Lockjaw Rotation Updated - 8/15/15

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Warrior007, Jul 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wiluven Journeyman

Please see post #383 for definition of socking. We do not sock nor do we 'sit at a mob all day and hope for it to spawn'. I'm not calling you middle tier due to your inability to kill all content. I'm calling you middle tier because of the effort you want to dedicate to killing all content. There's a place on the new proposed rotation for you to continue to kill all content at your leisure.

Again, that is nothing to be ashamed of. Calling you middle tier isn't down playing your accomplishments or calling you a mean name. That is just the effort you're willing to put into this game and that is absolutely okay!

I'm middle tier in RL and I know my role. I certainly doesn't take offense to it because I didn't put in the work my manager(s) did to get my masters. It's my fault I'm middle tier and no one elses. I get what I put in.
  2. Solkos Augur

Oh I was confused I guess. I thought this meeting was mostly about proposing new rotations because you felt you weren't getting enough targets even though I see hardly effort in mobilizing towards FFA targets so I can see why you aren't pleased with the amount of FFA you are getting. If this is just to talk about new guilds coming into the rotation and anti-socking countermeasures, why create a new proposed rotation and why ask Darth to also?
  3. Kattahn Elder

You do realize, with 6 or 7 guilds on rotation, and up to 36 hour respawns, and a FFA slot for every rotation spot, you're looking at 12-14 spawns between kills, which could very well be 2+ weeks.

Unless I am missing something, you get maybe 2 boss kills a week with Darths rotation.
    Simone likes this.
  4. Banuvan Augur

You do realize that guilds fail to kill mobs in the allotted time making them FFA regularly right? Inny today being a prime example and he's arguably the easiest raid target there is right now.
    Simone likes this.
  5. Greymere Augur

Meaning we arguably don't need FFA days at all since it happens so often on standard rotation days?
    Simone and Agrippa like this.
  6. Lotusfly Elder

Solkos, come on. I know you've seen me parse. :)
  7. Banuvan Augur

Stop trying to twist my words around. That was a direct response to Kattahn trying to say that Darth's rotation would hurt guilds. The fact is under Darth's rotation guilds could choose to go after every FFA mob on FFA days.

Hell, MM likes to spout how much they like to compete so why are they so against Darths rotation? They could compete every other day on that rotation. I'm gonna go with they don't really wanna compete but they gotta put a good show on for the masses so they are blowing smoke.

Darth's rotation eliminates any type of competition for any guild that doesn't want to do it. If you want to compete then you get to compete every other day. If you don't then you wait your turn for your day.
    Lotusfly likes this.
  8. Mishkin Journeyman

You should push DBG equally hard so they provide exact spawn times for every boss mob.
    So you can assemble at known time and have no competition at all.
    Agrippa likes this.
  9. Lotusfly Elder

I think we all know why..
  10. Vincecross New Member

To all Guild leaders - I once again bring you aware to Lockjaws.net - I have created forums that can be used for private discussions between guild leaders and or their representatives, I can also supply a private Team speak server as well as chat room for said private discussions. Having been apart of the Rathe Travel Agency for many years I always find when Guild Leaders and reps speak in public they tend to have to defend their position a little more aggressivly to save public face. I offer you a private space to speak and only allow you and your designates be able to read, only those guilds approved by current rotation entities would be allowed to see or participate in your discussions. There would be a seperate area for you to post your rules and if wanted your meeting notes (if you want). This could help bring down the temperment of the conversation as well as keep some of the non-leadership from creating a more hostile environment.

I would also welcome to add administrators from anyone who volunteers to make sure that admins are non-participants and there is no view that one guild or another is "running" the board.

If your interested please just register to the board and PM me, I have already enabled the appropriate permissions.

I know some of you may doubt the need but I have seen this work very well in the past.
  11. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

Any concerns are legitimate. The rotation structure itself, will be a topic of discussion. People are entitled to opinions, I wanted to see Darth's vision. I personally don't agree with it, more details about that on the rotation chit chat. Ultimately, I want a speedy, timely rotation.

Please relay your concerns to your chain of command for proper discussion at the meeting tomorrow.

Thanks!
    Simone likes this.
  12. Vaclav Augur

PaperworkQuest works pretty for this nonsense pretty well and is censor safe
  13. Imdead Augur

This sounds like it's going to turn into death by meeting so certain individuals can lobby every week for incremental changes to eventually get what they want in the long term. I would suggest monthly is best for everyone's sanity and it allows everyone to live abs understand the impact of changes. Can a week really be long enough to determine effects of changes in a rotation? With more and more guilds on the rotation I think you need a longer period between changes to truly determine if what is implemented is working. Fortunately with the longer expansion schedule of lockjaw this is more wireless than the truncated Ragefire progression.
  14. KumbayaMyLordNagafen Lorekeeper

Because they and everyone else don't feel like socking with Faceless?
    Agrippa likes this.
  15. Arandris Elder

Fixed
  16. Fiyero Augur

Rather debatable, and if so you've only done it in the past 2 weeks following 3 other guilds joining you from Ragefire.

Wow, so modest. You can't really claim this as an achievement seeing as it was your Sky day. It doesn't mean diddly squat that you were the first to do it, when neither of the other top guilds were allowed to go into Sky to even attempt it before you. Congratulations, you beat Eye with a petwall without any competition before anyone else could even attempt it due to rotation rules.

You've pretty much never beaten FI to a contested spawn unless FI didn't even attempt to go for it, so i'm not sure you really can contest much.
  17. Lateryn Augur

Until you realize who is initiating these socks.
  18. Shulik New Member

FI aka TL 2.0, you guys won bros. You are the win. Grats guys I will try to find you guys some trophies. Gold stars all around.
    Silentchaos and Solkos like this.
  19. Sneaky Dragon New Member

20. Vincecross New Member

yea forget it because what you accused them of had nothing to do with the fact it was their Plane of Sky day.....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.