Bring back EQplayers

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Drelk, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Drelk Dedrath Mechanix

so I have been playing EQ for YEARS I remember EQplayers, when it went away when EQ went F2P I actually forgot about it then randomly the other day I got a notification in game telling me that "your player data will be updated in EQ Players shortly." and I remebered about EQ players

EQplayers was AWESOME

I miss looking at all my buddies old characters and stuff. I also have old characters I have on different accounts and stuff I miss looking up and stuff.

I used to go on and say "I was the top level 60 Warrior" or something silly like that when I turn the character search for highest amount of stamina.

the player of the day that never got updated but it was still sweet :p

those fun filters like "clerics who always burn the bread" and the "homely iksars"

I had someone (who doesnt play anymore) tell me he was REALLY MAD when he saw that EQplayers was removed. something about losing someone close to him that played and going to EQplayers to check their old characters and stuff. (I am on that same boat with my dad)

anywho, I really miss EQplayers and I wish you would bring it back... was something I really liked and I am sure other people like too.
  2. Diptera Augur

Pretty sure EQPlayers was finally removed because it had been broken six ways from Sunday for a number of years, and everybody had already moved over to Magelo /shrug
    beryon and complexication like this.
  3. Drelk Dedrath Mechanix

not everyone moved to magelo.. I know that for sure

but I like EQplayers because it gave every single character in the game.

I know it was broken but I am sure they have the power to do it and bring it back.
  4. Smallpox Augur

I miss it too.

Gee if they only had access to all of that character data, they could make it accessible like Magelo.....
  5. Fenudir Augur

Given Columbus Nova's position on technology, I'm surprised that there isn't already an app for your phone/tablet.
  6. Riou EQResource

Problem is how the game stores data and it isn't efficient enough to be pulled out into a separate db to be used for API purposes to make an EQ Players. It technically could be done, but it has massive overhead that wouldn't be worthwhile.

After the lay offs it's basically dead for EQ. It required a massive amount of work on coding side to re-do large parts of the game that could break and totally ruin the data on your EQ account. This is time spent on this "feature" that wouldn't be used on anything in EQ, like bug fixes, new game features, etc.
    complexication likes this.