Ragefire/Lockjaw Kunark Poll Results

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aristo, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Darth Augur

Or I don't want 1000 people jumping onto my server with level 50's? Has nothing to do with small fish, big d1ck. Has everything to do with a happier community. And, while some of these people would be great to have it's the bad apples I want to keep out, but if anyone can transfer, here they come.
  2. Katmandu26 Augur

I fail to see how you won, considering that the original post in this thread was by a dev saying that they were working on the details of the transfers.
  3. Friday Augur

We realize this is a huge change, so we are investigating free transfers between Ragefire and Lockjaw for a period of time coming up soon. We're working out details for how long and when, but there will be no transfers allowed after the servers de-synchronize.

I keep getting a sense from posts here that I perhaps missed something a Dev posted, Holly's twitter, something.... Are transfers nixed or are they still TBD? Ill happily re roll on LJ, but don't really want to spend time leveling on either server until I know what is going to transpire...

Tried a couple classes Ive never played on LJ because it seems a sound way to go with things up in the air; I just wasn't 'feeling' any of them. Being decisive in the face of indecision is not my forte. I hope the work week will at least bring announcement as to what will be happening.
    Simone likes this.
  4. Demonoid74 New Member

If you are unhappy with this so called companies lies , then do what I did...not only cancel your subscriptions to all of the games they are now in control of...present all the facts to your bank or credit card company and get a full reversal of charges . Something they do not have or understand in Russia(besides real voting and democracy) , is consumer protection laws...you are entitled to full refund of your money with a merchant that does not deliver or delivers a product completely different then the one you were show or promised at point of purchase...it took my credit card company VERY little time in reversing ALL of my charges...2 months subscriptions for multiple accounts and station cash purchases .

I would urge everyone unhappy with them to do the exact same , then maybe...just maybe...they will finally learn...
    Friday, Simone, Agrippa and 1 other person like this.
  5. Rhiyannon Augur

as i said before, re-rolling after the servers were only open a week? nothing compared to being told 5 weeks in, "oh, your server is now going three months, you want the original 6 months you gotta move! kthbi!".
    Simone likes this.
  6. Korillo Augur

I think it's pretty safe to say they'll allow transfers. It just makes more sense to give everyone the option to play their character(s) on their preferred server without forcing those who want to make the switch to start over. Less headaches for them this way.
    Simone likes this.
  7. Tarrin Augur

You burned quite a few bridges based on you not reading the FAQ?
  8. Greymere Augur

Come on Darth, try and have a little bit more faith in humanity here, most the folks looking to move are likely just as eager to escape from the atmosphere on Ragefire as we were, and yes DBG ultimately is to blame for not making the decision on differentiating the two servers at the time Lockjaw was opened. Not to mention how they handled their poll.

I understand that right now the endgame scene is fairly respectful in comparison to Ragefire and you don't want to see that change, but part of that is in convincing as many of the "right" players and their guilds to move over and sometimes that means learning to think long term and compromise with others. A strong friendly community comes from guilds working together to maintain that, until it becomes second nature to the server.
    Simone likes this.
  9. Greymere Augur

In fairness many players spent alot of station cash rushing to 50 to avoid competition for certain item spawns in that first week so did give up more than most when they choose to reroll as well.

Though I personally think free transfers with a minimum level requirement is pretty much a sure thing and is likely to begin and end well before any votes to unlock Kunark on Ragefire.
    Simone likes this.
  10. Friday Augur

Gave up waiting on this company to be forthcoming with more info and just rerolled. Enjoying chanter, might even end up being my main. I will transfer RF characters over, if it is offered. It wont be anything server breaking, just a thirty something and a few teenagers...but I understand the concerns of opening the floodgates. Im playing on LJ either way.

A word of encouragement to folks to just hang in there. Eventually this will all look better in the rear view mirror. We got a new server, enough Everquest for one last hurrah that will hopefully last a good many years to come. That said, still pretty irked with this company...resolved not to buy anything I dont absolutely need until they right the ship.
    Rhiyannon and Fallfyres like this.
  11. Kahna Augur

The Lockjaw community has some very valid concerns. We were told we could develop our own personality, and we have done that. The top guilds are working together to come to fair and equitable agreements and it is a fairly tenuous time as we see how it all plays out. A mass influx of high level people could easily upset that balance. Our concerns are every bit as valid as yours. We have worked very hard to establish a community that works together. Even if the majority of people who move are nice friendly folks the numbers alone threaten to increase crowding. As crowding increases manners decrease.

