Question about Lockjaw's current situation

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hedgehog734, Jul 28, 2015.

1. rick Augur

YES BUT the roll backs still occurred and FOR me this over all affect time was 7 mins..

exactly 7 mins my apache server logged me at time of my /q at point i thought I had gone link disconnect while in combat at 7 .. logged back in 7:00.30 .. got stupid adventure book.. found veteran claims available and opened one box and on finding defiant gear I camped out..

NOW in the AM i had level up one level on necromancer .. not effected by roll back at 7pm.
    bard likewise though I didn't level but nothing changed there so camp out seems to have saved in someway.

Druid who was logged on rolled back 2 and 3/4 level i think to the point I was at saturday night.. all items I had in bank from the affected period gone probably (not really caring about that) .. 700 to 800 pp gone from character (might have been in shared account at time of roll back BUT was on the character at 7 pm and even that I might be able to live with .. spells for level 31 back in backpack again ok so far .. spells for 32 33 and 34th levels not refunded at this point .. all casting skills now at start point even though I had maxed up for specialize alteration for healing (all good) but if i go and solo as i always have along wait for LFG as a druid and not always as a healer I will likely end up with conjuration or evocation maxed up (it can make a big difference at times when LoM)

As i said long long hours spent waiting for LFG doing to slow solo one or 2 mobs and wait for maan routine till you either get too bored or finally luck out on a group (on LJ at 30th level only groups seem to be in unrest and mistmoore and prefer clerics / wizards over druids)

not even sure if I could solo in lavastorm at 30th level now since I have lost 1 or 2 dot and one being the biggest so i am back to warding summoned ..

finally 2 times XP immediately after reset when affected characters where leveled up over weekend (so the weekend crew possibly)

I know I logged out between Saturday night to monday night (in fact many times) BUT back up of characters didn't occur ..

AND NO COMMENTS for 24 hours from their end about what is being done and yet we have days to wait for petitions potentially .. \

just seems very very sad response over all and poor customer service
  2. Lyrical Augur

I Really appreciate the response and im sure many will. That being said.

Double xp tuesday to wednesday does not make up for xp lost to those who played this weekend when they are weekend players. Double xp means sitting for half the session it took me already to gain back to what I had lost. I dont have that time during the week as a lot of the player base is in the same boat.

There ARE still items and spells in game that should not be as has been reported by many players on todays forums and there would not be a message in game about not using said items if they werent still out there.

Duplicated items are everywhere.

Going petition by petition to return lost items will take more man hours than dbg has to give. If someone is really going to answer a petition that is lol. Seeing as I have had one for over 24 days now that has gone completely unanswered.

Thanks
    rick likes this.
  3. rick Augur

I posted the same .. I can't really use the xp bnus and yet got shafted .. you got it worse I will admit..

also though I have a few hours tomorrow I fear to even bother playing as we might AGAIN see a roll back as there are still unresolved issues in game

I really want to bother playing and then FIND we lose the xp we gained YET again or any items we might collect or gain ..
  4. Steampunk Augur

Get a grip, guy. You suggested that it might be a troll, or a banner, and I replied that it was in the MOTD. I have no doubt that this is extremely frustrating for many of you. When I started reading the forums yesterday evening before playing, and I saw all this that was happening, I was really dreading logging in. I was expecting at least one character to be completely gone and others to be gutted. As it actually turned out, I can't tell that any of my characters are missing anything at all. I do sympathize with those of you who did lose progress. Unfortunately, sh*t happens. Let's feel lucky that it happened in a game, instead of real life.
  5. Prathun Developer

We've deleted a handful of out of era items and spells and have found no indication of anything beyond that. If you have any PROOF of further out of era items and spells, please let us know. If not, we will treat it as an unsubstantiated rumor.

Note: The MOTD is not proof. :rolleyes:
    Silv likes this.
  6. uk6999 Augur

Has anyone actually had something restored? Or partially restored?
  7. Ceffener Augur

You probably won't answer but now I'm just curious. In my mind every character has a table (SQL or something of the sort). Every item they have equipped/bags/bank are stored associated with this character. I assume when you log on this data is sent from the server to the client.

Shouldn't knowing what items everyone has just be a database lookup?
  8. XTheMountainX Journeyman

Cant
    Can't you say with certainty whether or not all out of era items have been purged from the server? I'm not a computer guy, but I'm sure that simple inquiries can eliminate any doubt, no?
  9. Croak Augur

I have provided proof of data integrity issues by direct message

I didn't go "guy in defiant rubber-necking" when lots were talking about a guy in commons tunnel wearing it after servers came up. There were enough people talking about it in game to believe the validity.

