Test Update 07/20/15

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Hludwolf, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Songsa Augur

Actually they should know since my different posts from last beta about insane mobs AC and terrible stagnation of melee dps before i gave up.
  2. Behelit Augur

ahh lame my mistake, and of course it isnt in the test patch notes for the 15th or 20th so they're probably just trying to sneak that change in. hopefully the live patch notes are more comprehensive of whats changed.
  3. ~Mills~ Augur

Except no mod for dots ever gets that high even if you pair regular focus and over focus from other abilities together. And wizards have an AA line that provides the exact same benefit to a much smaller degree. Hence my question of if wizards self only 15% critable focus effect boost adds to the 375% from CH.

Meaning every other nuking class gets a 375% focus boost for a CH proc. Wizards if under their other AA might in fact get their already higher base damage spells boosted for 390% focus boost because of 375%+15%, if its additive.

EDITED: the % crit mod wiz get from aa line.
  4. Songsa Augur

Would be more than cool if they are really aware that melee are in a terrible condition (which i doubt when i see the answer from Prathun at my post about melee issues) that one devs come and post something instead of waiting for a player playing a wizard to have some information before every melees classes.
  5. Sancus Augur

The Wizard one is 15%, not 25-40%. I do not know if it is additive or not.
  6. Beimeith Lord of the Game

No focus effects ever stack.
    Sancus likes this.
  7. ~Mills~ Augur

Except they do if one is worn and one is spell. You basically called me an idiot for referring to stuff as "over" to distinguish something that adds into the base type above and beyond its base amount. I am not sure how the AA line is handled as worn or spell.

Considering how your familiars may or may not work I wasn't sure about this either.
  8. Beimeith Lord of the Game

1) It is a focus that is affected by crits, which normal focus does not for nukes. It does for DoTs though, so as Sancus says, if you want to count that, you have to count normal worn/bard focus for DoTs, and I'm pretty sure you don't want to do that.
    2) Other classes can hit almost as high as we do with it. It's across the board too powerful which I've been saying from the beginning.
    3) I don't know any caster group that gets Ranger Third Spire, and most don't have a Bard because they are better utilized elsewhere, which also means that they use Kerafyrm's Familiar and not Improved Familiar. Arcane Overkill is a proc from getting killshots, not an activated ability we can use for a burn.
    4) I've never used it for that purpose because it is disingenuous to do so.
    5) My mistake. Necros hit 920% crit damage. I was close though.

450 - Passive AA
    175 - Third Spire of Necromancy
    125 - Embalmer's Carapace
    110 - Illusions of Grandeur
    60 - Glyph of the Cataclysm

No. 383 on Live right now is WITH familar. 256 AA + 127 Familiar for passive. 407 on Test is 256 AA + 100 AA + 24 AA + 27 Familiar for passive. The 100 from AA compensates for the loss of 100 from the familiar. That leaves the only increase to passive as being 24, as I've said multiple times now.

We have 2 abilities that add to our crit rate, and they do not even get us to 100% by themselves. This is contrasted by other classes having 16% higher passive crit rate. (And Necros having 40% higher passive crit rate, lulz).
    Ferry-Tunare likes this.
  9. Beimeith Lord of the Game

No one is talking about worn and AA. He was talking about 2 spells. No two spell focus effects ever stack. If you can't keep up with the conversation it isn't my fault.
  10. Behelit Augur

But taking you're own example of Wiz grps on raid not having a bard, you're likely using Kera Familiar on raids, meaning your passive crit dmg would be 256 + whatever activated you have running (IoG/2nd/Black Wolf). But now you're gaining the "lost" 100% crit dmg from Improved Familiar while still being able to run Kera's,... making it more like a 124% increase to passive crit dmg in a realistic raid setting no?
  11. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I don't have information for you. All I said was they know about it.
  12. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Only on a burn. Burns =/= passive.

On live: 256 AA + 250 Spell = 506 on a burn. Improved does nothing on a burn because it won't stack and the higher 250 mod takes priority. Improved is only counted as passive for the non-burn part of the fight. On test, there is no change to non-burn (aka passive) except the +24.
  13. Ferry-Tunare Augur

640K ought to be enough for anybody
    Spellfire and Dzarn like this.
  14. bitefiends Elder

While there has been a lot of focus of casters supported by several classes in raid settings and lots of info about numbers and procs the end effect of all these changes to a group mage who does not have these buffs and in perhaps rather simple terms are:

19 % reduction of chance to crit both rain spells?

Acute focus of Arcanum still working as is currently or is this overwritten by something else?

Destructive fury better

First spire not being of use any more

Having to use more direct damage spells using more mana in the process?
    ( still hunting splinter of potency)

Trying to make sense of all the details to relate to my game play/style
  15. Behelit Augur

So you're saying you swap familiars mid fight? Even still you are now able to keep up Kera's spell mod the entire time with only a 27% crit dmg loss from not using Improved making it a boost to the burn crit dmg and sustained spell focus?
    Spellfire and Sancus like this.
  16. Piemastaj Augur

What he is saying is this patch is clearly a Wiz nerf.....

Underplaying how strong your going to be is funny though.
  17. Sancus Augur

Passively 18% reduction. 60% reduction on a fully supported burn. Somewhere in between depending on what mods you are using
    It reduces your resist rate, so it's unaffected by this change.
    It still increases your crit chance by 21%, but it did lose its crit damage mod. That 100% was added into our passive crit damage, though the fact remains that every other DPS caster can hit a higher crit damage and crit rate mod on a burn (we only have one crit rate mod, 1st Spire). In addition, our only crit damage mod shares a timer with Fire Core which means we are losing out to use it, and it may or may not have stacking issues (it used to, but they may have fixed that).
    Yes, our mana usage after this patch will be absolutely terrible. We didn't get an upgrade to our mana pump because of the efficiency of Rains, which are now also getting nerfed. And we will be losing out on a large part of our burst DPS if we use Glyph of Lost Secrets instead of Glyph of the Cataclysm now.
  18. ~Mills~ Augur

So after changes it will be 407 + 545 = 952%? and thats ignoring a few things that do boost you and you just aren't using. So almost a 50% increase to your spike damage mod, plus the proc change boosts, plus now being able to use the other familiar all the time and still keep the 100% over crit mod regardless of if you have other spell over crit mods. You are still free to receive multiple black wolfs or iogs on top of it to keep the party train going as you still won't be going out of mana for all this new found burst. Furthering the issues that wizards went from a burst class to a do everything dps better then most class.

I stand corrected you are both honest and wizards were defacto nerfed like you said. /sarcasm

These changes require a major rethink or retune pass for wizards before hitting live.
  19. Zarakii Augur

plus side with the changes to procs and stacking im wondering if monks will be going back to duel wield. after my raids tonight gonna jump on test and check it out
  20. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

it would be super awesome if changes/features/fixes that originate with the issue tracker, etc, could get denoted in some way on the patch notes! :) i.e. the achievement improvements, etc.