Enforced Raid Rotation Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Sebbun Augur

You do realize most people end up raiding in this game when the situation is right? I don't think forced rotations is the way to fix the raid scene, but I do enjoy your bitterness. We've been saying this was broken for weeks now.
  2. Sadsong Elder

we can agree to something like :

The guild wipes it's fair game.
  3. Darth Augur

I beg to differ. Eye, real Death Touches, Cazic and Innoruuk do not. Sure they all hit harder, but not as fast. Also eye procs 500 damage off a good portion of her attacks.
  4. Elkay Augur

Who's sitting there as the honest referee with the stopwatch?

What is DBG's stance on mage forces capable of killing that want a chance?

What's DBG's penalty if a mage crew engages at 59 minutes?

This is still leaving too much in the players' hands that have already proven that they cannot work together.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  5. Jamz Augur

Yea, but we don't pet wall.
  6. Gyranthir New Member

Bye Felicia
  7. Elkay Augur

And what if a guild wants in and uses pet-wall strats? We could potentially have a dozen guilds of half a dozen real players wanting in the rotation.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  8. Darth Augur

The guild declaring it went FFA has to provide proof of such. Fraps, usually. So you "Sight beyond sight" trackers need to roll some rangers.

You set the standards with the "real" guilds on your server. That mage box needs to meet those standards. They could invite people to form a real raid around 30 mages.

Engage quicker than 59 minutes.

You can't demand answers to questions before you even try to hammer something out.
  9. EQ1999 Elder

Again, there is nothing stopping anyone from raiding one expansion behind. If you can't mobilize to compete, or don't feel that you have enough gear with lower numbers....wait until the next expansion and raid. That's what happened in 1999-2001+. Your opinion of "healthy" vs. "unhealthy" gaming is just that - an opinion. If people choose to batphone to raid or if people choose to wait until enough people log on to raid....there's nothing wrong with either. Why punish those who are dedicated to staying current with the content just because a casual guild will never get a shot without enforced rotation?

I have no problems with people who play casually. I love having a big server population. Unfortunately this game is zero sum without instancing. That isn't the fault of the dedicated raiding guilds, that's a "fault" in the design of the game. A fault that many of us love - because we enjoy the competition. It's fun to race to content against other guilds and challenge who has the best mobilization. Just as it is fun for you to game in a "healthy" way by waiting many hours for enough people to log on.
  10. Marthisdil Augur

Oh, really? You cleared sky in 3 hours after the changes? How about without certain sky loot (like those looking to join your rotation will have to do)?

Again - you missed my point. You three guilds who have farmed the planes, etc, a ton before the revamp have the gear to actually kill the revamp. Other guilds won't be able to do so - much less in the 1 hour/3 hour timeframes you guys have set forth.

As such, my guess is that new guilds coming in will petition the GMs stating that such requirements are unfair, thus, your rotation will be forced to change.

Again, I'm just guessing. Pre-revamp, I 100% agree that your requirements to get on the rotation weren't bad.
  11. Machen New Member

That really isn't true. Neither Fippy nor Vulak ever really figured this out--it was forced on both servers the same it is being forced here, because both had at least one guild that wanted to race/compete every time and refused to participate in rotations unless forced by GM staff to do so.

What's happening on Lockjaw is a first for TLP's I think.
  12. Rhiyannon Augur

so... after the mobs are buffed ... wonderful... as per usual too late.
    Simone, Barton, Mezrah and 1 other person like this.
  13. Elkay Augur

And what if the spawn window is 3-6am for a target? Is your guild SOL on that rotation because another guild is up at that hour and waits 60 minutes and kills?
  14. Sebbun Augur

Ain't that the truth.
    Simone likes this.
  15. Marthisdil Augur

And if DB is serious in enforcing things, if said box crew gets caught, they get to abide by whatever punishment DB dictates.
  16. Elkay Augur

Yep. Now this is officially frustrating for *everyone*.
  17. Marthisdil Augur

Same reason that the vote on RF was moved up.

Funny you didn't complain then.
  18. Sadsong Elder

Is it more than 67 raiders?
  19. Vaclav Augur

Regardless if he would interfere with the rotation, per this thread he'd be dealt with for interfering with it.
    Officered (and lead twice) plenty of major guilds over the years - yep, "a nobody", by choice of playing more laid back these days.
  20. Marthisdil Augur

Easy for the guilds who kept the planes/dragons on lockdown before the revamp farmed at their leisure so other guilds couldn't gear up to have the same chance....
    Rhiyannon likes this.