Now that the AFK timer is really gone, commonlands main needs higher than 250 cap

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Baldur, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Baldur Augur

Thread title pretty much says it all.

Now that people aren't being kicked for being AFK commonlands main instance is sitting at 200 during the day and 255 at prime time. You have to keep zoning in and out and hope you get put in the main instance.

Please lift the cap.

And someone please tweet Holly as it seems that is the method of communication that effects change. I don't have a twitter account. :)
  2. Tarrin Augur

I think people will complain about commonlands until they make it uncapped.

The bazaar can't come fast enough.
    Banuvan likes this.
  3. Lifetap Augur

Why not just set up shop in another zone? north ro is just a few steps away.
  4. Zapsos Augur

Because if all the customers are in CL you aint gonna be doing much business in N.Ro
  5. Finchy Augur

If the server crashes the AFK timer will be present again. Something isn't telling the server to keep it disabled during a crash. DBG is aware of the issue and should be fixed on the next patch.

on a side note...i think the bug about displaying incorrect numbers in commonlands has been corrected? I've seen over 200 in zone when it says there should be...I think 250 is a reasonable amount of people for the zone...mix that with /join auction you should hit just about anyone who actually is watching it. Even with a top end computer I start to notice slight FPS drops when coming up to the tunnels when the zone is full.
  6. Freki Augur

I am sorry you can't get into CL main.... i really am... the game is so much more than one zone. who cares about a cap. move on to other places and play the game use the auction channel.
  7. Tarrin Augur

Only 250 people in CL main. Sounds like more customers are elsewhere. I have done more business in not-CL than in CL. Ideally, I do everything I can to meet someone in a city by a bank. SOooooo much easier, more convenient, better, >insert 500 other positive adjectives here< than CL.
  8. Rauven Augur

I'm going to have to agree with this.

I've gotten more sales done in Greater Faydark than Commonlands. All the customers are NOT in Commonlands. That's where all the sellers are. Are you're doing is giving them a guide on what prices to sell their stuff at.

Why would you want to give your competition that sort of info? Everyone's got mules in CL afking through taking in pricing data with a parser. That hinders competition and will eat into profits.

You can defeat that (or largely mitigate it) by using /ooc in other popular zones. Want to make a sell on a high level item? Sell it in the zone it drops or similar level. You'll be able to draw a higher price with a delivery.

Sure someone's going to come in here and tout how this is wrong because he just sold 5 GEB yesterday. But that guy hasn't played without a macro in 6 years and doesn't want the competition going where he can't.

Commonlands is a good place to get a good deal on common items like belts, chips, and other common items and drops. But selling the big items. You'll be able to get a better price elsewhere. And you don't have to zone in and out multiple times. Chances are your customers have to do the same. Bring it to them instead. They'll be grateful.
  9. Prathun Developer

We will increase the cap in Commonlands. This change should go out with the August update.
    Steampunk, Sheex, Baldur and 2 others like this.
  10. Kellaer Augur

Prathun to the rescue!
  11. Vlerg Augur

classes channel are usually a good place to sell stuff too.
  12. Zapsos Augur

Gotta love those melee items being sold in /Wizard
  13. Vlerg Augur

Assuming the guy use the proper class channel...

but hey, with soo many mob flat-out immune to spell.. start swinging that staff!
  14. squidgod Augur

My poor framerate...

Already hit 1-2 FPS whenever I look at the tunnel entrance (no, my computer doesn't suck). The EQ1 engine has its limits...
    PrathunEQ likes this.
  15. Weverley Augur

The other day on druid channel a guy was selling all melee stuff on it.You should have seen the backlash he got.
  16. Zapsos Augur

That sweet sweet 10 dmg 100 delay on staff of the wheel!
  17. Baldur Augur

So if you're getting 1-2 FPS then your graphics card does suck. Try turning some stuff off, like shadows, lighting, particles, etc.

If that doesn't help then just don't go into the tunnel, face the wall outside or something. Most sellers will come out to you.
  18. squidgod Augur