Find a new way to check if people are AFK

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Reece, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Reece Lorekeeper

Please stop having guides send us tells every 30 minutes to check to see if we're afk, find a better/more efficient way. I get why you're doing it, but theres got to be a better way for you guys to check if things are being automated. There are a lot of times where I just straight up miss a tell, it doesn't mean I'm AFK... it just honestly means I missed a tell.

Not to mention I just had a run in with a guide who didn't even know what IS-Boxer is... People who use it don't focus on their boxes, if we get suspended because you sent a tell to an alt that we arent looking on, thats also going to create problems.

Find a better way to check for people that are automating their characters/afking boting.
  2. Banuvan Augur

This way they can say they are trying and they are doing something without really doing anything.
  3. rune00 Augur

Just report the people reporting you so they will get terrorized with tells as well every so often and eventually this nonsense will stop.

Maybe there need to be a rule for the guides, if you bother a player he can't be bothered again for the next 3 hours or something.
  4. Banuvan Augur

Hmm. how do you know who's reporting you?
  5. rune00 Augur

If you are at the keyboard it's usually the people sneaking around your camp just standing there looking at you... Not saying anything not even a tell... Yeah that guy... Nosy nellies...
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Or maybe you just accept this as the price of boxing? *shrugs*
    Steampunk likes this.
  7. Banuvan Augur

It's not boxing in general though. I've never had an issue while boxing. I box 4 characters at once. No issues. It's the people who are boxing 2-3-4 groups at once and dominating an entire zone. Those are the types that folks have an issue with.
    Fallfyres and Simone like this.
  8. rune00 Augur

Papieren Bitte!

When I walk down the street I don't appreciate being accosted or solicited by the police while I'm just minding my own business...
    Likewise I'm running around with my crew a couple boxes following me and suddenly I get a tell from a gm asking if I'm there?

It just doesn't sit right with a freedom lover like myself..
    At this point I really wish they could start a "boxing is ok" server and I would reroll there to get away from the antiboxing crowd.
  9. Vaclav Augur

They don't tend to inquire unless you APPEAR to possibly be automated botting - just like cops in most situations don't accost random people, but they will if you're smoking something that looks like a joint in public view.
    Artemis-Entreri and Rhiyannon like this.
  10. Machen New Member

Let people speak for themselves. Just because you aren't against people boxing altogether doesn't mean everyone feels the same way. Plenty of people in these threads have called for all boxers to be banned, all users of (software Daybreak has said is ok to use) to be banned, or asked for no boxing to be allowed at all on these servers.
  11. Fastdefense New Member

I agree...I box, and by the way I often don't respond to any texts because I don't want to talk to anyone. I use eq to get away from people so why would I want to take to people in game? Just because I don't respond to tells doesn't me I'm not there.
    rune00 likes this.
  12. Eqplayer1999 Elder

maybe you should play a console game then, EQ is a MMO
  13. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Yeah I agree multiple groups is questionable. Are they doing it to have fun or to make money? If they are plat farmers it makes it worse in my mind. I can understand boxing a group but have a hard time getting my head around someone boxing multiple groups.
  14. Banuvan Augur

In my personal opinion if you aren't pressing every single button ( not one button for X amount of characters ) for every single character you are botting. Again, my personal opinion and not shared by many. It's how my mind works though. Why are you even playing if you are going to have a program play for you?
    MamaBear likes this.
  15. rune00 Augur

I don't agree with the "program play for you" statement but the short answer to your "why" question is that it's fun to beat content you would otherwise not be able to beat cause we are just filthy casuals.

Controlling a few chars is so much more rewarding than just playing one... You should try it sometime.
  16. Simone Augur

Anybody that is using third party software to make boxing their characters efficiently possible is boxing too many characters. I two box and do so by using two entire computers set up side by side with their own monitors, keyboards and mice. Even when doing it on one computer it was always tabbing out.
  17. Maltheus Elder

And just like every other thread that gets started on these forums this devolves into a conversation about what is and isn't botting based on personal definitions. Get over yourselves. Also, inb4lock.
    Fastdefense likes this.
  18. Weverley Augur

If i recall right the first few weeks on Ragefire 1 person got suspended for not answering tells from a GM.Many boxers told him to get tells to any box go to his main.From what i understand this does mean if ur not answering tells daybreak will consider that ur botting not boxing.
  19. rune00 Augur

Here is a list of things that only existed in the 3d party tools but was later added to the eq client: (make sure you don't use these features cause it's originally filthy 3d party tools features!)
    1. the map/zone guide
    2, find path to group member/npc
    3. Windowed mode
    4. Merchant descriptions
    5. Macros and hot buttons (think /cast command and so on)
    6. Customizable UI
    7. Clicking items inside bags (/useitem)
    8. Auto-Stand on move forward/ Auto-sit on camp
    9. Follow (although they need to make that one better)
    10. Autocombine tradeskill UI

I could go on cause there are like hundreds more but I made my point.

Just for fun I'll make a prediction of something that 3d party tools does but still haven't made it into the client but I think will:
    11. Timestamped chat.
    Fastdefense likes this.
  20. Banuvan Augur

I box 4 characters. Warrior, Cleric, Mage, Bard and soon to be adding a fifth ( wizard for ports ). I know what it's like to play more than one character. I can kill most anything in the game except for raid targets. I've played single characters and my boxes. There is no way to compare the power between the two. I don't use any third party software and can still perform well enough on these characters to kill everything that doesn't require a raid. If you are saying you need assistance to play the game then you aren't really playing the game. There are other reasons to be playing that many characters. To each their own but at that point you aren't really playing. The program is playing for you.
    Fastdefense likes this.