the information
  11. Croak Augur

You are really bad at reading

Edit: timestamp is CET
  12. Endtime Elder

If i had someone deaf in my guild and they wished to raid with us, i would assist them in any means - for being deaf does not ultimately affect gameplay if you are dedicated.

Stop using this crap as an excuse to make invalid posts.
    Simone likes this.
  13. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

[IMG]
    Mayfaire and Silv like this.
  14. Croak Augur

Actually from what I read in the article it is the kind of law that lawyers jump all over and do pro-bono when there are potentially 1000s of people affected and the defendant can't recover legal costs.

I am not a lawyer, have no legal training and am not litigious. I do honestly feel discriminated against, and I am sure there are other who also don't raid for various medical reasons, who would however like to be treated fairly.
  15. AlmarsGuides Augur

The EULA usually has a stipulation that you can't sue the company. I am 90% sure there was one in WoW's EULA and it was brought up numerous times. They usually put in there something like, but not worded like, we can do whatever the hell we want and no legal action can be taken against us for doing that
    Simone likes this.
  16. Steampunk Augur

I know I should know better than to feed the troll, but here goes. The way that the quoted statement above is written indicates that it was your choice not to join or form a raid guild. In that case, the only person infringing upon your civil rights is yourself. If DGC or members or leaders of a guild had denied you guild access because of your medical condition, then there would be an extremely remote chance that you might be able to find yourself protected under this law. But, not really. Good try, though.
    Simone, Sheex and Mayfaire like this.
  17. Croak Augur

In the context of the original article I linked, "if you have a sex change sure you can come to our women's only tech meetups"?

In Sky there is a key requirement to go from 1 isle to the next... fair enough

I shouldn't be forced to join or create a raid guild
  18. Mayfaire Augur

You shouldn't be forced to join a raid guild to camp raid names and get raid loot?

I agree.

I should be able to sit in PoK and have mad raid loot and plat just appear in my bags. Who do I need to sue to make this happen? :rolleyes:
    Simone likes this.
  19. Croak Augur

What happened to you? You were "nice" during the early days of Vox. Raided tower with you guys 1 time then, Fippy... then just disappeared... ever wonder why?
  20. Mayfaire Augur

That stings. I'm still nice. :(

Nice enough to (in a joking fashion) tell you that you're being silly. :p Which this thread is, imho. :p:p:p
    Simone likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.