Price Fixing in Bazaar

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Picaresque, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Mayfaire Augur

You never mentioned FTP, you said new and casual players. In both those original cases that you mentioned I would recommend joining a large, active family guild, and then you won't need a "free ride" through the expansion, you can group through it.

As for FTP, they too can and should join a family guild where , in most cases, there are helpful guildies who put T1 gear in the guild bank or sell it to guildies for cheap.

When I was first coming up I was in what was a family guild that also raided, and I found all of this to be true, at least for me. :)

Edited to add: If you don't want to grind for the gear, then you may have to pay the piper (baz prices). Most things in life (and in the game) are a trade-off. Speaking for myself, whenever I have not liked the Baz prices on any given item, I just go camp said item. Oh, and don't get me wrong, I may grumble about "stupid idiots in Baz pricing stuff like morons, blah blah blah" (lol) but I don't expect DBG to take action on the situation.
    Sheex and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  2. Bigstomp Augur

I make a decent amount of plat selling crap I don't need. I'm sure resellers make more. More power to em, that's how it works. I"m sure I could compete with them if I wanted to, but too much trouble so I don't try. I just sell the crap I get to drop for me as I work at other stuff.

Nobody is monopolizing prices. Like I said, I could get in there, I just can't be bothered.

Edit: Corrected some bad typing.
  3. Matari Augur

I'm sick and tired of the improper use "family" with a guild's status. The majority of family guilds are uber guilds; they are raid oriented. So what you really mean is go join guild with casual players. The majority of those guilds end up being port guilds.
  4. Mayfaire Augur

That is exactly the opposite of my experience, but I have only been on Vox and BB. I have no idea how it is on your server. Which server are you on, if you don't mind saying?

The guild I mentioned that I came up in raided, but there were also a couple other very large family guilds that didn't raid at all.
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

The majority of casual guilds you call port guilds are single player or RL family guilds that are not really active. Yes those are port guilds. But actual active casual/family guilds are so much more then that. I know I have been running one on first Tarew Marr, sever split to Xev then ended up as Xegony after merges. Been doing for for 16 years.On my server at least casual guilds have taken a beating with many of the casual players sitting in their one player guilds. In my opinion one player guilds were a bad idea. Truely active casual guilds are not just port guilds.

I haven't found most hard core raid guilds calling themselves family guilds. Usually their guild chat is much rougher and requires a think skin to participate in. To me a family guild is a guild that is family friendly and more about social interactions then hard core game play.
    Spellfire and Mayfaire like this.
  6. Tatanka Joe Schmo

OK, I'll bite.... what in the Sam Houston is a "port guild". Been playing since 2000, and never heard that term before.

Tat
  7. Laronk Augur

its a guild created by someone just so they can access the guild portal
  8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Ah, got it. The only thing it made me think of was to port people (DRU/WIZ), and I couldn't believe that was the answer. And it wasn't :)

Thanks,
    Tat
  9. chocster Lorekeeper

Just a leftist point of view geesh:
    I made some money selling an item but...Someone else made more money than me selling the same item, therefore that person should have repercussions for making more money than I did.

Hypocrite,
    free market is only acceptable when it benefits you.
  10. Questoften32 Augur

The conventional wisdom has always been: Buy low, sell high, since the time of the grandfathers.
  11. smash Augur

Except once in a while you do have to buy high.

Thats when the shop is on third floor.
  12. Troutfest Augur

Much snack food has been bought high also.
  13. Wizlard Augur

Out of all the ridiculous whining threads, this one is the worst. What we should do is just ban players who buy the rare you put up for 20k because they realize it's worth 10 kronos. We can call it Gulagging them.
  14. Smokezz The Bane Crew

15. CrazyLarth Augur

are not these rare drops LORE just like the raid drop it self so how can someone buy them all up? Do they have 300 toons on that sever?