8/20 Modest Man breaks sky rotation.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Frosin, Aug 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lateryn Augur

Vaclav just stop. The guild definition was for the purpose of defining who can qualify for rotation. Not about breaking said rotation.

Anything is a "Guild" action if you wear their tag.
  2. Croak Augur

Sorry as someone not affiliated with either guild, and not even really a raider though might be soon for an occasional open raid, this just seems like griefing on the part of Faceless.

Pretty much the only mention of "sky" in my logs for the last few hours was Frosin porting up there 3 times (times are euro summer time)
    I am in a lot of global channels.

[Thu Aug 20 23:38:29 2015] Frosin begins to cast a spell. <Alter Plane: Sky>
    [Fri Aug 21 00:32:56 2015] Frosin begins to cast a spell. <Alter Plane: Sky>
    [Fri Aug 21 00:33:01 2015] Frosin begins to cast a spell. <Alter Plane: Sky>
    It certainly looks like 1 guy for whatever reason who was tagged MM deliberately taking an action to break the rotation (or being totally dumb), but equally FI deliberately trying to not do any due diligence in reporting the activities.

Frosin just watches the guy, no attempt at communication with him, no reporting it to guild chat, no tells to other guild members, no tells to officers... until the guy killing stuff wipes.

It could have all started and finished with "Hey do you know it is Faceless's day of rotation?"

This is on mobs that FI also previously gave away to other guilds

The first I hear about it is from a MM member who was doing me some imbues and thinking he was about to be suspended.

In my mind FI have broken the rotation an equal amount.
    Kaenneth, Simone, Majis and 1 other person like this.
  3. Lateryn Augur

Oh man the tin foil hats are coming out. "Direct attack" lmao.

Sounds like the boxer knew exactly what he was doing, you don't see many /anon guilded people anymore, most just run /rol. You go anon if you do not want even your own guild to know where you are.
    Kaenneth and Simone like this.
  4. Vaclav Augur

The problem with that is people share their info on top of other possible malfeasance. I could go into further detail but I won't - but it's a problem every guild likely has - just from my own experience with friends offering to share info. [I personally hate sharing info so I've refused every case - but if I'd accepted the offers made, I'd have access to almost every single guild to cause harassment]
    Numiko likes this.
  5. Adrynlyn New Member

The funny thing is that the 1 guy who actually committed the act probably didn't get suspended because he had been kicked out of the guild.
  6. Lateryn Augur

Sky is a very unique circumstance. Because the trash drops keys + loot needed for items.

Almost every other raid no one gives a if you kill trash, they would probably thank you for helping it go by quicker.
  7. Grish Augur

No, it's not a threat. I am not an adult that logs into video games and acts like a child, hardass, tool, insert random bad quality here. These servers though are full of those types of people.

What I did there is take my knowledge of the past TLPs along with my current knowledge of the player base on both servers, mixed mixed in a few facts about the types of people attracted to the Progression servers and predicted an outcome with near certainty.
  8. Azzudien Augur

Personally opinion as I am not an officer, just regular member of FI. If in fact entire guild was suspended for the actions a few people, that is completely out of line.

One correction as several have stated it was just a few mobs, all of the first island was cleared including princess. Also appears they moved to island 2 and started Azaracks as only 7 were up when we started, so apparently someone stopped them by that point.

A more appropriate punishment would have been to let MM kick this person out of guild. Random MM's next sky day in rotation to the other guilds and they lose 1 sky day. Suspending the entire guild if in fact that happened is just outright stupid.
  9. Roshen Brand Manager

Merging all of these into one thread.

The guiding principle for the progression server rotations is “If you believe a guild is breaking the rotation, please approach any of the other Guild Leaders in the rotation, and let them handle it on the GL level. If they're unable to reach a solution among themselves, one of them will make it public and ask for GM intervention.”

Our team is working on getting this fixed up now.
    Soltara likes this.
  10. Fiyero Augur

Lol, conspiracy theory. Your guild is quite that stupid. Training, dispelling, using eyes of zomms to mess up targeting. Your guild has always done stupid antics.
  11. Banuvan Augur

While that does happen it is against the rules. This entire situation could change many things for many people and I don't see any negatives as of yet.

Individual reputations should start to matter to guilds.
    Guild reputations should start to matter to individuals.
    Account sharing could become less widespread.

Also, the tinfoil hats and threats are rather amusing. I hope DBG tracks every single one down and doles out some form of punishment.
    Kaenneth likes this.
  12. Lotusfly Elder

Frosin is in no way obliged to tell members of a raiding guild (who should know about the rotation) that they shouldn't be killing stuff that is not on their own guilds rotation. He sat there and collected evidence to report as he should have.

The rest is, as roshen states,

[IMG]
    [IMG]
  13. Vaclav Augur

Hey, I thought we were doing rules-lawyering here - there's nothing in there that says "for the purposes of qualifying for rotation only" to quote it verbatim "We consider a guild to be a community of players that can form a raid force of 36 characters and has an online presence (such as a website)"

Seriously, complaining that I'm pointing out a rules lawyering bit in a thread founded on rules lawyering is pretty damn hilarious and hypocritical.

I wonder when you'll opt to stop the anon nonsense and acknowledge who you actually are.
  14. Overnight New Member

http://imgur.com/wFYHNge

Someone added this to the rule that Faceless broke in the rotation rules thread and then immediately deleted it. Wonder who did that? Don't only officers have editing permissions?
  15. Ambiguously Journeyman

This definitely seemed like hasty action.

This person was removed from guild immediately when our leadership was notified. He was very belligerent about leaving Sky Island 1. We found it to be extremely odd behavior. He was also newly added.
  16. captnstudy Lorekeeper

by "getting this fixed" i hope you mean unsuspending all the accounts.
    Kaenneth likes this.
  17. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Rules are Rules.
  18. Vaclav Augur

Rules state that mediation should be attempted.

Step one in any mediation is taking it up with the person causing the offense directly.

He skipped straight to Step Ten or whatever - tattle tale to mom and dad like a six year old that just saw his sister eat an extra cookie.
    Kaenneth and Agrippa like this.
  19. Lateryn Augur

Says the guy from AD who openly partner with MM to try and kill FFA stuff or get rotation a set way :p
  20. rick Augur

have any children?

this is the usual behavior of 2 kids under the age of about 6 .. one tattles on the other one .. one does something in retribution..

Oddly I am NOT in a guild and after seeing this crap will be happy to remain so so as not to get into trouble because of someone else's misdeeds.

also oddly when I grouped with players from other guilds I found most of the MM players to be far easier to group with .. too many power players in many of the other one (though this is not necessarily always true BUT like this the name tag of the guild fit) ..

I wonder where it will all end??
    Grish likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.