I also have logs of people boasting about buying stacks of out of era spells to sell before servers were taken down... considering most toons remained untouched by the rollback and the methods used in the past to "hang on" to stuff despite rollbacks, there was enough precedent to believe the posts made by officers of The Faceless Order and bumped by their guild leader.

The data integrity issues for everything in game is all over the place

If you gave an item from a rolled back toon to a toon that wasn't rolled back, over the weekend, the toon which was rolled back would still have the item if they had it in their posession before the rollback point, but the recipient would also have it.
    Shared bank is not tied to a particular character, so I believe would also remain on a single character rollback unless specifically targeted for a rollback process (unlikely unless they rolled back the whole server)
  10. Aghinem Augur

Was this information posted already or has yet to be posted? If not, its cool - I just didn't want to miss any posts regarding this.
  11. Prathun Developer

We are as certain as we can be that the out of era items have been purged. EQ's character files are not stored in a DB.
  12. Uumdano Augur

Well there you have it, tainted and a veiled threat to punish those guilty.

Thanks for being honest and up front about the situation.
  13. Ceffener Augur

Weird. Then again maybe not game programming is not my expertise.

I'm used to databases for everything!
    PrathunEQ likes this.
  14. Necromonious Augur

It would be somewhat fair to offer some information on the lost items. I don't play on LJ, but if I put myself in the shoes of someone who lost items, my question would be, should I re-camp the item? If it was something that you'd need but wouldn't sell well, if you re-camped it and put in a petition and by some miracle it was restored, you could have wasted your time re-camping it.

I imagine some people are left in a limbo, waiting on CS tickets and not wanting to have to re-camp an item but at least if they do have to, knowing that the re-camp also wouldn't be a waste of time
  15. Hedgehog734 Journeyman

While I applaud you guys for actually caring instead of letting it blow over, I remain skeptical as others do. If people do have out of era stuff, do you think they'll come forward? I know personally from the previous progression server of people being able to hide stuff in shared bank that was never caught. As much as you guys say you found everything, people look at the past history of this kind of stuff and can't help but laugh. Let's review a few off of the top of my head and others can feel free to chime in.

1) Fippy had a huge shaman alchemy exploit at the beginning of the server where they could re-sell a potion back for more than it cost to make. People were suspended for 7 days while being able to hold on to millions of plat. This completely ruined the economy. But people were rolled back or stripped of plat right?

2) On Fippy in Kunark, people were able to research out of era spells. I remember one of the spells being the shaman Puma proc spell to cast on people. The research was eventually fixed but people had scribed cleric planes of power armor buff, the shaman spell, and others. This completely made some of the ancient spells in Velious absolutely useless. So once again, a "fix" where spells were deleted/taken away had lots of people get through the cracks with these items.

3) Recently, somehow the charm a NPC and give it no drop bug came back. People exploited this by transferring tons of raid gear to other toons including BiC augs where they could just hail the NPC and get a new one so they could give out as many as they wanted to other players. Shawl 2.0's were given out to tons of people. People were giving out old raid gear to other people's alts. This went on for awhile actually with no change. When the "fix" went in, people still had all the armor. It just wasn't doable again.

So, it's admirable that you turn on double XP. The reality is, you may have found some or even most of the out of era stuff but stuff does fall through the cracks and your history of fixing these things isn't very good. Anyone else have any other examples of these "fixes" and "rollbacks" that didn't find everything?
  16. Slippin'Jimmy Journeyman

4) You were given all information about Citizen exploiting lockout mechanics and cascading instances. They received months worth of loot/flags and you did nothing about it. You had all the information you needed sent to you in PMs, posts. Yet, you didn't do crap about it. So how can we possibly trust you to actually get this right and remove the proper spells/items when you have a track record of failure.
  17. Roshen Brand Manager

No new update to share today on this. If you're missing things on Lockjaw and you haven't already opened a ticket, please make sure you do.

There's info in my signature, if you need help opening a ticket.
  18. Zi0nized New Member

How long do you suspect people will have to wait to have an answer? I made mine about 10 minutes after server went online for good, and I haven't had a response. I also have not played since and I do not plan on doing it until I get an answer.

Thanks in advance,
  19. Warzon Elder

I was rolled back on my main, lost almost all day Sunday. Hadn't played much Monday. Here's what I lost, and what I still have, in the hopes it will help DBG understand the different ways in which stuff moves around and how this stuff avoids their efforts.

