TLP PVP Solves All Problems

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Thegoat, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Thegoat Elder

Don't want to rotate raid mobs with other guilds? Kill them in PVP.
    Don't like bot armies? Kill them in PVP.
    Don't like people KSing/Charming your mobs? Kill them in PVP.

Everquest is not a very skillful PVP game (it is a zergy numbers game), but all the problems discussed in this forum can be settled via PVP. A PVP server could run itself with very little GM intervention and could be a place for the "Hardcore" players to play.
    Fastdefense and yadiman like this.
  2. Canik Augur

Except no one here wants PVP. They want to play the game without being interrupted by "competing" players.
    rick, Simone and Yinla like this.
  3. Finwen Augur

Die three times on your run from Gfay to Freeport!
    Have assassination squads bind camp you until you quit!
    Lose your camp to a mage army and receive a FREE port to your bind location!

Trade PvE griefing for PvP griefing today! Only one easy payment of $14.99!
    rick, Simone and Agrippa like this.
  4. Thegoat Elder

Y'all sound casual. I did say this was a place for the "Hardcore" players to play.
    PVP is a different mindset but allows much more freedom than a PVE server.
  5. vardune Augur

EverQuest pvp sucks. No way. Not ever.
    Simone likes this.
  6. Thegoat Elder

I never said it was good. It is a means to solve the plethora of problems on the TLP servers.
  7. Hateseeker Augur

This. I mean, EQ PvP is bad and unbalanced, but you can get your licks in sometimes, however if there is going to be third party assistance for boxing allowed, it will be box or get stomped, period. Traditional groups will be vulnerable - box crew sends pets at your healer or tank, and then runs away, boom you're done and can't even retaliate.

Could be interesting from a krono standpoint - will anyone be alive in item camp areas long enough to get anything to buy kronos with?
    Simone likes this.
  8. Uliadyen1337 Journeyman

Yeah.. because instead of having the option to have a bot army, PVP will make it MANDATORY that you have a bot army. I don't foresee a normal group, say cler-enc-war-monk-mage-wiz, taking on 6+ mages that are all tied to assist/nuke/pet attack the same targets.
    Simone likes this.
  9. Delrone Journeyman

How does this get my car cleaned.
    Batbener likes this.
  10. Thegoat Elder

It is apparent that you don't know how PVP works. A group of real people would destroy a bot group. The bot group is not as mobile, you can CC pets, they will not be able to micro manage individual characters while being attacked, LOS for casting. The list of disadvantages goes on and on.
  11. Raelsmar Lorekeeper

If a group of mage bots gets the jump on a group of "real" people then the mage bot can easily target the enchanter first and all 6 mages nuke and send their pet on the enchanter or other CC (if there is any) and kill that player before the "real" people even have a chance to respond. After that the mages can spam nuke/pet attack the next most important member (primary healer probably) and if they can kill that class then it would be child's play to finish off the rest of the group of "real" people after that.

On the other hand if the real people were given fair warning or got the jump on the mage bot group then I s uspect if they knew how to play their class(es) then the "real" people would probably win if they had CC and heals.
  12. Bufonidae Elder

Only if the PvP rules are set up to let Fansy come out of retirement.
  13. Numiko Augur

Sam Deathwalker would be a better fit in todays game :D
    Sinzz likes this.
  14. Uliadyen1337 Journeyman

I thought that guy died?

But you're right! He was a legit boxer that stomped.. lol
  15. Ducreux Augur

PvP in a game where 50% of people are using maphacks with 0 consequence is the dumbest idea I've ever heard, and I read these forums every day.
    Simone likes this.
  16. Xanadas Augur

It's Tuesday, that must mean it's time for the weekly "I WANT TLP PVP RIGHT MEOW!" thread.
    Sinzz likes this.
  17. Porygon Augur

What's funny, I is the people proposing this, are probably VERY good at pvp. They probably know the classes inside and out. And all the tricks.

Well you know what you don't know, is how you kill 6 mages when the blow up your healer instantly. Or what you do when the raid force you're trying to kill outnumbers you 2:1.

Pvp would solve very small issues, namely the top guild wouldn't have to poopsock, because they could just slaughter any guild waiting.

This would be like no other pvp you've ever seen. And you would probably quit sooner than you have on this pve server.

Think before you post. It helps.
    Uliadyen1337 likes this.
  18. Tudadar Augur

Most people wanting PVP will just attack and run away over and over.
  19. Thegoat Elder

That is true.

This makes you look stupid.
  20. Finley Augur

Raid bosses would be pretty fun for a few hours before the dominant guild took them at least. Even if they outnumber you 2 to 1, they likely would not be able to beat the current raid bosses with any significant interference from other people.

Most people don't care about the loot from Vox Naggy (Unless they're addicted to Krono) they just want to play the game. The PvP wars when these bosses spawned would satisfy a lot of players. But I don't think it's realistic to ever assume a PvP server could replace a PvE server; the vast majority of players do not want PvP, it would be a very low populated server.