Enforced Raid Rotation Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, Jul 24, 2015.

1. lostinmind Journeyman

This is what you call BULLLSHIIITTTT. We said instance it and at first we get oo no we want to save classic, then we get we want comp in high end zones, now it's hey guys play nice please or we will make you.. How is keying going to work when you go ahead and try to force rotations? suck it up and instance with lockouts or leave it alone. Or hell keep ragefire alone and let people that want to migrate to LJ and join that rotation happen? WHY do you keep with the servers and changing your rulesets.

You are offering Free transfers. Lockjaw is clearly different then Ragefire at the high end soo let it be. I

The best part is everything is so buffed and near unkillable you want players to raid with less loot.
  2. Hexaholic Augur

So here's the example. Naggy spawns at 2am. No guild (other than TL) wants to raid at that time / batphone. So she sits up until the guild whom's turn it is, can muster enough people online, and pull it at their designated raid time at 8pm. So other guilds just are expected to sit by and let raid bosses be up?
    Frottage likes this.
  3. Greymere Augur

Well that would be Classic, Rathetravelagency for example the rotation created after BoTS was disbanded for extreme not sharing on the Rathe sever and bad behavior was a 24 hour window from the time the raid target spawned, I believe on Lockjaw they use a 1 hour window from the time it spawns, on rotation days and FFA is well FFA, I'm sure a happy medium can be created, if enforcement is a real thing. From past experience it took a willingness to ban or disband guilds to make them accept a rotation otherwise
    Fallfyres likes this.
  4. Darth Augur

Girl bye.
    MBear and Fallfyres like this.
  5. Brumlaan New Member

Racing people for targets is where the fun is in Everquest, yet people need stuff handed to them to even compete.

Pathetic
  6. Elkay Augur

I wonder if TL is going to be pro-expeditions now that they have to sit in front of a raid boss and salivate?

Not a shot at TL - just really curious now what all the anti-instancers are thinking.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  7. taliefer Augur

if by fun, you mean the opposite of that, i agree
    Barton and Rhiyannon like this.
  8. AngryIksar New Member

@Darth I solo'd Post Nerf Eye of Veeshan. Why am I not on that list?

Also I want to know why guilds in the rotation are allowed to train guilds trying to enter the rotation on "Free For All" days. Happened today, it was sad.
  9. creepn New Member

raid rotations have been in the game for years like ToV raids and Time raid rotations they work well if done right and we dont have one guild or two guilds who think they should get raids whenever they are up...i for one am happy to see this is going to be enforced with a little talking between leaders they should come to an easy agreement
  10. Sebbun Augur

Stop trying to bandaid the problem. Jeez, another really bad idea. We don't need raid rotations enforced by GMs, just instance it. It would be easier on EVERYONE involved.
    Barton, Rhiyannon and Elkay like this.
  11. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Well, now it's time for the people who have been suffering insults on these boards at the hands of elitests, for months, to show them the proper way to respond to a situation. Don't stoop to their level because I'm sure this thread is about to become super toxic. Take the high road.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  12. Abracadabra Augur

So just for clarity, lets reiterate:

You refuse to instance content because you wanted competition on the server and it was too labor demanding to do so. You now want players to mandate their own rotation with the help of a guide?

I'm going to need a GM or a Guide to monitor these rotations because I 100% am not going to babysit it. It is going to be DBGs responsibility to do the following:

1) Monitor the raid mobs to determine whose turn it is.
    2) Keep track of the kill times to inform other guild leaders of when mobs died.
    3) Determine who is able to be apart of the rotation, what the criteria is
    4) Determine the rule set of the rotation. More specifically:
    • How many attempts does Guild A have to a specified target?
    • How much time does the guild get.
    5) Resolve any disputes that maybe had in the game.

I am unable to put in the time or the effort to do all of the above. I play the game to have fun, not to monitor the server.

Sincerely, Skyp
    Guild Leader of Twisted Legacy.
  13. Sadsong Elder

This critic won't work. When we contested Inny and CT over 100+ TL came, no one on our server can out dps TL. Killing them has never been the problem, it's doing the most damage.
  14. Sebbun Augur

Not all of us feel this way. Neither did the devs. That's why they started instancing most content in later raids. Get over it.
  15. Darth Augur

Because you did it on Ascended Darkness' rotation day, and don't respect the rotation anyway.
  16. Greymere Augur

And if the guilds all agree to leave racing in, viola racing stays, Lockjaw retains racing half the time currently. Your position that if everything isn't raced for you are somehow cheated is moot. Learn to compromise.
  17. Sebbun Augur

I agree with you 100%. Instance this. Stop playing with the servers and do it.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  18. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

On Fippy there were several rotations, and the rotations had strict times that the mob had to be engaged by. In one of the rotations the mob had to be engaged within 10 mins of spawning or it became FFA, in the last rotation of the classic era it became 30 mins before it went ffa. The dev's are leaving it up to the guilds to sort out the rotation details initially...
  19. Krysanth Elder

So targets have to stay up for 24 hours? What a waste, what a joke.
  20. Darth Augur

You guys on Ragefire should just use the same set up we use on Lockjaw. I'm more than happy to mediate for you and help you set it up.

For every guild in the rotation add a FFA spawn. So something like.

TL - FFA - RoE - FFA - RoI - FFA - APOK - FFA and then repeat. You get a freebie ever 8 spawns and have 50% of the spawns in the rotation lets people race and train and dps race.