There's another Everquest post up on Massively

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by RoamingBlue, Jul 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finchy Augur

This right here...due to the way the poll was setup, the 3month was more like eh i dont care either way so i'll choose the middle. Yet somehow the 3 month voters automatically got put into the early release category, when as you mention, would have been ok with 6.

bleh
    Son of a... and Jaxarale01 like this.
  2. Hateseeker Augur

Aren't they getting 3, though, which is what they voted for?
  3. Glistarian Augur

Yep. One of the main reasons it's simply not valid to add up options and claim a "majority".

There was NO majority. Period.
    Son of a... likes this.
  4. Canik Augur

It wasn't a vote. It was a poll to gauge opinions. At no point was it said that they would follow the poll. Polling and Voting are 2 different things. They polled an opinion, they didn't open a vote for an option.
  5. xakanrn Augur

they on purpose split the 3 and 6 month voters for this.
    to be honest between this and holly comment i think i wait and see for a week and decide if i really want to continue EQ
  6. Jaxarale01 Augur

Its a perfectly absurd example to go along with the absurd poll and how they spun it
    Smallpox likes this.
  7. Pikallo Augur

Well to be fair, I did want 3 months and yes 3 months is the "early release category" - if I had wanted 6 I would have voted that. Just because I would have been ok with 6, doesn't mean that my vote for 3 should have been disregarded because I'm not losing sleep over which option was chosen.
  8. Solkos Augur

Fair enough but this is why a second poll between the 2 top picks would have been the best solution to finding what players truly thought.
  9. Smallpox Augur

Another way to put it:

How would you interpret the following poll winner?
    • 1) No (has 20 votes)
    • 2) Maybe (has 10 votes)
    • 3) Yes (has 29 votes)
    According to the early-unlock people, the vote would be interpreted as the majority do not want "Yes". This is reading a poll completely backwards. The majority choice on a poll, no matter what the choice, should be the clear and defined winner. Adding poll choices together makes no sense at all.
    Jaxarale01 likes this.
  10. Solkos Augur

The reality of the whole situation is the pole should have gone 1 of 2 ways.

Give 2 options. Kunark early or at 6 months and if early wins, give a second poll of ASAP or 3 months.

Second option: give 3 options of 2 months, 4 months, 6 months and take the average of all the votes to get to a final number.
    Finchy likes this.
  11. FXTi New Member

You do voting so you don't have to make assumptions. By the votes, its clear the community wants 6 months. If you think you screwed up the voting, then have another vote with only two choices.
  12. Pikallo Augur

I find it odd so many people struggle with the concept of this poll. I do agree it would have been much cleaner and simpler to just have a yes/no for early release so people would understand it better. The wording and option set for this poll was poor on the part of DBG.

That being said, if they simply removed the option to release ASAP and it was only 3 and 6 months - based on the results of this poll - the 3 month option would have won(assuming the people who voted for ASAP would have been 3 months). They didn't release the specific numbers, but if they are saying that ASAP + 3 months was a majority, that means > 50%. So again, if the asap option was removed and it was only 3 or 6 months, the 3 month option would have been greater than 50% and been the clear majority.
  13. Glistarian Augur

The entire point is you can't do that. It's not valid. It's just...not. Polling just doesn't work like that. I understand that many naively think it does, but...it doesn't.

The only way you can know the result of a 3/6 only poll is to run a 3/6 only poll.

Anything else is a guess, and one of extremely dubious accuracy at that.
  14. Arrk Augur

I bet if they reran the polls with only 3 and 6 month options... Both servers would have voted 3 months by majority.

Like I said the first day... the poll was horrendously constructed.

I believe their original intent was to release Kunark ASAP to help alleviate the raid situation. It backfired on them, when they got wishy washy and included a 3 month option, because they knew that ASAP vs 6 months... ASAP would of lost hands down.
  15. Fallfyres Augur

-----------
    Tell me...those of you who voted for 3 months...do you feel good about them 'thinking' and 'interpreting what you realllllly likely meant' for you?

No pre-poll public overview of what they wanted from the polling and why they would be 'interpreting' one of three choices/results, instead of providing two choices for players to poll on... = three day old mackerel.

http://spongebob.wikia.com/wiki/Something_Smells?file=Titlecard_Something_Smells.jpg
  16. Solkos Augur

That is exactly what I have been saying with 1 key difference. It isn't that I screwed up the voting, it's that the ballet was garbage (Florida anyone?!?!?!) :)
  17. Pikallo Augur

You're wrong. First off, it is a poll and not a vote. We weren't voting on these 3 distinct items. The point of the poll was to gauge the community interest in whether or not to release Kunark early, which in reality is a yes or no question. The majority of the community(aka more than 50%) voted "yes" to release Kunark early. Not extremely difficult to understand unless you are clouded by emotional or bias.
  18. Dersk Elder

A problem with the interpretation of the vote taken by Daybreak is that it appears Ragefire is likely going to be a 3-month expac server now, not just for Kunark.

"Once Ragefire is settled into Kunark we'll have to explore whether they want to return to the 6-month schedule or adjust it to a faster track."

If they're going to allow earlier than planned expansion openings from here on out, people migrating to Lockjaw (to play on the server rules that some of us actually signed up for) will only tilt the server farther towards a population that would vote for early release.

If they want to play games with expansions they should make a new server, not change thing like this with a lingering "we'll probably change more down the road."
    Glistarian likes this.
  19. Pikallo Augur

I totally agree that the poll was poorly constructed. And I also agree that the only way to 100% truly know is to have a 50/50 poll. But I would argue that it is your own naivety to not see that based on the results of this poorly written poll, that the majority of the community wants the early release of Kunark.
  20. Glistarian Augur

You're free to guess at the results of a 3/6 only poll, but don't present them as a fact.

This vote had no majority. Period. Simple fact.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.