New player - which server?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Andrew Coste, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Andrew Coste New Member

Hey guys. I haven't played since the old days (2001) and was wanting to try EQ again and I was curious which progression server to start with? Ragefire or Lockjaw?

I know Ragefire has more people but isn't that both a good and bad thing? Am I going to have trouble logging in? Does Lockjaw still have alot of people so I can get groups?

Thanks.
  2. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

at this stage it depends how quickly you'd like to go threw the content.. Lockjaw is remaining with the original 6 month unlock schedule, where Ragefire will now be a 3 month unlock schedule.
  3. tarquinn21 Elder

Ragefire will (probably) unlock Kunark in 3 months.

Lockjaw will unlock Kunark in 6 months.

Lockjaw is going to be the "slower" paced server.

Groups are easy to find on both servers - they're both heavily populated right now. You won't have any issue with logging in.
    spenderek likes this.
  4. Canik Augur

That depends on how many mages you like to control at one time. If your answer > 2 go to RF.
  5. Tintaglia Elder

One additional thing to consider, if you don't like to see constant trash talk in EVERY channel about us Filthy Casuals™ then you want Lockjaw. I was just on RF and had to turn channels off.
  6. Andrew Coste New Member

I don't get it. People that are playing on Ragefire are talking trash about people playing on Ragefire calling them filthy casuals? Are the people also considered "casuals"? I'm confused lol.
  7. Weverley Augur

No those trash talking about the filthy casuals are the hardcore raiders.Maybe some trolls gonna do that to exaggerate the drama too.
  8. Fiyero Augur

Ragefire has some of the most obnoxious, elitist raiders in EQ - avoid it like the plague.
    sihpa and Friday like this.
  9. Andrew Coste New Member

So I should play on Lockjaw then?
    Friday likes this.
  10. Tamagini New Member

It doesn't matter, it's the same players on every everquest server that has ever existed. In 2 years someone will make another server or another official TLP and all of us will be back complaining about each other again.

This is a lot like driving - every person is either an idiot (driving slower than me) or a maniac (driving faster than me). If only they would all drive at the same speed as me!
    Friday and Grishkalur like this.
  11. RoamingBlue Journeyman

I don't really mind what other drivers are doing. I mean, I'd mind if they started ramming my car, or jumping in and rifling through the glove compartment while I was stopped at a light. Oh wait, that must be why I think driving a six box mage crew into the middle of what someone is fighting and stealing everything not nailed down is douchbaggery of the highest form - I totally get the analogy now.
  12. Tamagini New Member

No you're missing the point. The mages are just driving faster than you and you want them to slow down so you can pass them and coast, without having anyone in front you.
  13. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

mages are slowed down by AE's in Kunark.. its like a stop sign for mage pets..
  14. RoamingBlue Journeyman

Nah, faulty logic there. I'm in no hurry ;)
  15. Tintaglia Elder

Why do you think the mage armies are PLing up SK's? Go Team HT!
  16. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

except that SK's only do 200dmg with HT now.. queue the monk army's!
  17. Canik Augur

One day, you will all run in fear.... of the Beastlord Armies. maybe not though
  18. Friday Augur

To the OP: Lockjaw all the way. Still nearly five months to get characters leveled before Kunark launch..Except for the possible impending hoard of refugees that may be incoming from Ragefire, LJ looks to be the more stable and predictable of the 2 servers atm.
  19. Chanaluss Can spell Doljonijiarnimorinar, Iqthinxa Karnkvi

to OP: despite the responses in the thread, theres nothing inherently wrong with either server. it comes down to personal preference and how quickly you want to play the superior lizard race.