Server Select Chat showing Account Names

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ducreux, Jul 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ducreux Augur

So the server chat is currently ignoring all nicknames and displaying everyone's account name.

Nice security.
  2. Veldaria New Member

ya i saw that too.
  3. Feradach Augur

Saw that and tried changing my name using the #rename <old name> <new name> command. It errors out and doesn't work. Could have something to do with the general login maintenance that's going on right now.
  4. Naugrin Augur

That seems like a rather large oops....will dbg now ban themselves for sharing info?
  5. TarewMarrForever Augur

OMG this can't be a thing. As a MMO middleware developer I cannot stress enough just had awful this is.

Please update the forum when this is fixed. I'm not logging in until so...
  6. Feradach Augur

Seems that it got fixed right before the servers came online. Chat was frozen for me, but after logging out and back in my pseudo-name had been restored. Servers got unlocked just a moment after that.
  7. Fallfyres Augur

------------------------
    There are other MMO's which do this routinely...one benefit is that azzwipes cannot hop on their other character to disappear...it shows which account the name is under.
  8. Arwyn-RoV Augur

The benefit is FAR outweighed by the fact that if some clown figures out your password, gets your account name from something like this, the bad actor can log you in, move you to FV and chop-block-sells your characters things... your EQ career is over. #DBG-WeNeed2FANow
  9. Motherlee Augur

What??? AGAIN????
  10. Aleahna New Member

How do you change the name showing on the Server (down) Chat window? It shows the name I had a long, long time ago...and my husband's shows a name it should not (see above comments). Any help is appreciated!
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

If that is what is showing in the chat window I suggest staying out of chat.
    Aleahna likes this.
  12. Caell Augur

wow nice thread necro!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.