Learn the Enchanter Class before you tamper with it

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Maxxbuff, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Sancus Augur

I'm pretty sure 40% was just the arbitrary nerf-number of the week.
    Silv likes this.
  2. Mintalie Augur

Too true. The actual best never, ever toot their own horn.
    I haven't forgotten... been chasing that thing for a long long time now! :mad:
    One of the biggest $h1t-stirrers thankfully retired a few years ago. There is a noticeable difference.
    Silv likes this.
  3. Reval Augur

What if someone were to say that they were the most egotistical? A bedtime paradox for you!!!
  4. Matthias The Man Journeyman

Dare I ask?
  5. Silv Augur

Pretty sure you know exactly who they are talking about.
    Silentchaos likes this.
  6. Maxxbuff Journeyman

The gift of hazy thought issue I have is, when I'm not burning, not raiding, and do not have caster support, it helps a lot with burst dps or when things hit the fan and you cannot mez. As it stands, if a group lacks a wizard or magician, an enchanter is a decent substitute and better than a mercenary. I have already stated this, but if it was too powerful adps, then allow the proc to be stronger for the enchanter him/herself than the rest of the group. For the continuity of the game, any pure caster should be better than a mercenary. If not, then they are devalued. I'm certainly not saying we are bad, but I did not like the step in the back on the gift of hazy thoughts. Look at what they are planning for all of the melee dps coming up. The knights get a great boost because it helps their overall value, and they certainly are not considered dps. It is about balance, not overpowering. Take a step back and think about that enchanter that is only 6 months in play time, not in a high end raiding guild, and trying to have fun.
  7. Blurred_Memories Augur

change our clarity and haste buffs to auras and they'll want more of us on raids.
  8. Silv Augur

That would effectively ruin most of our ADPS for casters meaning they'd probably want less of us and figure out some way around it. Shaman can haste. Bards / BST / CLR / Necro can all give back mana.
  9. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I was.

My main point however was to say that Haze was way too powerful before, and anyone who says otherwise is being ignorant at best, and disingenuous at worst. Or to put it more bluntly, you know it was, or at least you should have known. And while most everyone else who knew it has accepted it and has the attitude of "It was nice while it lasted, but we knew this was coming" you are trying to downplay it and act as though it was perfectly fine and this is such a sudden and shocking change from completely out of the blue.

Haze was adding 30-60k worth of dps. It was a huge boost (that was about to get even better with the crit damage changes) for a passive ability, and just like any other time this kind of thing happens, the devs didn't realize what they'd done for months, (even after being told), and it took even longer for them to rectify it.
    Sheex, Silv and sifonin like this.
  10. Silv Augur

Are you saying it was adding these numbers post-cheez proc fix? Or before? Because yeah I'd agree that everyone knew it was broken then. I'm just not sure how it was adding those numbers post-fixes? And it certainly wasn't months between the fix and then second fix/nerf this past month. However, suggesting it was "passive" is a bit silly. At least based on my definition of passive.

Moreso going for clarity at this point.
  11. Beimeith Lord of the Game

That was post-fix. Before that it was adding even more. Now there is some flexibility in the numbers because of all the variables: RNG on proc rate, how good the Enchanter is, how fast you're able to react when it lands on you, etc. which is why I gave it as a range.

On a burn for Wizards it was adding ~800k (300k for a normal crit + 800 for a total of ~1.1mil). A single hit every 60s would be 13k dps, 3-4 hits would be 40-53k.

Non-burn for Wizards it was adding ~600k. A single hit every 60s would be 10k dps, 3-4 hits would be 30-40k.

But there is more. The crit rate portion of the buff works on everything, including AA nukes. AA nukes don't get the focus benefit because they cost 0 mana, but they still get the 100% crit rate part. On a burn this doesn't do too much because we already hit 100%, but on a non-burn that is a 58% crit rate increase if you do it right. Granted, this isn't a huge benefit, but it does exist and is enough to push the total bonus slightly higher.

Do you consider Fury of Magic to not be "passive" Crit Chance? Is Destructive Fury not "passive" Crit Damage in your definition? How about Gift of Mana? Etc.

You seem to be counting Haze as not being passive because you have to nuke for it to do something...but none of the above abilities do anything either unless you nuke, but they are universally considered to be passive abilities.

The fact you have to nuke for it to proc has nothing to do with whether it is passive or not. It is passive because the chance to proc is always there and doesn't go away.

And don't say "but we didn't nuke before," as though this was a huge change to your play style because it wasn't, or at least it shouldn't have been. Enchanters should always have been nuking prior to the existence of Haze. That I keep seeing people post they have no reason to nuke now only shows how terrible they are.

If I saw an Enchanter standing around in our raids doing nothing because there was no need for mezz, they'd get yelled at. Haze should have had a minimal effect on Enchanters' play style outside of being a damage boost they didn't have before.
    RPoo, Spellfire and Silv like this.
  12. Silv Augur

The numbers are helpful in seeing where you are coming from, thanks. However, they pulled the 40% number out of a hat unless there is some unspoken target range that only certain people know about. That's getting into tin foil hat territory though. All people claiming it was OP have just said the new damage mod is the right number. With no more basis than an opinion. If it had been changed to 45% or 50% would you still say it was OP and suggest it should be 40? I doubt it. It was too high and so they lowered it; there is no basis for the number they lowered it to though unless I've missed the explanation.

I still don't agree with it being passive and it was even advertised as an incentive to give Enchanters active ADPS. That's probably a point we won't agree on~

I've never thought that Enchanters shouldn't be nuking. Haze did not change that and if it did for anyone else then I don't think they were using their full potential. That seems 100% common sense.
  13. Verily Tjark Augur

Dude, Dandin... I'm so glad you're back contributing to the enchanter class. We have been missing you. Much love.
    Silv likes this.
  14. Silv Augur

You quoted the wrong one but, yes, we're all thrilled at his return!
  15. Verily Tjark Augur

No I know about Matthias.... Maxxbuff is just Dandin2
  16. Maxxbuff Journeyman

Is the discussion that provoked the comment. For the under-educated, that is not the same thing as saying I am the best.
  17. Maxxbuff Journeyman

As I posted prior to this, it is not about me or two people going back and forth. It is about the balance and improvement of the class. So how you are stuck on nonsense is beyond me. A lot of good information has come from the discussion. But keep worrying about who said they are the best xyz.
  18. Reval Augur

Guys, it's me. I'm the best enchanter. I'll give you an example. One time on a raid, I mgb'ed kei instead of the clarity for that level at the start of the raid, and when we started struggling, I said I was turning on the after burners, mgb'ed top end clarity and blasted push it to the limit in ventrilo. I saved the raid singlehandedly.

Before you make a trite point about how you have better focuses than me, and are Beimeth, ask your self this question: Did you blast push it to the limit in ventrilo?
    Foxxbott and Silv like this.
  19. Silv Augur

You win. Thread over.
  20. Maxxbuff Journeyman

So, I have 2 sets of armor and augments, a DPS set and regular set. For dps, do you guys use Magna Fulgia with 2 proc augs, and a proc aug in the Ranged slot as well?

Since the independent procs and stacking... the highest I have found are the Bone Shards of Frozen Marrow, Ancient Diamond of Spellcharm for weapon, and Sodkee's Sympathetic Stone in the Ranged. Has anyone found better?
    Silv likes this.