First off, early Sunday I sent all the research mats from my main to my spell researcher via parcel. I retrieved those parcels and used them on spell research/banked them on that alt. None of that was touched. I sent some of the finished spells to my main via parcel. Never got them out of parcel, but they got wiped out. The original mats I farmed are gone, as I parceled them prior to the toon history I got rolled back to, but the final products are lost, because they existed on the toon that got wiped out. This isn't a loss of a few days, this is a loss of literally every spell research drop I've gotten since the server started.

I also sent a bunch of froglok and gator meat from my alt to my main for baking via parcel. All of those got used up, the finished combines were still on my main and were lost. I did 500 baking combines in addition to that, all the finished goods I parceled to alts remain, nothing on my main remains. Lost all of the skillups as well.

I did 50 skillups worth of combines in tinkering, lost all of that progress. The plat is restored though, so all I lost here was an hour of my time.

I consolidated my tradeskill ingredients for tailoring on my main, and ground out a bunch of skillups. Made a ton of bags out of weeks worth of farming bears. Out of a few dozen bags, only the 3 I parceled to an alt remain. All the ingredients are lost. Over a thousand, approaching two thousand spider silks, farmed over about 80 hours, are gone. Retrieved from parcel on Sunday and not used up, but lost.

A few minor pieces of gear, such as +2 wisdom rings, that I parceled from my main to my alts, reappeared on my main. This is an incredibly minor thing to be duped, but there it is. There are absolutely people who got rolled back who had parceled GEBS, FBSS, dragon loot, gems, etc, who now have 2 of whatever. This happened with platinum as well. I don't think it happened with kronos, transferring that seems to work on a different system.

I do not know that anyone parceled stacks of KEI to an account they don't care about. I'll trust you can do a /who all KEI and find that stuff, but if you can't go in and search, then I 100% promise that it is there.

As more time passes it becomes clear that you aren't going to do what you should have done (restore server to pre-patch for everyone). I'll join others in saying that trading the Sunday when no raid mobs were in our rotation or FFA when I spent the time distributing loot and working on tradeskills for double exp on two weekdays is a complete and total travesty.

Logging into my main today I felt a little bit lost as to how to proceed. Early Sunday morning I got a really nice piece of gear off a really rare raid target. It's the type of thing I don't expect to ever see again. Do I wait for it be restored? If you aren't going to restore it I need to go work on gearing that slot. After earning that piece, I traded my other piece and worked the tunnel for a bit, All told I improved my primary stat by +22 on Sunday. This is no small feat for being in the top raid guild on the server.

There was a bunch of really great deals, and I got lucky, etc, etc. All of this was undone. Wiped out. The quest I did to cap off that run wasn't difficult, but it was a four hour errand where the mob I needed just happened to be up. That camp can take 90 hours if you aren't lucky.

I cannot state enough how your current efforts to fix your mistake have left me feeling totally screwed over.

Not only are your assurances that the issue is dealt with halfhearted (let us know if we see anything? Either your 100% sure because you have the tools you need to fix this, or you aren't.) You are providing no information about what will be restored, if anything.

Do I bid on raid drops in the interim? What is the timeline for restoring lost items? What is the scope? Do I write off the tailoring supplies? The research ingredients? The finished products? Are you interested in restoring only dragon drops? What about quests? What sort of proof do you need? Should I be assembling logs from my guildmates?

Is double exp for two days where I can log in for perhaps 20 minutes of exp time all I'm going to get out of this?

Do you really think that is adequate?

I'm not trying to be difficult, or mean, but you haven't even apologized. The posts and motd come off as threatening.

I logged into the game, two more slots were on my toon and people were saying you could claim stuff. I didn't know this wasn't intentional DBG. You never told us when /claim stuff would be available. I didn't intentionally try and exploit anything, and neither did alot of other people. Some made it to pok and bought spells. There was no server spam to not do that. You can't call such a collossal mistake on your part an attempt to exploit on theirs. Not everyone was innocent, true, but far fewer than have been punished.

This was 100% your mistake, and your method of dealing with it has caused a lot of disruption. It doesn't feel like you are trying to make it right. This is not the time to be cagey in your responses. Tell us what you are doing, how long it is going to take, and what the likely outcome is going to be.
    Croak likes this.
  20. Elkay Augur

:eek:

Don't think I'm ever going to suggest a "simple" fix to anything ever again.
    Behee and PrathunEQ like this.