8/20 Modest Man breaks sky rotation.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Frosin, Aug 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lalaloup Augur

Do you really want enforcement to hinge on the actions of fringe members?

Thats a really annoying precedence to be setting.
  2. Xars Journeyman

The always classic "I sent a tell".

ROFL
  3. sleka Lorekeeper

wow 100% haste on that druid!!
  4. Banuvan Augur

DBG set the precedent when they stated that they would suspend the entire guild for the actions of their members for 7 days. I believe it was Roshen who said that. They either follow through with it now or their words mean nothing.
  5. Fiyero Augur

Wrong. They were part of your guild, whether they were removed or not. You can't just detag people to bypass rotation breaks.
  6. Vaclav Augur

Haste on the character stat display which that mirrors is 100% = 0% in player terms.
    Soltara likes this.
  7. Grish Augur

Honestly it wouldn't take much for a player to join any guild they wanted suspended. Who knows who is next. I still think it's pretty funny.
  8. lalaloup Augur

Precedent is created once words become action. Any gm or company action comes with having people talk to each other first. It's like the "have you rebooted your computer" equivalent for people issues in this game.

I have no interest in lockjaws raiding scene, it just seems relevant to clarify rather than the nebulous claims we have now.
  9. captnstudy Lorekeeper

seriously guys, i wanna know, what happens when unguilded fithly casuals port up to sky? does DBG suspend their accounts?
  10. sleka Lorekeeper

and here I thought I had found my druid overlord. 8(
  11. Kobra Augur

I would encourage anyone who wants to grief an entire guild all you have to do is join up and go kill some plane of sky mobs out of rotation.
    Friday and Zahariel like this.
  12. Banuvan Augur

The precedent has been set by DBG and what the consequences would be for guilds that were breaking rotations. 7 day suspension for the entire guild. This is a clear breaking of the rotation by a member of MM. It's cut and dry.

DBG either holds to the precedent they themselves set or they don't. It will be interesting to see how they handle it. If they don't hold up their side of the bargain when they forced rotations on the servers then why have a rotation at all? If they do hold up their side of the bargain then I can bet you each and every guild will be having some major talks with their members in regards to things like this.
  13. Fiyero Augur

Have you tried to keep better control of your members and stop pulling stupid antics? Clearly not.
  14. lalaloup Augur

You misunderstand what I'm saying, and it might be a simple issue of disambiguation.

Forget the word precedent for a moment, the issue I'm concerned with is what measures have to be taken between the officers of the rotation before action can be taken by dbg.

As it stands now with the very limited information (or "threats") from dbg, the process enables a new form of uber-griefing.
    Vaclav likes this.
  15. captnstudy Lorekeeper

so there's a massive QQ thread about a MM boxer killing some trash mobs in plane of sky and apparently (according to the people in the thread) the entire guild or some of the guild or alot of people got suspended by DBG for breaking the "rotation". Seems a bit much since no boss mobs were killed but what do i know, i'm just a fithly casual. My real question(which no one would address in the other thread) is DBG really suspending accounts for going into a zone and killing mobs out of rotation? Does this man unguilded or small guilds are legit not allowed to go up there and kill mobs b/c DBG will suspend their accounts? Seem pretty ludicrous to me if that's the case.
    lalaloup likes this.
  16. Vaclav Augur

Not really, Ban. It should be quite easy to distinguish when someone is using enforcement as a tool of harassment rather than dealing with a legitimate grievance.

This clearly was an individual doing something without guild support - from the sounds of it someone that was already booted that they didn't completely detag all his alts when they did so. If say for example I had access to a character or two in Faceless tomorrow and I (someone who's not even a member of Faceless) took said characters and harassed an encounter of AD's tomorrow - would you feel that would be appropriate to punish 200+ other accounts in your guild for the actions of one rogue player?

If you can't see that the precedent of an individual [that was already meant to be removed it sounds] causing trouble reflecting on the entirety is a horrid thing, you're not very bright. (Or more likely blinded by the stupid drama and concern your guild has over MM)

If it was at least a group involving even as few as 3-4 MM humans behind the keys it would be at least on the edges of being rational - but a single person's actions being used to impact the play of hundreds of other accounts? No.

[PS - I didn't make the prognosication here - but during my quit rant to my friends I did make this exact type of nonsense as a prediction on my way out - not with any specific entity in mind, just that as things were progressing that "rumor, speculation and conflating stories" was going to start becoming a force on these servers]
  17. Zahariel Journeyman

Short story:

A guy joined MM 4 days ago. Went up to Sky anonymously with his box team without consent. Faceless took a video of it and got GMs involved. They skipped the arbitration clause that states they need to use a 3rd party guild to solve a dispute prior to GM intervention.

The entirety of MM (600+ characters and all tied accounts) have been suspended. Yes, even people that don't play on Lockjaw currently and are mainly raiding on live servers.
  18. Fiyero Augur

Correct. No one is allowed to kill anything in Sky if it's not your guilds Sky day.
  19. HonorablePally Lorekeeper

SHAME modest man being bullies on Lockjaw, someone tweet GM Holly
  20. Vaclav Augur

Holy crap, there's 600+ tagged accounts in MM?
  21. captnstudy Lorekeeper

ok, so the only reason this was a problem is bc the boxer was guilded? what happens if unguilded players wanna go to sky? pickup raids etc....none of this is allowed?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.