Update Bugs 07/22/15

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Hludwolf, Jul 22, 2015.

1. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

If you feel like it, this would be great to report via the issue tracker (standard disclaimer to use a separate user/password as its 3rd party).

https://dgcissuetracker.com/
  2. Fenudir Augur

Damage shields are reporting damage as a sum total of all the DS's on a toon and lumping them under the heading for "flames" or "Thorns" for the most part. Did I misunderstand or weren't they supposed to be split off so we could see what damage each DS is doing individually?
  3. Beimeith Lord of the Game

They never said they were splitting it.
  4. Garshok Augur

I've had days like those. :)
    Motherlee and Sancus like this.
  5. Fenudir Augur

Doesn't make much of a point to do this then.
  6. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Why would you say that? The new damage messages:

1) Show the actual damage done (the old messages did not show if they were mitigated by runes or anti-DS spells)
    2) Are available to everyone to see. (Ever been in a raid where some idiot won't remove a DS and triggers a bad mechanic but you don't know who it is? Now you will)
  7. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Right-clicking once on my Fabled Shrunken Goblin Skull Earring gets me this:

[Fri Jul 24 19:53:39 2015] Your Aura of Rage spell did not take hold. (Blocked by Spiritual Vivification Rk. II.)
    [Fri Jul 24 19:53:39 2015] Your Aura of Rage spell did not take hold. (Blocked by Spiritual Vivification Rk. II.)

Note that everything is fine, except that I clicked just once and it said that twice.
  8. Fenudir Augur

Correction. The new message show net damage done. there is no break down by DS or the mitigation of individual DSs. If this kind of work was going to be put into the code, the amount of extra work required to break down the reporting would have been relatively minimal.
  9. Darsh Journeyman

Old man McKenzie Riads, Ancient Heroes - Lady Vox, and Ancient Heroes - Lord Nagafen are still broken Lady Vox and Lord Nagafen do not spawn in the instance.
  10. Triconix Augur

[IMG]Valdeholm - any building you go into, the terrain randomly disappears if you turn a certain way. It makes it impossible to navigate in the building. The most problematic thing about this is that it is currently making Hero's Journey impossible by any normal means of completing the quest The Library given by Moldren the Wise. In order for me to get to the books, i need to damage a giant, push it with Press the Attach towards the bookshelf and hope that he would summon me. Only then was I able to pick up the first book. I'm still trying for the 2nd.
    Motherlee and Sirene_Fippy like this.
  11. Riou EQResource

Do you have LOD Bias set to anything besides Very High Alt + O -> Display? iirc the problem of that in Valdeholm was due to that setting too low
  12. Kinadorm Augur

In the past if you tried to use the veteran AA's for Summon Resupply Agent or Summon Clockwork Banker when you had a pet out then they would fail and reset (Error: You cannot have more than one pet at a time.). Now they no longer fail and will get consumed if you have an existing pet but the agent/banker still does not spawn. If you have an existing pet the AA should fail and reset the timer like it did in the past.
    Motherlee and Yinla like this.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Loading LoN from EQ works fine, but a couple of seconds after you close the LoN client, EQ crashes. Never had this problem before this patch.

Also the cards in LoN are all messed up now and all show the same icon. :(
  14. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

That's been a common problem for years and is why most people use the stand alone LoN client.
    Motherlee likes this.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Before yesterday I'd only ever crashed logging into LoN never logging out, and only then if I'd done anything else in EQ.

Was fine when I logged in to LoN the beginning of the month, they broke something in this patch.
  16. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

17. Miramar New Member

Just started EQ again, first time back in 10 years. Discovered Kelethin music, as well as many other zones is not playing. This is a deal breaker for my return, the immersive music is what triggered those old memories for me = (
  18. Uxtalzon Augur

This has happened about four times separately.

Bought a stack of booze (cheap fish wine, short ale, etc.) and begin drinking. At some point right-clicking doesn't do anything and I'm clearly not drunk or wobbly yet, but I can't consume the alcohol either. I continue right-clicking and eventually the stack vanishes. No emote of consumption, alcohol tolerance increase, or drunk effects, yet the item(s) disappear.

It's as if I'm right-clicking alcohol drinks and the result is just deleting the items.
    Motherlee likes this.
  19. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I found that one Sunday night and let them know this morning. For me it always happened after I had clicked 10, so I would only do it in sets of 9.
    Motherlee and Uxtalzon like this.
  20. Dinkdak New Member

NPC Wild Rampage messages are no longer part of the NPC Rampage filter, or any other filter it appears. They are not appearing at all, although wild ramp is still happening (other characters/pets are taking damage).