Price Fixing in Bazaar

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Picaresque, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Coronay Augur

Whats the benefit from this? I mean really?
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Also reduces the value of an item if someone can't resell it after they no longer need it.
  3. dyre New Member

I am sooooo sick to death of "supply and demand"
  4. Tour Augur

Me too. I hate not having absolutely infinite resources upon which I can draw upon. I am sooooo sick of going through the human condition of having to decide how much time, effort, and other resources I need to utilize to obtain something I desire - something that can have widely varying degrees of scarcity and may also be highly desirous by other people. What's up with that?
  5. Bigstomp Augur

It's easy to compete with price fixers. Keep the loot rolling. Congrats on being able to play the free market economy. My hats off to you. The time required is more trouble than it's worth to me, but that's how free market works.
  6. Kravitz Augur

Your definition of competition assumes that there are actual players using the bazaar on a regular basis. In the current system it isn't unless you play regularly (every day and commit to farming certain specific items), or >51% of the player base used bazaar to setup a trader/buyer which they don't. Currently, only 5-10% of the player base does. What % of the player base actually plays on a regular basis? Not a huge %, Which is why the system shouldn't be account tied but serverside tied to be completely fair. You also fail to include that only about 1-5% of the player base keeps an account up 24/7 in bazaar. You can't compete with those folks unless you do the same thing, and how many players are willing to hold their account hostage for that reason? There is hardly any competition in the current system.

Which is why I have stated that its easy to abuse the current system to price fix and monopolize certain items for set periods at a time. They refuse to fix the issue, which is why I have started to abuse it. You can thank DGC for that :D.
  7. Syrup Augur

I hope your bum is ok after pulling all those numbers out.
    Rarely do people attempt to make an entire arguments based solely on conjecture.

Quite Impressive sir.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  8. Kravitz Augur

I'm making assumptions based on what the developers quoted as 4000 players per server limit, 250 traders (current average), with quite a few traders being a single player running multiple accounts in bazaar. So i think my bum is fine:) Or are you just ticked that I'm making strides to abuse the system like its currently designed? :p
  9. Bashiok Crownguard Augur

I dunno man it seems like its a lot of "hey look at me and all the plat I'm making," rather than informational. d3 had the problem of people spending more time on the auction house than playing the game to get gear, they solved it by making everything account bound and making more items drop.
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Daybreak makes money when people buy kronos to sell for plat so they an buy things that cost plat. I really doubt Daybreak would make more items no drop to reduce bazaar sales and usage. People buying things for plat generates krono sales. Krono sales generates money for Daybreak.
  11. Iila Augur

Bring back taskadds for exp, imo.

They still haven't figured out how to make a good plat sink, the disaster of nobles was downright embarrassing. So no plat is ever leaving the economy.

Having reasons for players to exchange value in game is important. It helps keep the whole looting and selling vendor trash for plat part of the game relevant. For all the sloshing around of plat from TS items and group gear, what do you actually spend it on if you have maxed TSes and better than T1 group gear? Right now the answer is Kronos, and the rare drop raid tier items. Both of those are pretty expensive, and the rare drops are worth more than the bazaar can handle.

TAs for exp provide a nice mid-cost service for players to trade among themselves that stays in demand throughout an expansion cycle. It also gives a reason for players to continue doing content once they've burned through it.

The arguments about it promoting bad players? Newsflash: Everyone has always been terrible at EQ. You only notice the ones more terrible than you.
    Garshok, sojero, Syrup and 3 others like this.
  12. Syrup Augur

Red/Bold x1000, I couldn't agree more!
    Backed up with some sound reasoning too.

The idea deserves it's own thread.
  13. Matari Augur

The real burden of the scheme to force sales of Kronos is on the new and casual player base. Typical the T1 group gear is bare minimum essential to complete in the current expansion. It's not realistic for casual player to camp every T1 piece. Most turn to the bazaar and find that the price exceedingly high and are forced to buy Krono or spend mindless hours camping green trash.
  14. Mayfaire Augur

Why is camping every T1 piece not realistic? Using TDS as our current example, the T1 zones (and names) are kind of ridiculously easy. I did all of Katta prog (merc, partisan and heroes) plus hunters for 2 alts in like 6 hours.

I swear, pretty soon I'm going to see posts like "I logged into the game, does that not entitle me to a full set of T3 gear?!?!" :p
    Sheex likes this.
  15. Goth Augur

If you are FTP and dont buy expansions farming T1 in CoTF is impossible. So the market for T1 Cotf is sort of high in demand for FTP folks that do not buy current expansion. T1 CotF and T1 TDS gear is the best gear for FTP people on normal servers.

Sort of why even one FV T1 Gear is more valuable than any other prestige gear.
  16. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

FTP and FV both kinda invalidate the discussion man....entirely different dynamics.
  17. Matari Augur

Why isn't FTP a valid for discussion? Sorry, I disagree, FTP is a very valid part of the discussion. Most casual players aren't going to get a free ride through content and not all classes can effectively molo it. There are other things to do in this games besides grinding gear, levels, and AA. Most players eventually like try these things, not sit in two zones mindlessly grinding
  18. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

FTP is supposed to set you up to transition into become a gold customer, not let someone continue to play the game in perpetuity, slightly behind everyone else. There are so many weird restrictions that saying a "FTP person can't kill x or farm y" doesn't really tell us anything meaningful.
  19. Garshok Augur

Agree 100%. I used to sell cultural armor - then use the plat to get TAs for alts I occasionally boxed with (where the only person they could get killed when I played them badly was me).Either way, it was time playing the game - whether TSing or leveling the alts directly.

Once TAs were nerfed - well, not a lot to use plat for until the rares started dropping in COTF.
  20. Matari Augur

I'm going to argue that many FTP players pay more via RMTs for their toons than the standard person who pays sub fee.