Nostalgia Server - $39.95/mo - Would you pay?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Destroying Angel, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Elkay Augur

I think around $29.95 is going to be most peoples' palatable limit. I might be willing to pay more, but I worry they'd turn too many people away going over that.

I also think 24/7 GM support would be too expensive. I'd be fine with 24 hour turn-around on tickets for issues on that server, with one second-shift GM so that they're on during the busiest raid hours. Guides should be able to field most non-critical issues.
  2. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

I don't believe that is the case for a new TLP, I believe it would be viable without the boxers, at least initially. Would it be viable over a longer term? I am unsure, until it is tested there no way to know if the server would suffer the same population drop as the previous TLP's. A no boxing server should cut down on some of the anti-social behaviour. Reputation would once again matter, with no access to boxed clerics to res chars, there should be less trains and kill stealing/charming/memblurring. At least that is the theory ;-).
  3. Rhiyannon Augur

time-locked(3 to 6 months depending on expac voted before-hand and NON-changable)
    non-voting
    2 box alt-tab limit
    garauntee to go till it catches up with live
    gm supported
    pnp restored

30 a month is my hard limit.
    Artemis-Entreri likes this.
  4. rune00 Augur

Seing these type of suggestions all over the forum is really getting on my nerves, how can you not have seen the hundreds of people that actually has coder background and understand programming that have explained this over and over: THERE IS NO WAY TO VERIFY ANYTHING IN THE CLIENT THAT CANT BE EASILY CIRCUMVENTED!

And while I'm on it, there is also NO way to check if a player is using alt tab or a 3d party tool to box( that can't be circumvented) NONE!
    Rhiyannon and Elkay like this.
  5. Tarrin Augur

No thanks.
  6. Tubben Elder

Add full instanced Raids Anguish Style, so everyone can raid at his own pace if he want - then i will pay 30,- € per month. I dont need full guide support 24/7.
    Elkay likes this.
  7. Machen New Member

Doesn't matter if people would pay it, it wouldn't bring in enough income to support 24/7 GM coverage at the levels you'd want. They tried it before and it wasn't financially viable.
  8. Steampunk Augur

In a word, no. In a few more words, it wouldn't be economically feasible for DBG to do.
  9. Hendar2 Augur

No. I don't believe they could deliver on this anyways.
  10. Rhodz Augur

Not to DBG, they have nothing to offer any longer, and certainly not for a game I can play for $0 a month.
    Not even sure how long I will continue to pay $15 for what we got now. The next month will tell if we go back to live and cancel the subs.
  11. Warlorf Augur

Man that's almost a case of beer per month, no thx. Not spending a ton of cash for a 16 year old game.
  12. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Revive the Al'Kabor server.

Add GMs
    Add PC client
    Add $15-30 subscription

And let it take its course. That's all that really needs to be done. Kronos don't exist there, and couldn't. Boxing would be limited by money as you can't buy Kronos with plat on there. So it wouldn't be too extreme. And it's the most classic/accurate Classic-PoP server available.

Those who want expansions after PoP could just wait out on TLPs until they progress to GoD.
  13. Hendar2 Augur

A Mac-only server does tend to attract a certain demographic. Sadly I never got around to trying it.
  14. Fallfyres Augur

--------------------------------------------------------
    Yep, and I'd buy my love a separate account and we'd sub for six months increments.
  15. Numiko Augur

Titanium includes the first 10 expansions of EQ, so they could go as far as Depths of Darkhollow if they wanted to.

to the OP, no it is not worth it to me to pay that much.
  16. MaestroM Augur

No.

But I would pay a premium for a no krono no box TLP with expeds.
  17. TL_KRONOLORD Augur

I'd pay an extra 5 a month for a forumless premium server.
  18. Freki Augur

i'll address the spyware: how about the client that monitors your processes to make sure you do not run two clients on the machine. that is but one, and since most don't even think about it there are probably more, and it has been proven that some of the WOW hacks came from spyware on "personal" wow servers or private servers that people played to keep from paying.

and about copyright. I am correct in my assessment, and they are NOT officially supported by daybreak. DBG acknowledged them and basically said do X and we will not pursue legal actions. and I did say that this was the case BEFORE DBG acknowledged them... but in essence they said I don't care about this valid copyright and CRACKED the coding, and placed it up offering a "FREE" place to play. so they initially PIRATED the coding and broke copyright as they did not have the permission to publish the game on their own server. please tell me that this is not against the law..(that was sarcasm btw).. NOW that DBG's has acknowledged them publicly and officially they are no longer operating in fear of being shut down. but they receive no assistance from DBG's what so ever nor support.
  19. Freki Augur

lol... you don't have to pay extra for that.. just stop coming here... i have severly reduced my visits... and feel better for it!
  20. Greyowl Augur

- Revamp all zone gfx to modern EQ standards (like "new" FP, CL, etc.).
    - Add technically well done shadows.
    - Enforce PnP and offer GM / Guide support (no need for 24/7 tho).
    - All +stats items = no trade / no drop.
    - No Krono.

Charge 50€/ month. Ill happily pay.