8/20 Modest Man breaks sky rotation.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Frosin, Aug 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lotusfly Elder

So lets say you're driving down the road and get pulled over by a cop. He issues a speeding ticket for going 2 miles over the limit.

Do you tell him to F off because you don't think you should get a ticket for breaking rules?
  2. Shmef Augur

thats kind of the entire point of the rotation settling disputes before running to GMs for punishment. a guild misbehaves and they lose kills. thats how you settle things like adults and not running to tattle on each other.
    Kaenneth and Simone like this.
  3. squidgod Augur

If MM all got suspended their mobs would go FFA and FI would likely get most of them. Sounds like a decent strategy to me. It's up to DBG to dish out the right punishment.
    Kaenneth and Lotusfly like this.
  4. Vaclav Augur

Suspension is more equivalent to jail time than a fine that is deferred by months for when it's due and you have a chance to appeal in court instead of paying.

Let this be a basic lesson in equivalence for you.

If you told MM "Hey guys this dude of yours killed 3 fairies we need keys for - give us 3k pp to make up for it" (or whatever the value on keys are, I never buy them) and they told you to get bent you might have a valid comparison there however.
  5. kythik Lorekeeper

Non-selective recruiting bit us on the rear. We(faceless) guilded quite a few Citizen members all of which left after getting loot from us and joined MM. I was never surprised that it happened. Hell we had one guy join after the merger who had old/rl friends in MM. We got him his Fiery Avenger and he left just hours later.

We've had issues with people spying for MM in our ts and forums. Guild spies are nothing new I understand but it's still funny imo. If we have spies in MM or AD I am not privy to such information but based on Darth's comments about that kind of crap I highly doubt it.
  6. taliefer Augur

good point. i think this tops it tho. could just be recency bias. im kinda laughing over it all.
  7. Croak Augur

I am sorry but I have had Darth directly explain to me that he can't control the actions of new members when I have had issues with Faceless members in the past.

I personally as a member of the Lockjaw community don't care what action Faceless have somehow suckered Roshen/DBG into taking... I am fully capable of taking my own action.
    Simone likes this.
  8. Zivix Journeyman

I have no stake in this but just as a point of fact, I have just done a search for Modest Man members on Lockjaw 1 minute before this posting and there are "too many players" to list. Doesn't seem they've been banned.
  9. Reincarnated82 New Member

This is funny considering Macro Quest was up in hate whining about how MM broke the rules with smooth there. So why couldn't frosin do the same? Oh right because he knew exactly who snubs was. Btw aren't you busy camping/stealing/training people at efreeti to be posting?
  10. Zarakii Augur

this whole banning entire Guilds* due to one or two people regardless if its TLP t a r d s or not is pretty damn stupid
    Kaenneth, Warpeace and Vaclav like this.
  11. Croak Augur

I am not in any guild on Lockjaw, and I am not in any affiliated guild on Fippy and leadership in all the Sky rotation guilds know me on both servers.
  12. Lotusfly Elder

A judge can technically rule whatever he wishes. Whether it be jail-time, or a fine.

If you want to be super serious and have me give you an example, it only takes one offense on a military installation and you can't drive there for a month.

Equivalency has nothing to do with breaking rules. It is up to the guy dealing out punishment to decide what the consequence is.

Let this be a basic lesson in reality for you.
    Kaenneth likes this.
  13. Croak Augur

Actually I haven't stepped foot in any planes yet on Lockjaw... closest I have come to raid content has been SolB and Kedge killing group mobs.
  14. kythik Lorekeeper

if you don't suspend the entire guild what is to stop guilds from creating snipe burner toons to just take mobs from each other? It's easy enough to make accounts with fake names, pay with krono/prepaid cards, and use a vpn.
  15. squidgod Augur

lol, spies...what's the point? This ain't Eve.

I guess I could see starting drama and trying to break the guild apart, but despite all the competition for kills, I don't think we're there yet.
    Kaenneth likes this.
  16. Zarakii Augur

so because some idiot went to exp in the wrong zone at the wrong time anyone who just plays an alt on lockjaw who is tagged in that guild and just might be raiding or something on another server all of a sudden crashes because of something that happened on there alts server..... because someone went to exp...... yeah seems legit

I dont even play on the TLP's but that logic is plain out stupid

if a bunch of people from my guild got suspended over someone on another servers exp'ing how is that fair to our raid force?... just seriously its dumb
    Kaenneth likes this.
  17. Lateryn Augur

You'd think, but people are doing it. It's nuts.
  18. Vaclav Augur

A cop isn't a judge. You are apprehended temporarily while a judge deals with things appropriately, however. [Unless of course you think Judge Dredd was a documentary - it wasn't...]

And as for military rules - last I checked we don't sign up for military levels of rules here. And you wouldn't see a platoon courtmartialed because one idiot went AWOL, regardless.

Re: Equivalence (since you edited it in after the fact) - sure it doesn't, but it as in the military example I gave above - there's zero logic in the actions of one dictating a punishment for the many. To extrapolate that theorem out more - if you saw 20 guys go AWOL, it might actually start to appear warranted to punish the entire platoon however, because it's not just one outlier anymore.
    Agrippa likes this.
  19. kythik Lorekeeper

Oh I agree 100% spies are silly. Hasn't stopped certain people from doing it to us. All strats for this and all upcoming content can be found with a quick google search if you don't already know it.

Spies in Eve though gets hardcore and makes for some great reading.
    Kaenneth likes this.
  20. rick Augur

ah BUT should your great grand parents be dug up and you great grand children also all be incarcerated as well..

THIS could be seen as the letter of the law BUT the spirit of the law was that IF a guild in general went and raided the planes and NOT on rotation THEN this action COULD and probably SHOULD be taken (at very least for all members breaking said rules)

AND it is all mote at this point the ruling has been made buy DBG as far as this event occurred and I bet there is somewhere in the rules about discussing rulings after the fact (there usually is at any rate ..

NEVER question the judge as there are worse thing HE COULD DO
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.