New Expansion?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Stom, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Stom New Member

Hello all,

Was just wondering if there was going to be a new expansion this year? It is Really close to August (tomorrow) and we normally see some insight into this by now. Player base answer is cool but, would like to see more of an official answer if one is possible.

Thanks

Stometra
    Hiladdar likes this.
  2. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I don't blame you, as I forgot this myself: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ession-server-april-update-and-beyond.219656/

3. Elricvonclief Augur

/crosses fingers for a nice release.
  4. Sindo Journeyman

Wish we could get some further information on this topic. Projected price, number of zones, goodies, level increase, or approximate release date would all be nice to know.
  5. Reht The Dude abides...

3 new zones plus some revamps was what Holly said on one of the twitch feeds when ragefire opened. Not much was said beyond that other than it would be happen in the fall.
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I think someone said based on files already showing up that there probably wasn't going to be a level increase. But I could be wrong.
  7. Donutsz12 Elder

3 new zones.... Thanks to the people on TLP which took the resources for more zones/content
    Hiladdar likes this.
  8. Riou EQResource

TLP didn't really have any effect on that, you can thank daybreak laying off 1/2 of the devs.

If anything you might have to thank them for everyone that came back that might allow EQ to hire more devs back (if enough people came back for TLP's to increase revenue).
  9. ShadowMan Augur

Continue to take!

No one is going to convince me that we aren't getting at least one less of something for every stupid change or tweak they spend time on for the TLP. The actual game itself is going to die and all we are going to be left with is TLP because of the choices made. Or I should say were already made awhile ago.
    Hiladdar likes this.
  10. Vlerg Augur

it does feel like TLP take alot more than they provide.

yes, they are the most populated server... how many of them have toons on live server, just playing on TLP because they completed everything in TDS? ( judging from the severe drop in performance during raids when ragefire launched, atleast in my guild... I'd say ALOT ). how many players stopped playing once they realized the classic content is extremly limited? ( went from 7-8 instances of mistmoore to 2 or 3...). how many boxers RMT'ing krono?
    Hiladdar likes this.
  11. Hiladdar Augur

Hopefully there will be sufficient raid content. 5 full events and 2 off events, in my opinion is a slap in the face to raiders.
  12. Angahran Augur

Shame we'll never see a decent sized expansion, e.g. PoP again.
    Leeanni likes this.
  13. Necromonious Augur

I really enjoyed the HH level 80+ versions of blackburrow and castle mistmoore. I hadn't really played classic (still haven't, procrastinating on rolling on TLP until I completely max out my mains and complete TDS), so it was nice to be challenged by journeying through those classic zones back when I was in range to get exp from their HH version

Emphasis on the challenge part, some of the pulls of MM absolutely had to be split multiple times (BB was a breeze though), which was tough with some of the tight spaces of the zone. I know it's a pain to do, but I would enjoy a re-vamp of some more of the old zones (kunark? velious?) with lev 105+ mobs
  14. Sindo Journeyman

I really don't get why they don't instance those HH zones and allow them year round.
    Xanathol likes this.
  15. Koveras Elder

If a new expansion ever dose come out, it better be good if not better then good, and since due to the sheer fact that The Darkened Sea feels like a downgrade compared to Call of The Forsaken, would this explain why no game updates for The Darkened Sea since Call of the Forsaken and even Rain of Fear had actual game updates?
  16. Tubrodan New Member

As far as I can tell both eq2 and eq1 will never see an expansion again. only bits of content released every 4 to 6 months.
    I'm not sure if they can still deliver the intensity an expansion used to bring though.

Judging from the first DLC in eq2, I can tell you it was repetitive from the start and although it may have been worth the 15$ did not feel like expansion quality content.

just my opinion
  17. Goth Augur

you putting all your eggs in a basket that is about to kicked down the stairs..

IMO if i was you guys i would hope you at least get CotF or TDS quality expansion.
  18. Goth Augur

Good question is will this new release include all older expansions. (IE CotF and TDS)

Other wise its not worth the money.

No way in hell am i buying TDS now. Not even for my box accounts that are FTP on RoF.
    Leeanni likes this.
  19. Goth Augur

an hour given to one is taken from the other.. that's how that works.

TLP give temp increase revenue. I guess when TLP dies down (which it will) they will just lay them off.

Go Go temps and interns..
  20. Riou EQResource

People complained about that model, so they didn't make TDS on it - if TDS stayed on the model there would probably be at least an extra release for it.
    PrathunEQ likes this.