Lord Nagafen and Lady Vox

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by SqueeshSqueesh, Jul 24, 2015.

1. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

Greetings fellow Norrathians,

With the recent challenge added to the dragons of old I was wondering if the level 52 cap to attempt to fight them is going to be removed comes Kunark? The cap was previously in place to keep level 60 players to farm said dragons without any challenge, now that they have more teeth it would not make much sense to keep level 53+ players to fight them. Also a lot of people have been claiming that Kunark is going to relieve some of the problems we're experiencing in the current raid scene by providing more raid targets. How does that work exactly if we effectively remove 2 of them?
  2. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

No, the lvl 52 cap should stay, the dragons were buffed to present more challenge as there had been a substantial increase in dps when compared to original EQ. Removing the cap would remove the challenge for lvl 60's.

The people claiming that Kunark would relieve some of the raiding stress were being disingenuous.
  3. Druz Augur

If they leave the 52 cap in the only people farming Vox and Nagafen will be the same people farming them now, with an army of boxes left at 52.
  4. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

On Fippy, during the kunark era, they were mostly farmed by the RMT boxed crews, and they were members of the top raiding guilds. That will happen again, expecting anything other than that is naive.
  5. Mabbu-EQ Elder

Hmmm

So you arguments for not removing the cap are..

- "Removing the cap would remove the challenge for lvl 60's" ...So its more of a challenge for level 60's to not being able to fight the dragons than to be able to? Isn't that like dividing by 0?

- RMT box crews farmed them on Fippy, and they would again...

RMT box crews will have much easier access to farm them again if no one level 53 or higher can compete for it. But you must be looking forward to doing that with your box crew thats why your against removing the cap right?

These dragons have the same exact loot as the Kunark Dragons do minus some of the stuff added in Kunark, almost none of which is worth fighting a harder dragon for.

It would be like locking Luclin content to level 60's once pop came out and making most of the Elemental Planes drop SSRA Temple Quality loot.

There's no point.
  6. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

Maybe that's exactly why the level 52 cap should be lifted? Then the top end guild can move to kunark stuff and the lower tier guild can fight the classic dragons (And gods, but those don't have the level 52 mechanic)
  7. Mezrah Augur

The challenge would be for the lvl 52 characters against the Dragons. Removing the cap removes most of the challenge for the encounters that was provided by the change. Obviously you want it to be easier, after all you posted a thread requesting that more loot be dropped from the Dragons due to the change in difficulty...

My box crew? Sorry you must be confusing me with one of the members of your guild...As for your point, due to the value of epics, those dragons will still be valuable to the RMT boxed crews for quite some time, so even if the cap was removed they would still be competing for them at lvl 60.

They drop epic quest items, so they have value.
  8. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

What level 52 characters? Nobody stays level 52 once kunark hits EXCEPT characters made specifically to farm Naggy and Vox.
  9. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

Due to the epic quest items that they drop, the Dragons are a valuable source of money to the RMT crews. They will still be farmed regardless of whether the cap is removed or not.
  10. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

If people want to take part in Raids against the classic era Dragons they stay below level 53, that has been the case seen the cap was introduced not long after Kunark originally launched. In the past a lot of people used alts below the cap while they levelled their mains.
  11. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

I can see people doing that back when Dragons were killable by 2 groups. Now that they require 50+ people I really don't think it will happen that way.
  12. Druz Augur

With the increased difficulty RMT crews will not be able to throw a skeleton crew at the dragons and farm them, thus a lower tiered guild (Apok, Reign, Rosen, Ubiq, etc) can bring a raid of 60s and contest and probably win when other high value targets are spawned.

We almost never have any high value targets line up currently so it's not too difficult to lock them all down. But once you add all the Kunark (and eventually Velious) targets, it's going to get easier and easier for lower tiered guilds to start sniping things as TL gets spread thin.

Removing two dragons from the vast majority of raiders seems like a shortsighted move.
    SqueeshSqueesh likes this.
  13. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

Well it has already been proven it does not require 50+ people at lvl 50, the Dragons have been taken down by raids comprised mostly of pet classes with fewer numbers than that.
  14. Protocol Dragon Defender

You can kill the current dragons with two groups right now. If you get the Mage epic then it's probably groupable.
  15. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

Never happened on Ragefire, if anyone tries to kill a dragon with less than 50 people they're going to get it stolen.

I'm not sure why that issue is debatable.

We have 2 options:
    1. We leave the current level cap. Level 52 RMTers move in with mage army and farm them for kronos/moneys while the rest of the population actually playing the game levels to 60 and can't contest them for it so the only option left to them is to buy said dragon loot.

2. We remove the level cap and RMTers can still try and get dragon, but most likely than not some guild is going to show up and contest it. (And most likely win)

Is there something i'm not seeing here?
  16. Finwen Augur

Level 52 RMTers = the guild of level 60s that is going to show up and contest it
  17. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

And we get a chance to fight back at least. If the cap stays, you can't do anything about it aside from rolling a bunch of level 52 alts yourself wich is a dumb mechanic to begin with.
  18. Finwen Augur

I'm totally on-board with removing the mechanic, even on live servers because it's pointless 15 years later. I'm just saying the end result will be the same.
  19. Vlerg Augur

sony... err Verant, was young at the time and added that cap for... really no apparent reason now .
  20. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

It has happened on LJ.

Which issue?

The RMT crews will show up either way. I am not as confident as you that the tier 2 guilds will "most likely win" the contests against the RMT crews, then again I played on Fippy and saw what happened there...