Proof:- Lockjaw & Ragefire vs Other Servers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Croak, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Croak Augur

During the general maintenance yesterday it looks like an addition was made to the server status on everquest.com adding Lockjaw and Ragefire.

[IMG]
    Drexll, Numiko, Tudadar and 4 others like this.
  2. RainbowTest Augur

Jokes on you, that meter measures how many mages are on each server lol. J/k. RMT do not have day jobs guess where they are ;)

Before the TLP servers FV and test were the RMT servers. now its Lockjaw and Rage with some minor RMT going on FV.
  3. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

You should post a timeline too, it would be interesting to watch and so we can see the mass cliff plunge around luclin-PoP-gates and then the long period after where TLP folks aren't even playing/supporting the game at all.

It's an apples to oranges comparison, so the only thing this "proves" is that in the middle of a generally awful, lackluster live expansion (2nd in a row) that there are temporarily more people playing TLP than live. Also - how many of those TLP players you're counting are actually bored to tears live players?

Yeah...
    Silv likes this.
  4. Silv Augur

Thread title is deceiving as that gauge is far from "proof" but an interesting point.

What time was that picture taken? Just curious if it was primetime, afternoon, etc. I just looked at the meter now and it's identical to your photo posted which was at least 12+ hours ago. LJ/RF full and next highest is FV... so, idunno how accurate it's tracking.
  5. Bandok Augur

I looked a little earlier and it showed RF as "high" rather than "full", so it is actually updating.
  6. Croak Augur

The screenshot was taken about 10 minutes before the post was made so through the wonders of modern technology, as this board is timezone friendly you can see the time in your own timezone (I know some people struggle with that).
    It was early morning in Europe, but it hadn't passed midnight on the Pacific coast.

It is now 12 hours later... European primetime

[IMG]
    Drexll likes this.
  7. Riou EQResource

I think only 3 servers even get to medium now at prime time (they used to be high, and half the servers went to medium at prime time), but that only proves that people on live servers quit or like half of all of them re-rolled to the TLP's.
    Silv likes this.
  8. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

Speaking of other servers...Been meaning to ask since I got back for TLP....What makes Vox a preferred server?
  9. Jaxarale01 Augur

Its the newest one.
  10. Vlerg Augur

TDS has been out for 10 months... most people completed everything on it.

once the new expansion hit , you'll see a massive increase in players... for the first few weeks.
  11. rick Augur

not to argue I only usually look at server info and the up or down..

all white is full or mty (most games dark would be full)
  12. Agrippa Augur

Interesting that most people it seems prefer the classic era ruleset to having 90% of everything rot. The progression servers always thrive during these eras. The game flourished with tradable loot being the norm, including dragon drops, from release and for years after, but oddly around the time the Bazaar was introduced they started making near everything rot and killed all trade pretty much. Firiona Vie has the closest ruleset to classic era and it looks like it's still going strong.
    PPQ1 likes this.
  13. Riou EQResource

14. Healiez Augur

that first line is actually pretty funny. On fippy there was a very healthy population of players for a long time. I honestly did not notice a drop off until around DoN. During luclin plenty of zones sported a very healthy amount of players. tjere was also a population surge when pop dropped.

the luclin sucks crowd thinks a lot more people hate luclin then actually do.
  15. Zublak Augur

I looked yesterday morning around 8EST before leaving to work.. Showed LJ was full and RF was about 75%. Not bad for that early in the morning.
  16. Ducreux Augur

Live server players hatin' in here.
  17. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

The fuzzy math is pretty obvious. A temporary population bump over a shorter period of time doesn't necessarily outweigh a smaller population over a much longer period of time.

Not to mention you're comparing some of the higher points of TLP against some of the lowest on Live. We've gotten 2 incredibly undersized, incomplete and lackluster expansions, so there's a lot of people MIA on Live because of that, coupled with the lack of anything else to do. TDS in particular was one of one of the most "did it once, never doing that again" type expansions with the boring, hail centric forced progression and drastically increased mob hp.

So yeah, no. (and for the record, I do play quite a lot lately on Rage)
  18. Ducreux Augur

That trend isn't going to be changing anytime soon. I'd be shocked if we saw another decent live expansion and not some cobbled together "campaign" or "adventure pack" or whatever they are calling it now.

19. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Sadly I don't think you're wrong on that topic.

Also I'll see your video and raise you:

[IMG]
    Silv and Ducreux like this.
  20. Urshulgi Augur

Personally, PoP seemed the height of Everquest for me. I quit during GoD and never came back, but that was complicated by attending university at the time and then having WoW come out, which sucked me in for years.