Ragefire/Lockjaw Kunark Poll Results

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aristo, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Barton The Mischievous

I say we stay on Ragefire and vote no on the unlock vote in
    3 months, when the vote opens, let's see just how far DBG will go back on its word
    Yinla likes this.
  2. Tarrin Augur

What does the word "majority" mean to you?
  3. doodelydoo Journeyman

We held a vote and then did what we were going to do all along, because who cares about casuals and their votes. Some of them were even talking about raiding! Can you believe it?! Oh, casuals.
  4. Xanadas Augur

I think a lot of people were ok with ASAP or 3MO as long as everyone went with them, but as soon as a LOT of people have the option to stay behind (ie. move to LJ), the scenario of being on a fast-moving server with some of the harder-core types doesn't sound so attractive....
    Friday and Rhiyannon like this.
  5. Porygon Augur

This. So many times over. If only everyone could get this.
  6. Tarrin Augur

People complaining that BOTH servers aren't 6 months..when the total vote for 6 months/not 6 months was obviously close so they compromised and gave each server their own option...

Its cute.
  7. Asheran Augur

I'm not worried about Lockjaw dying overnight. I'm worried about a few months from now, when everyone has reached 50, geared their characters out, and are bored. 3 months would have been fine, especially with the increase in planar spawn times...but I worry that 6 months will be a bit much.
  8. Risiko Augur

The SERVER COMMUNITY voted for 6 months AGAIN.

So, you change the server to three months.

What?

No. Seriously. What?
    Xanadas, Kellaer and Barton like this.
  9. Vaclav Augur

Uh, Ceff - you know the original way of selecting president and VP was exactly that, right? President was the winner, runner up was VP.
  10. ranluwen Journeyman

You wouldn't win the vote to keep kunark closed. They clearly stated that the majority of people wanted earlier access to kunark, not sure why that would change in three months.
  11. Glistarian Augur

One server for racers, one for people not in any hurry. I'm good with that.

The only thing keeping me from renewing is the threat that the situation may be "revisited" at any time.

Make a choice. Commit to it.

You can do eet!
    Katmandu26, Rhiyannon and Vaclav like this.
  12. Velnarin Lorekeeper

Obviously there will be some who won't like this (as already evidenced in this thread) but I'd like to point out to everyone saying "6 months won the vote" that it didn't, because 1/4th of the population wanted Kunark to open tomorrow and 1/4th wanted 3 months, with the slight majority being the people who wanted it to open early.

This is an intelligent compromise to everyone because Lockjaw needed some people to transfer to it since the population is unbalanced right now. Also, as has been mentioned before, this is not some slippery slope to releasing all of the expansions in 3 months as far as anyone can tell right now. The thought behind the early release vote was not to speed progression up that much faster; it was to broaden horizons further than vanilla to give cramped zones some breathing room and release perhaps the best expansion ever created a little early.

Vanilla is a proper challenge and Kunark is also in its own way, but vanilla also had some horribly-designed dungeons (in the opinion of many) such as recommending you go to Najena at 12 and then putting level 20 mobs around every corner, then Befallen's 'oh stuff aggro'd you through the ceiling, trained its way down and wiped out 3 groups in the process? Hey, it's nostalgia!' thing.

Kunark at least capitalized on teamwork winning encounters and managed to make the dungeon experience a lot more fun while not throwing level 27 KOS griffons into the middle of a level 13 leveling ground and generally trying with such zealous vigor to irritate you that you actually wanted to quit.

I'm not calling vanilla 'not fun', but it taught the developers a lot at that point and Kunark is where the real game begins for many people. The vote spoke and I doubt much more will merit skipping... other than Ykesha because... ugh.
  13. Tarrin Augur

More than 50% of the community did not want 6 months. What is the issue with having 2 different server types and compromising?

I don't hear people wanting ASAP/3 months complaining one server will be 6 months. I hear a lot of 6 Month-ers complaining that 50% of the servers will be doing what more than 50% of the voters want. (Hint...not 6 months)
  14. escapegoat New Member

HOLLY et al. -- if you guys allow server transfer, please only allow transfers from Lockjaw to Ragefire and not vice versa. lots of us on Lockjaw are there because we knew it was going to be a lower population server. it would be nice if it stayed that way.
  15. Barton The Mischievous

Actually, Holly called it a vote to let the players decide the fate of the server. So no it was not touted as just a poll
  16. Ceffener Augur

Hey that's why I changed my mind to decide maybe it is a good idea!
  17. DBCooper Elder

Or the 45%ish that voted for 6 months on RF are upset and the 55%ish that voted for 3 months/asap on LJ are upset because they either have to hope they can change servers or live with a different ruleset than they wanted?

Some people were going to whine regardless.
  18. Vaclav Augur

But... but... but... I hate people...

-Aszuth, curmudgeon and sarcastic SOB of DHS
    [That isn't Azuth and won't cut you a deal on Mithril Legs - he's a different person, honest]
  19. Shadva Del`Shai Augur

So, 6 months won by far on both servers but, you've decided to manipulate the votes and combine 2 parts of the vote options to over-rule it for Ragefire? That's insane. What happens if the majority votes NOT to open Kunark with the August 23 - Sept. 6 vote? Or will it be yet another 3 - 4 or more choice votes that can be likewise manipulated?

If multiple people run for public office and one person wins by a large margin compared to the others individually, they don't combine the votes for the losing candidates and create a split decision.

If 3 guilds are fighting for a raid mob, and guild A does more DPS than guild B and C individually but guild B and C combined does more DPS than guild A, you don't give the loot to guilds B and C.
    Barton likes this.
  20. Vaclav Augur

I'm mixed on that, goat.

I really feel most toxic people won't like being stuck for 6 months and would prefer something quicker, independent of transfer potential.
    Silv likes this.