You risk losing the time you put into a character. We risk losing the time we put into a community. One of those things is much easier to get back than the other.
  12. Katmandu26 Augur

Unfortunately, your very special community is going to be dead in a few years without more bodies in it. I'm quite saddened by responses like these, as they are far more elitist and unwelcoming than any of the raiding guilds on Ragefire. So many are more than happy to say how terrible Ragefire is; isn't this even worse?
    Simone likes this.
  13. Kahna Augur

Both the communities are going to be dead in a few years. Such is the nature of TLP servers.

I played on Vulak. By a month in it was obvious it was already starting to die. I do not get the same feeling from Lockjaw. I feel the healthy smaller community has a better chance of making it than an over crowded one. And when I say smaller I mean in comparison to Ragefire. We still have more people than Fippy did, we will be fine, there is no shortage of players.

You are more than welcome to join Lockjaw. Reroll, "grow up" as a member of the community. Get to know us and find out where you fit. There is plenty of time before the next expansion. Don't put your individual needs over what is best for the server.
  14. Katmandu26 Augur

Yes, such is the life of TLP servers. Then why on earth aren't you welcoming new players with open arms and free transfers? Less players = less lifespan, period. There is no way around that.

And who said anything about individual needs? How about we flip it and say, don't put your selfish, elitist raiding needs ahead of the lifespan of the server?
    Simone likes this.
  15. Kahna Augur

Servers with healthy co-operative high end scenes will keep players longer than servers that are overcrowded and squabbling at the non-instanced upper levels. I am thinking about the lifespan of the server. Happy people play for longer than unhappy people. It doesn't matter if you have twice the population if they are all at each others throats and rage quit because the game sucks to play. Most people will quit after GoD because they don't like the game after that. Lockjaw will have the population to make it to GoD just fine.

Face it honey, you need Lockjaw more than Lockjaw needs you.

Reroll. Liquidate your assets on Ragefire into kronos and reroll. You will get it all back in no time, and maybe meet some nice folks along the way.
  16. Katmandu26 Augur

Wow, talk about condescending. It just reiterates what I said before; that your responses are more elitist than any of them from Ragefire. You're getting the influx whether you like it or not, so I suppose I could say face it honey, they're on the way.
    Simone likes this.
  17. Greymere Augur

You realize of course the same argument could be made that giving up on caring about getting large amounts of raid loot in era in favor of pushing for a more egalitarian all inclusive end game scene could accomplish the same thing with willing guild partners, the I had to reroll so you should too argument just seems petty in light of it being a 6 month server instead of 3.
    Rhiyannon and Katmandu26 like this.
  18. Kahna Augur

I have no doubt the hordes are on the way. Daybreak would lose too many subs doing anything else. I just hope it doesn't damage our server too badly. I'm playing a wait and see game. If the influx brings over crowding and conflict at the high end, I'll just go play on the EQ2 progression server. I do think it's a bit cocky of you to act like you are saving Lockjaw by transferring over. We really are just fine without any additional players.

I do think it's funny that you think I am an elitist raider. I voted for 6 months, pushed for instancing so everyone could experience content, and moved to Lockjaw to have a more laid back scene over all. I raid, yes. Once or twice a week on a rather casual basis with my guild. I haven't been on for a single big named kill, just a few sky and hate/fear raids. I strongly feel that everyone should have access to end game content, and it shouldn't be locked down by any one guild. But I'm elitist because I am concerned that transfers from Ragefire will bring overcrowding and conflict. Because, you know, Ragefire is overcrowded and has lots of conflict.

I am done with the topic though, you are correct that transfers are coming, we can only hope they don't cause too many problems. Just don't bring the bad Ragefire habits (training, KSing, rude behavior developed in self defense) and I'm sure the hordes will blend in eventually.
    Friday likes this.
  19. Friday Augur

There is the matter, that if DB doesn't offer transfers, that folks on RF will just vote the same and keep Kunark socked up tight for a long while. If they are going to have a legitimate vote where Kunark opens, DB needs to bleed off some toons/players to get the results they want. It is painfully obvious that RF is the prodigal son, and LJ is the red-headed stepchild, therefore any restrictions on migration seems unlikely, unless they instituted out of concern for the health of the RF server population.

Immigration committee anyone? LOL.
    Simone likes this.
  20. Katmandu26 Augur

You're making a lot of assumptions about myself as a player, and about Ragefire. I can also honestly say that I saw training, KSing, rude behavior, etc on Lockjaw, too. "Bad behavior" isn't confined to any one server any more than good behavior is a trademark of Lockjaw. Sometimes the chat on Lockjaw gets downright nasty, almost like the elitist players that don't want any more people moving to their server.

In short, have fun, don't let the door hit ya. :)
    Simone likes this.