Lockjaw Rotation & Unruh Civil Rights Act

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Croak, Sep 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Croak Augur

For my work keeping abreast of Tech news is pretty important so most days I open up techmeme.com at least once.

This article caught my eye

These men's rights activists are using a 1950s law to shut down women in tech

A paragraph and link caught my eye

In case that link isn't obvious http://www.dfeh.ca.gov/Publications_Unruh.htm

Here is the text in full

DBG is a California business, and Everquest is a service of that business

I live in Europe so even as a customer it might not apply to me, but one of the reasons I don't join or form a raid guild is because of a long-standing medical condition (3 years+).

I am not sure if an online service classes as a business establishment under California law, but certainly in Europe when looking at say website accessibility, there are various laws.

I was reading the article, and it seems making a business aware of the a possible complaint strengthens a case, so I suppose this post could be looked on as that.

I feel personally discriminated against

So now can unguilded players, and members of non-rotation guilds get fair access to Plane of Sky under the Lockjaw rotation, based upon the actual number of characters that fall within the required level range to participate in the content?

I am a reasonable person, but an unguilded player seems to have been suspended without any in good faith mediation, and I heard on the grapevine that the rotation guilds in their generosity think 2 days per month (less than 7% access) will be sufficient to meet the needs of what I have estimated to be approximately 50% of the server of the next 3 months.
    7% isn't close to being representative no matter how you fudge the numbers.

The email address for Mr. Rava was really easy to find

Shortlink to this article http://tinyurl.com/equnruh
  2. Machen New Member

Lol. Good luck with that. "Unguilded" is not a protected class in the U.S., nor does it fall under any of the categories relevant to that law.
    complexication and Simone like this.
  3. Pinto_Bean Augur

Sand in your Vag*na???

BTW 7% representation in sky is pretty good when there are about to be 12 guilds up there and qualifying days every 5 days.
    7% actually seems on par with what all the other guilds get having a rotation.
  4. Pinto_Bean Augur

Believe it or not but being Gay apparently isn't a protected class in the US either at the moment but it is in the works. There have been some national news articles where Gays were denied service at places like a wedding cake shop or flower shop.

I think "unguilded" is going to have to wait quite a while before it is their turn.
    Simone likes this.
  5. Lotusfly Elder

this gave me quite the chuckle
    Simone likes this.
  6. AlmarsGuides Augur

What you're trying to do is admirable but you keep going about it the wrong way.

All you're doing now is causing drama
    Simone likes this.
  7. Croak Augur

But medical condition is directly listed
  8. WarmachineEQ New Member

If you're playing for hours each day and 4 boxing, nothing other than being anti-social and stubborn prevents you from joining a guild. You're just looking for a loophole so that you, by yourself can greedily farm content that guilds of 50+ others have earned their way into the rotation to get.

Way to use your "disability" as leverage for selfish purposes there bro.
    Simone likes this.
  9. liveitup1216 Augur

You're not being denied access to their service: playing on their game servers. Good luck in all your future endeavors.
    Simone likes this.
  10. Croak Augur

You could look at it that way, or you could look at it that I am taking the non-violent route. Zhu took a more aggressive route and got suspended, but what he was doing was still protesting something unjust.

Please understand I have hardly been in game for the last week because of the massive amount of time I have spent in the rotation council private discussion about mediation, and I have absolutely no confidence the rotation guilds will come up with a fair offer unless forced to by DBG.
  11. Croak Augur

You are really bad at reading

12. AlmarsGuides Augur

Would you feel comfortable saying what it is?

If not, I will not pry, nor will I make comment about it - but I am curious.
  13. Lotusfly Elder

He has a stick shoved so far up his own that he is forced to lawyerquest.
  14. AlmarsGuides Augur

I got a good chuckle. I guess that explains why he can't sit for long periods of time though and join a raiding guild.

But, I really am curious. Medical stuff interests me and if you're going to mention to the public you have a medical condition you should feel comfortable saying what it is!
    Simone likes this.
  15. Lowbrow67 Lorekeeper

Go ahead and sue DBG for discrimination. Let us know how it works out for you.
    Simone likes this.
  16. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Can it be one of those cases where the loser is responsible for the other sides' legal fees? If so, I suggest a lengthy and detailed trial with a Mr Burns level of lawyer armies involved.
  17. Silv Augur

Can people in Europe start those White House petitions? Lobby to get filthy casuals as a protected class in the US. I'm sure there are plenty of politicians who would love to do that over other minorities!
  18. Tulgin Augur

As you said in general chat, your medical condition (being deaf) doesn't stop you from joining a guild, and it's not even your own medical condition. This is some kind of sick joke, you should be suspended.

Stop being anti social and join a guild if you want to raid.
    Simone likes this.
  19. Mayfaire Augur

The sex you were born as - not a choice.
    Your sexual orientation - not a choice.
    Your race - not a choice.

Choosing to join a guild or not is definitely a choice, regardless of one's health. I have been in guilds with people with very serious health conditions, and many of them were amazing players (RIP Qillion <3 ).

Apples V. Oranges.
    Elricvonclief, Simone and Silv like this.
  20. Endtime Elder

This is a joke, can we please get this closed.
    Simone likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.