Ragefire & Lockjaw Server Transfers Coming Soon!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Roshen Brand Manager

Server transfers between Ragefire and Lockjaw will become available to players soon!

[IMG]

Players will be able to free transfer between these servers starting on Thursday, July 30, 2015 at 4:30PM PDT. Free transfers will be available between these two servers until 11AM PDT on Monday, August 10, 2015.

During this free transfer window, you’ll be able to move any number of your characters between these two servers by using the /servertransfer option in-game.

After the free transfer window, players will be able to purchase Character Transfer Tokens from our Marketplace to move between these two servers. This option will only be available until the Ruins of Kunark unlocks on either server at which time transfers will only be allowed from the server that is behind in progression to the server that is ahead in progression.
    • There will NOT be any required level to transfer between Ragefire and Lockjaw.
    • Characters who move to a server where their name already exists will be prompted to choose a new name.
    To get more information on character transfers, see the Knowledge Base Article here.

UPDATE: Transfers won't start until this downtime is completed: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...w-downtime-thurs-july-30-12-30-pm-pdt.225481/

We believe the downtime will be about 4 hours, and transfers will begin after the servers come up (approx 4:30 PM PDT)
    Osgz, Katmandu26 and Owndar like this.
  2. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

If the servers wind up in sync again, will transfers work both ways while they are in sync?
  3. Prathun Developer

Unlikely, as this would allow the more advanced server to transfer gear that had not dropped much, or at all, to the less advanced server.
  4. TarewMarrForever Augur

Hi there DBG,

Does this mean Account to Account transfers will be coming soon now too? Pretty please with Batwing Crunchies on top?

I really want to All Access-ify (via annual subscription) my third legacy account with 14 slots. I really, really do. But I'm only going to do it if I can (pay) transfer my Shaman to it...

I'll pay for the transfer. And I'll pay a whole year of sub up front on the new account. Kaching!

Not providing this is costing you lost revenue. I'm not the only one who wants this... ;-)

Thanks in advance!
  5. Elkay Augur

Thank you for giving a post-kunark transfer solution. I'd rather not resub just to transfer my characters off RF. I'm waiting to see how the raid instancing pans out before I sub again, which may never happen, but at least now I know I won't lose my characters down the road if it miraculously does appear.
  6. Solkos Augur

To get off of RF before the Kunark release, you will have to re-sub.
    By the way the instancing isn't happening before Kunark. I can guarantee that. The next thing that they are going to work on is buffing CT and Inny to the level Vox and Naggy are than they let things pan out for a little while. The 3 month release plan isn't nearly enough time for them to have any worth-wild instancing of raid content. Afraid you'll have to wait until post PoP.
    Anyways you should probably be praying more that guilds will have some sort of rotation set up and if the guilds do, than who needs instancing? Maybe in the near future, GMs will enforce a rotation? That's your best hope.
  7. Vaclav Augur

I'm noting there's no mention of a limit to the number of times one could transfer a given character back and forth - will the ability to "Test Drive" the other server and then transfer back to their original home server be an option for folks that want to do that?

Or is it just something that wasn't clarified?

[I can see benefits to doing it either way - I personally am happy on LJ but do want to retrieve some gear from Ragefire so it's moot for me - just curious for others]
  8. Elkay Augur

I was saying that I wasn't forced to make a decision to resub now in order to get off the server. I know I'll have to resub later to transfer, but if that's the case I'll be resubbing because I'll actually be playing.
  9. Elkay Augur

They should allow at least one transfer back, but it shouldn't be able to be used willy-nilly like picking a zone lol.
  10. sihpa Augur

Unlikely is a very nebulous statement :(
  11. Vaclav Augur

With how many times they've gone back on an earlier statement, I'd imagine he's trying to make it clear he thinks not - but not saying absolutely in case it's retracted later.

Or in how I'd phrase it: "Don't plan on it"
  12. sihpa Augur

Ya thats why I initially liked his post then unliked it once I realized what it really means.
  13. Osgz Lorekeeper

So i could (if i was on LJ) xfer to RF sell off some krono for the higher price then xfer back to LJ and have more plat than i did when i left? (mind you i have no Krono just a scenario)
  14. Misterri New Member

I would love to know the answer to this. I have petitioned before and they said it wasn't available because no transfers on these two servers were available. But now that they are, between accounts should be open also.
  15. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Sounds good, was just curious. Presumeably after the first desync they won't sync back up, but with it being theoretically possible I wondered what the plan was.
    PrathunEQ likes this.
  16. Vaclav Augur

Krono aren't locked to a server - so technically you could do that with a one way transfer.
  17. Numiko Augur

now if you could transfer to FV and sell them for 2 million and then transfer back that would be a problem! .. but I think the plat value of a krono is pretty close on both the TLP servers/
  18. Pirowen Senior Guide

All you have to do is create a level on character on the same account on the other server and sell all your Kronos. The you load up the plat and transfer that lower level character back. Seems like a waste of time to me though

Do you even play this game? Do you have no clue at all as to what a Krono really is and why it's so valuable?
    Fallfyres likes this.
  19. Fallfyres Augur

---------------
    It doesn't matter...whatever you do with any character within any DBG game, on any server concerning Krono's shows up on every single character you have on any server in any DBG game. o-0
  20. Prathun Developer

No problem. We're happy to give people a way to find the right crew to play with, and make sure there are things to spend Daybreak cash on, but we also wouldn't want to create a situation where the first level 60 cleric with a Water Sprinkler on a progression server was a transfer from the other more advanced progression server.