Join Us on the Test Server Thursday!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Dexella Associate Producer

Norrathians! We need your help!

This Thursday, September 3, the Dev team will be on the Test Server and they need YOU to log in and join them! The special test period will take place from 12:00PM – 4:00PM Pacific Time. In addition to helping test some of the core tech work being done, the Devs have some fun events and extra stuff planned.

Choose the Live server character you want to test with, log on that character, and then type /testcopy. Your character will be immediately copied to our Test Server.

NOTE: If you already have a character on the Test Server with the same name, using /testcopy will overwrite that character.

How do I get to the Test Server?

Glad you asked! Here’s what you need to do:
    1. Open the EverQuest Launchpad
    2. In the lower left hand corner, look for “Version: Live” and click “Live”
    3. From the drop down menu under “Select Game Version” select “Test”
    4. Click “Apply” and your file list will begin to update
    5. Click “Play” and hop on in!
    We hope to see you in-game on the Test Server this Thursday, September 3!
  2. Numiko Augur

just what "core tech" will we be testing? and what are the hoped for results players will see if the new core tech works out and is brought to live?
  3. Kravitz Augur

Cross server instancing.
    Motherlee and Jyve like this.
  4. Crystilla Augur

Doubt this. (Trust me though I'd love it but just don't think that's what this is for.)
  5. Zarakii Augur

i would but someone jacked my name minato there and when i log into test on my monk his name is minatoe..... i dont like being a toe dangit!. Also very curious as to what you want us all to test in a 4 hour timeframe any info would be sweet! ^_^
  6. Riou EQResource

Does EQ finally get single server like EQ2 is moving to and just instance the zones as they are needed? :p
  7. code-zero Augur

Prison server?
  8. Rainbowdash Augur

Testing how well Test people (the 3 left) co-exist with Live people before letting us transfer off? Pls! :p
    Motherlee, Elricvonclief and Mintalie like this.
  9. Absor Developer

"Core Tech" is, well, some of the core technology we use to run servers and such. I don't know details, 'cause I'm just a stupid designer, but it will allow us stronger and more flexible back-end stuff. The goal is that nothing changes as far as gameplay goes. That's what we need to test. Make sure none of the things is broken. Since there are a LOT of things, we need help checking them. Not the least of which will be server and zone load. So if you can spare the time, we'd be grateful if folks can log in and help out.

A
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Quatr like this.
  10. sojero One hit wonder

I would love to help but that is during work hours :( I understand you guys have standard work hours too, just wish we could do it during normal play time.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  11. Silv Augur

Same problem for me. I guess it's less of an issue for people who work on the East Coast but if they really wanna get a high population I'd suggest it being slightly later or extended. Oh well :confused:
  12. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Hopefully this doesn't crash the server. Maybe you should throw us active Test players a bone.
  13. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Maybe they can extend it to run a bit later. as it stands it's from 3 to 7 PM EST which is too early for those who work the typical 8-5 shift and then have to travel to get back home.
  14. sojero One hit wonder

You guys already are testing it, they are trying to bring the population up to live levels.

You guys just don't spawn enough DH HA instances to compete with live load
    Silv likes this.
  15. Rhaage Augur

+1 but I'm likely to /testcopy a couple toons and at least load them up and sit /afk for the test period. It's the best I can do.
  16. Roxxanna Augur

Shhhhhhh.............

.................let me dream a while longer.
    Motherlee likes this.
  17. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

I've heard from other people that /testcopy is currently broken. I haven't tried myself recently but a few friends and others on the server say it isn't working right now.
  18. Khat_Nip Meow

~30 seconds ago I did a /testcopy and it reported "Test copy: Copy Success".
    I'll log on over there but I'm betting it'll probably work without a hitch.

Add: As expected I'm over on Test as expected with everything current as of my /testcopy.

Not sure why those others are having issue.
  19. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

No clue, maybe it was fixed since then or they had some other issue they weren't aware of.
  20. Smallpox Augur

If you really want to do an actual stress test:

1) Why do this in non-prime time? Thursday 12:00PM – 4:00PM Pacific? Really?
    2) Wouldn't it be more effective to offer some freebie account bound trinket (like an illusion or something) for participating? People would come in droves just for a freebie.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.